The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I just did my c2, and after my c1, I don't think I'm gonna do that well. Generously, I've predicted myself a 45/75 and 56/75 for c1 and c2. I also have a mechanics exam, which if I try hard, I know I can get 74/75. I am also in the misfortune of being affected during my examinations so my school has applied for special consideration and said I'll be likely to get a 4/5%. My question is, if I get those following results, am I able to scrape an A somehow? please help. I'm not sure whether they will be add it to my overall grade or individual units, hence asking you guys. Thanks xx
Original post by alevels2k15
Okay...If i got Like 60 UMS in C1
and i got like 40 UMS in c2
And say 80 UMS in S1...Is that an A (given the difficulty of these evil papers) Or a B at least :frown:

since AS is out of 300ums you would be getting 60+40+80 which is 180ums out of 300 and that is like 60% which would be borderline C i think.
Think i got 62/75... I also think grade boundaries will be high this year as i think it was a straightforward paper and i lost silly marks. Don't think theres a chance of an A in this one! :frown:
guys what would 51/75 (68%) be, based on harsh and lenient grade boundaries
Damn for the factorisation question I was in the mindset of solving the equation so I divided by 3 and factorised but didn't multiply the whole thing by 3 once done. I think I also said it was = 0 :s-smilie:.
I reckon 2 marks dropped but 1 for the method? Did anyone else make the same mistake?
Reply 3245
Anyone else got 28 for the value of 'n' is gemetric series thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lappong99
Do you think 63/64 will be an A? :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it, the paper was kinda difficult, it will probably be 59 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joe317970
I was getting 60-65 consistently in the mocks but looking at th model answers, probably more around the 45 mark, this was a retake as well! Oh well bring on C3 and C4!

Unlucky man feel your pain did all gold papers last night got 70 abd damn what's c3 and 4 like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3248
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Unlucky man feel your pain did all gold papers last night got 70 abd damn what's c3 and 4 like

Posted from TSR Mobile

I enjoy C3 but C4 is nasty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously wtf

I got 70/75 when I did a past paper for last year's exam.
68/75 for 2013

Think I got 50/75 here. Just wow.

Some stupid mistakes on some of the questions and 6 marks gone straight away, another mistake there? Another 5 gone.

Maths was my only exam I was meant to easily get an A in... Now I have to get something stupid in stats like 95 just to scrape an A. Worst test ever.
Original post by a.a.k
I enjoy C3 but C4 is nasty

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only have stats left need to get full marks to get an a overall at as what do you think you'll get

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think i got around 46/75 for this .... messed up the integration cos i ran out of time even though i could have done it! :frown: i feel like it was such a long paper even though there were only 9 questions. tbh i though this was WAY worse than c1... c1 wasnt bad tbh.
Reply 3252
I only have stats left need to get full marks to get an a overall at as what do you think you'll get

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well C1 and C2 wwnt prerty good but i have mechanics which i am not confident about overall i might get a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

C3 and C4 make C2 seem a lot more simple. Last year C2 might as well have been written in Dutch for me. Strangely C4 is easier for me in a way, partly because I like integration (I know it seems stupid because I got the question wrong today :L) C4 is mostly all integration and C3 is more based on trig and functions etc plus you have to differentiate trig functions which isn't too bad. Overall I think C3 and C4 carry the same basis but you learn more techniques etc. M1 is dreadful :/
Reply 3254
C3 and C4 make C2 seem a lot more simple. Last year C2 might as well have been written in Dutch for me. Strangely C4 is easier for me in a way, partly because I like integration (I know it seems stupid because I got the question wrong today :L) C4 is mostly all integration and C3 is more based on trig and functions etc plus you have to differentiate trig functions which isn't too bad. Overall I think C3 and C4 carry the same basis but you learn more techniques etc. M1 is dreadful :/

Love tje identities and differetiation in C3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll probbaly retake c2 next year yeah mechanics looked like a bitch so I decided to do stats way simpler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where can I find the mark scheme?
Original post by a.a.k
Love tje identities and differetiation in C3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too so basically I love c3 given that a large amount of the questions are based in those topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't quote me on this, however I believe it is the process of determining the boundary for an A by averaging the the top 20% of marks by students taking the test.

And bear in mind, just because the general consensus on tsr is finding it difficult, this does not mean the boundaries will drop.
Personally I think for an A will be 61-64 marks, and for 100 ums, 74-75

Let's all put this behind us and focus on s1, or whatever third module you are taking

Good luck for it!
Original post by Mathskid137
Seriously wtf

I got 70/75 when I did a past paper for last year's exam.
68/75 for 2013

Think I got 50/75 here. Just wow.

Some stupid mistakes on some of the questions and 6 marks gone straight away, another mistake there? Another 5 gone.

Maths was my only exam I was meant to easily get an A in... Now I have to get something stupid in stats like 95 just to scrape an A. Worst test ever.

I found this paper better than c1 tho, tbh iv always prefferd c2 to c1 but looking at the answers I feel like iv got around 45ish/75 and don't even ask about c1!

Yeh looks like I'm gnna have to achieve a miracle in s1 to get a B over all :/

Oh well, here's hoping :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest