The Student Room Group

P1 edexcel exam 20th may 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lastminuterush
I did the same, I didn't realise there were points on the graph

Same here, nearly ran out of time :hmpf:

Original post by crazibara
I'm not sure, it did say refer to the points on the graph but you'll probably only lose 1 or 2 marks

Yeah I hope that's all I lose :colondollar:
what did everyone get for the analysis of the s-p wave graph (3 marker)??
What did everyone put as the multiple choice one about why is the core the hottest?
Original post by Dudeyoufugly

Was that the one about between what distances is it reliable or something like that? I thought that was really confusing but I put 40 to 100 because when you divided the distances by 8 below 40 m it was quite far out but I doubt that's right:s-smilie:
Was that the one about between what distances is it reliable or something like that? I thought that was really confusing but I put 40 to 100 because when you divided the distances by 8 below 40 m it was quite far out but I doubt that's right:s-smilie:

wth i just put 8 and 10 are reliable and for isnt.... :redface:

I just put 3-100 because that's where the graph started and stopped
I just put 3-100 because that's where the graph started and stopped

would you get marks for just stating some that are reliable and some that are not reliable??
Reply 47
would you get marks for just stating some that are reliable and some that are not reliable??

You might get 1 mark for that.

I put as the S-P time increases so the estimate becomes more reliable and then proved it giving examples
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by impogo
You might get 1 mark for that.

I put as the S-P time increases so the estimate becomes more reliable and then proved it giving examples

ughhh i flopped that exam big time :frown:
Reply 49
What did everyone put as the multiple choice one about why is the core the hottest?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I said the core radiates heat
Original post by Haskii
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I said the core radiates heat

Thinking about it I should have put that, I put it absorbs but I really didn't have a clue
Thinking about it I should have put that, I put it absorbs but I really didn't have a clue

I put absorbs but then I just got this feeling to change it so I changed it to radiates heat. I honestly have no idea what the answer was though
Reply 52
Original post by kirsty123456
I got a really big number as well :smile:

Me tooo
Reply 53
ughhh i flopped that exam big time :frown:

i spent sooooo much time on that question and then guessed in the end, i flopped that question as well
What did anyone get for the question that asked for how long it took for a wave to reach Earth? I got a really big number but it was in seconds so hopefully it will be okay...

I got like 1773121 or something similar lol
Definitely wrong tho :s-smilie:

I got C - the earth radiates heat.
Reply 56
what did you guys put for what (P-S) waves were
Reply 57
Does anyone remember the other six marker, apart from the one about the induced current?
Reply 58
Does anyone know what comes up in the foundation paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending