The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691]

Scroll to see replies

For question 2... i thought it was a 5% sig lvl.. stating the critical value to be 1.6449.... therefore accept ho? I got the right test statistic.... How many marks will I loose?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I'm in a similar boat
60 will probably be around the A boundary, 70 certainly above that so you still have over 80% overall
And you need 90% across any 3 A2 modules (so 270/300 marks, not 90% in each module) as well as the overall 80%; all your remaining modules are A2
You are still well on course for an a*

Any three or does it need to include fp2-3 ?
Original post by TabulaSmaragdina
Lol I meant % i.e. 60% and 70%.

Oops
Yeah assuming those worst case scenarios you need a total of 350 UMS out of the remaining 400
And as said 270/300 across three of them
Thanks!
Oops
Yeah assuming those worst case scenarios you need a total of 350 UMS out of the remaining 400
And as said 270/300 across three of them
Original post by xyzmaster
Any three or does it need to include fp2-3 ?

I am almost certain it is any three
I am almost certain it is any three

That sounds good to me. Thanks
Either FP2 or FP3 is mandatory (like FP1) BUT it doesn't need to be one of the 3 A* modules, e.g. You might have FP1 M1 FP2 and then 3 A* modules e.g. S3 S2 M2.
Original post by Mutleybm1996
So would we get 0 marks for the table if we wrote 25 25 25 25 just marks for the conclusion, degrees of freedom and hypothesis?
None whatsoever for the table?
My teachers said we would only lose about 3-4 marks due to a final accuracy Mark and one or two for the expected frequencies, the test statistics should all follow through from our answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 66 in this. A* by any chance?
Original post by Braddy16
Either FP2 or FP3 is mandatory (like FP1) BUT it doesn't need to be one of the 3 A* modules, e.g. You might have FP1 M1 FP2 and then 3 A* modules e.g. S3 S2 M2.

Ah right. That's great ,

I think one mark hypothesis. One mark for the critical value
Reply 671
For question 6a
I stupidly did the normal distrbution for goodness of fit
How many marks would pick up?
Original post by Rajsab
For question 6a
I stupidly did the normal distrbution for goodness of fit
How many marks would pick up?

I don't think you'll get any
Original post by xyzmaster
I think one mark hypothesis. One mark for the critical value

7 for the table seems really harsh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheRealBossBoom
I got 66 in this. A* by any chance?

Think I may have got this (though it's a positive estimate)

If you look at the years since a* was introduced it has never wavered from between 68 and 69

However, this is harder than any of the previous papers including IAL and R

I would be tempted to say 67 but having seen how many were stumped by 4d who knows, could be like 64-66ish

Luckily though a high a can still serve you given that 90% across three modules rather than 90% individually in each is what's needed overall
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like to use lower limit more often so as to keep working to do even better for the coming papers
how did people calculate r and s for 6 b) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think you'll lose 1 for hypothesis, 2 for accuracy, +2/3 for method maybe? idk im guessing you'll might lose 4/5 marks? try looking at prev mark schemes and see how they mark!
Reply 678
I did normal disturbuution for 6a
How manny marks would i pick up?
Woul i picck up any at all 😥😥?
Original post by varshanct95
how did people calculate r and s for 6 b) ?

I wrote something like P(x)=k.A where A is the area of the region since we were told they are proportional. Then using the first to values in the table I found k and using that value of k I found each of the associated probabliities (by calculating each area) and hence found the expected values for each region..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending