The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pra99
It was 22.5. 45 divided by 2

Ahh right ok :frown: Why was that?!
Original post by sofiaslifeisover
What was the reason for ditching the plumb pudding model for the 2 mark?
I put because their results were not supported by the plumb pudding model so they had to modify the model to support the results they obtained.

I said that some of them past straight through the foil which suggested the atoms were almost empty space which contradicts the theory and that more than expected number of particles deflected at more than 4 degrees so this suggested that the nucleus of an atom had a large mass and a very large positive charge but I don't know what to they were looking for.
Original post by hannah4475
I got 17 for speed - just did 170/10 ?! Was that completely wrong?

Not sure - I got 22 but only after spending 10 minutes calculating different speeds. The problem was it said maximum speed so you actually had to find it.... In the end I just gave up and worked out the speed at the straight bit of the graph, it kinda looked like it had the steepest gradient so :tongue:
What did people get on the P3 question about what happens to the wire in the low frequency alternating current and why?
Original post by Olmeister
Have you done a P2 mark scheme yet?

I can do the P2 unofficial mark scheme on Friday
Original post by maxjackson5
I said velocity increased because the upthrust force was greater than the force of weight and air resistance.

I said velocity increases as the engine force would have to increase in order to balance the resistive forces. (but honestly idk tbh :tongue:)
Original post by 11Jason11
Yes, cause as you can clearly see what happened in water. Also the space to do refraction was very small- should've given you a hint it wasn't that. I put partially reflected, whilst some people put it went along the boundary.

K that sounds a bit rude.
Original post by EricAteYou
18 number of coils...

Oh yeah I got that. Meant the one before that though sorry mate
Original post by Rachel4x
What did people get on the P3 question about what happens to the wire in the low frequency alternating current and why?

It would vibrate ( I think ), due to the magnetic poles and the motor effect.

I said it moves up and down because the magnetic field keeps changing direction.
For the 2 marker on ruthersford and marsden I put:

If the 'plum pudding' had a positive charge, then all the alpha particles would have of repels due to the fact like charges repel
what would I get

i put it will move up and down
as the current is changing direction

I got it going up and down which I think is wrong :frown:
Reply 1113
Original post by JezDayy
I think the people talking about the labelling eye question may have done PH3HP paper, while people who DID NOT get the question did FAS3HP paper (who sat core last year).
I don't remember any labelling questions and I did FAS3HP.

ahh thanks for posting this, was stressing slightly that I'd missed one out!!
Original post by MeiMei15401
I said it moves up and down because the magnetic field keeps changing direction.

Would you think vibrating would have been OK to say?
On one of the questions in P2 did we have to use the final equation on the equation sheet? The one in bold?

I think it move up and down as the current moves back and forth. It is reversing lemmings left hand rule, i think?
What is this question can u descibe it coz I don't remember?:colondollar:
Original post by maxjackson5
So many people put 17, and yeah looks like it's wrong:L
Original post by Smingle
I think it move up and down as the current moves back and forth. It is reversing lemmings left hand rule, i think?

I assumed motor effect?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
guys how did you find the p2 paper? I found it was ok , but harder than last years in which an A* was 44/60. Grade boundary predictions for p2 and overall sentiment guys?

I found this years Unit 2 and 3 papers a lot easier than last years. Did P2 this morning and had got 26/60. Do you know what grade that was btw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending