The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Maths C2 May 20th 2015

Scroll to see replies

That went chillin... Very pleased
Original post by wellwhatcanisay
I don't think I performed too well....but, however well anyone thinks they did, should also know that there's a lot more to success than exams, and even if you failed all your a levels this doesnt necessarily mean that you will be any less succesful/wealthy than those who achieve straight A's. In the grand scheme of things exam grades are worthless, and serve no more than an indicator to how interested and dedicated to achieving a high grade in that specific subject. (also a very good way to fall into the trap of being landed in thousands of pounds of debt working for other people your whole life, if you couldn't guess, I'm of course talking about university)

Um....
Reply 82
For the last question, did anyone use the area of a segment equation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by manjot97
Yup that's what im hoping for. How did the rest of the paper go for you?

mainly ok, got tripped up on 2a and 2c, used the wrong aequation for k :< last but one wasnt great and i made silly mistake somewhere too, but im guessing i got around 63-65 about the same as c1
Reply 84
Original post by Nur_ah
For the last question, did anyone use the area of a segment equation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what i got, i know primelime got the same too :smile:

i had that thetar^2/2 = 1.3r^2, then area of the triangle = sin2.6 r^2so the smaller flowerbed was 1.04...r^2
Then the area of circle = pi r^2 ,take away the smaller flowerbed, (1.04...r^2) = 2.09...r^2

and then just stated that 2.09... (larger flowerbed) is roughly twice 1.04... (smaller flowerbed)
Original post by manjot97
Um....

Sorry if that escalated a little bit too quickly but in my opinion it's true
There was a girl crying next to me all through the exam.

I got half way through the last question, I made a numerical slip finding out ST and I also used the wrong formula for K.

Apart from that, everything went fine.
Reply 87
Is there going to be a mark scheme released later like there was for C1?
Reply 88
I don't think I performed too well....but, however well anyone thinks they did, should also know that there's a lot more to success than exams, and even if you failed all your a levels this doesnt necessarily mean that you will be any less succesful/wealthy than those who achieve straight A's. In the grand scheme of things exam grades are worthless, and serve no more than an indicator to how interested and dedicated to achieving a high grade in that specific subject. (also a very good way to fall into the trap of being landed in thousands of pounds of debt working for other people your whole life, if you couldn't guess, I'm of course talking about university)

No offence, but that's not true at all. Exam grades are not worthless otherwise no one would care about them. They will make you more successful and probably earn more (although that's not that important to a lot of people). There are exceptions, obviously, but that's generally how it is. Where are you gonna get without qualifications?
Reply 89
Original post by WhisperingTide
There was a girl crying next to me all through the exam.

I got half way through the last question, I made a numerical slip finding out ST and I also used the wrong formula for K.

Apart from that, everything went fine.

What is this K everyone is talking about? I can't remember...

EDIT: Don't worry, I remember know. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by VeepFan
Is there going to be a mark scheme released later like there was for C1?

I posted an unofficial mark scheme that people have generally agreed with, so that might be helpful.
Reply 91
Original post by PrimeLime
I posted an unofficial mark scheme that people have generally agreed with, so that might be helpful.

yes I did see thank you! i just want to see if i grabbed any method marks on some of my iffy answers :/ Your mark-s looks pretty faultless tho :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by VeepFan
yes I did see thank you! i just want to see if i grabbed any method marks on some of my iffy answers :/ Your mark-s looks pretty faultless tho :smile:

Thanks, I tried to be as accurate as possible in that exam, but I still made quite a few mistakes that I need to go back and correct :redface:.
Original post by PrimeLime
No offence, but that's not true at all. Exam grades are not worthless otherwise no one would care about them. They will make you more successful and probably earn more (although that's not that important to a lot of people). There are exceptions, obviously, but that's generally how it is. Where are you gonna get without qualifications?

It is possible to succeed without the aid of qualifications, a lot of it is perception... many notable and highly wealthy people, are individuals who have dropped school at either school or University. And I never said that they were worthless full stop, I suggest you re-read what I said. All I am saying is, you don't have to agree with me but... living under tens of thousands or pounds of debt it limiting and adds a lot of parameters to your life choices. At the end of the day, life is what you make out of it, it's just up to you to be able to look through the 2D barrier that are exams and school.
It is possible to succeed without the aid of qualifications, a lot of it is perception... many notable and highly wealthy people, are individuals who have dropped school at either school or University. And I never said that they were worthless full stop, I suggest you re-read what I said. All I am saying is, you don't have to agree with me but... living under tens of thousands or pounds of debt it limiting and adds a lot of parameters to your life choices. At the end of the day, life is what you make out of it, it's just up to you to be able to look through the 2D barrier that are exams and school.

bill gates for instance dropped out of Harvard university. not a level maths...
Original post by matthewdjones
bill gates for instance dropped out of Harvard university. not a level maths...

clearly, I wasn't clear enough for you... it doesn't really matter at which point you drop out of the education system, I am saying that if you can cut through the perception that a good grade=good life, then it is possible to succeed regardless of how well you did in your exams or not.
I think this went okay. But I dropped at least 4 marks on the last question, which was really stupid. Also, I missed the 0 and 180 solutions on the Phi trig questions. So I think I'm gonna get about 69/75. Hopefully UMS boundaries will be low but I have no idea.
Reply 97
clearly, I wasn't clear enough for you... it doesn't really matter at which point you drop out of the education system, I am saying that if you can cut through the perception that a good grade=good life, then it is possible to succeed regardless of how well you did in your exams or not.

But then what's the point in trying in exams? Shouldn't everyone just not bother to do exams?
Reply 98

I think everyone knows what you mean, but probabilities of success are bound to increase with grades etc. not that you wont succeed if you don't have them.
Reply 99
Can we have a proper markscheme like the one for c1? Instead of a debate about education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending