The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11Jason11
Did it ask for human hearing or ultrasound?

Ultrasound so 20,000Hz
Also for P3, when working out the angle r did we all remember to use inverse sine? :tongue:
Original post by Ilyas_99
i used the rule but i didn’t know which way the current was flowing as it did not say

It moved up as current flows from positive to negative from the cell/battery
Original post by Cbrown223
Higher P3 and you had to label the retina and suspensory ligaments

I did higher and there was no labelling. They were already labelled.
I think the people talking about the labelling eye question may have done PH3HP paper, while people who DID NOT get the question did FAS3HP paper (who sat core last year).
I don't remember any labelling questions and I did FAS3HP.
image.jpgI just did this for the refraction but is that wrong??
Original post by tue
I think it's acceleration

Friction
Original post by JezDayy
I think the people talking about the labelling eye question may have done PH3HP paper, while people who DID NOT get the question did FAS3HP paper (who sat core last year).

sounds about right
Original post by amygracebroad
hey max,
it said maxiumum speed so I assumed I'd need to take a measurement purely from the straight line, so I put my ruler on the line and marked when it began to curve off. the line was straight from 80-170m on the y axis, and 6-10 seconds on the x axis, so that got me 90 metres, and 4 seconds, and when I did 90/4 it got me 22.5m/s

That couldn't sound more correct to be honest lol
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Did you do last years paper? It was way easier than this years?? And it was 44 for an A star.

I think 43 for unit 2 and 45 for unit 3 (lower because of the silly mistakes it looks like many people have made)
Original post by tue
I think it's acceleration

Which question was that?! I don't remember it! I remember one that asked what causes the acceleration or something like that
Did it ask for human hearing or ultrasound?

Ultrasound, so 20000 Hz
Who else thinks as they're reading this, their Physics grades are falling faster than the rocket tin question 6?

same bloody hell i've made so many mistakes
Lol
Original post by Tuffyandtab
I got up as well (not as in getting up this morning, but I drew an up arrow).
Yeah I put the same answer as I worked out before but I put 3.6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuffyandtab
I did higher and there was no labelling. They were already labelled.

This is aqa? I don't know why you're were labeled then :/
Original post by Positivedani
image.jpgI just did this for the refraction but is that wrong??

Yes, cause as you can clearly see what happened in water. Also the space to do refraction was very small- should've given you a hint it wasn't that. I put partially reflected, whilst some people put it went along the boundary.
Original post by JezDayy

Yep, about 98% sure that's correct!!
Reply 1058
Original post by JezDayy

Yeah I did the PHSHP paper
Reply 1059
What did people get for the rocket velocity as it went upwards? I put decreases because air resistance and weight was a greater force than the upward thrust, so it decelerated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending