The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Having owned the blu ray set for about two years I finally started rewatching Madoka last night.

Never really paid attention to the OP/first two EDs the first time, really did set up the bait and switch huh?
New Identify the Anime thread~

I tried to leave out anything TOO easy, and (despite the temptation) TOO hard as well, so the rounds are marked 'normal' and 'harder'. :yes:
Erm hi, so what would you recommend to start with :redface:
Original post by somemightsay888

I would say Attack on Titan or Death Note, both are good gateway anime:smile:. Attack on Titan was the first one I saw.

Hello again. :p: Here's a few general series suggestions, but if none of them appeal, let us know what kinds of series/genres you're into and I'll try again. :smile:

Attack on Titan - One of the most popular series to come out recently, quite violent though.

Death Note - A classic series with intelligent characters.

Samurai Champloo - Plenty of action, comedy and style.

Lovely Complex - Brilliant romantic comedy.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - An old story in a Sci-Fi setting.
Original post by Red Fox
I would say Attack on Titan or Death Note, both are good gateway anime:smile:. Attack on Titan was the first one I saw.

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hello again. :p: Here's a few general series suggestions, but if none of them appeal, let us know what kinds of series/genres you're into and I'll try again. :smile:

Attack on Titan - One of the most popular series to come out recently, quite violent though.

Death Note - A classic series with intelligent characters.

Samurai Champloo - Plenty of action, comedy and style.

Lovely Complex - Brilliant romantic comedy.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - An old story in a Sci-Fi setting.

Thanks, I'll start tonight. Are there any horror series' too? :redface:
HAI!
I need a cool new anime to watch because all the ones I have been watching, I have caught up with and I HATE waiting weekly for things.

SO something to distract me for a while ;D

Plenty! Here's a few I'd recommend:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Shiki

Requiem from the Darkness

SoulTaker
Original post by geminemie
HAI!
I need a cool new anime to watch because all the ones I have been watching, I have caught up with and I HATE waiting weekly for things.

If you state a genre/other favourite anime then it's easier to recommend something:tongue:
HAI!

Are there any genres in particular you're interested in? Here's a few general recommendations either way:

Baccano!

Nichijou

Last Exile

Moyashimon

Chihayafuru

Thanks, I think I'll actually start with these then :biggrin:
Are there any genres in particular you're interested in? Here's a few general recommendations either way:

Baccano!

Nichijou

Last Exile

Moyashimon

Chihayafuru

I have watched (and really enjoyed)
Naruto, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Sword Art Online...

So basically fantasy type ones which are comical but can also be badass! :wink:

I haven't seen it, but I've heard that a series called Higurashi is a good horror anime. It does contain a lot of graphic violence though.http://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni

EDIT : Sorry, I just saw that AJ already recommended it to you.
(edited 8 years ago)
HAI!

What kind of anime are you into. Arslan Senki is good if you're into historical shounen, fantasy
I have watched (and really enjoyed)
Naruto, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Sword Art Online...

So basically fantasy type ones which are comical but can also be badass! :wink:

That helps a lot. :yes: In that case, I'd suggest:

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis

Hitsugi no Chaika

D.Gray-man

Letter Bee

Sidonia no Kishi

THANKS ^-^ I will get watching :biggrin:
Anyone here going to MCM this weekend? All the anime accounts I follow on twitter are teasing pictures of their stock, including Kill la Kill Part 3 (which I haven't seen yet). I'm hoping for some good announcements, they've already announced SAO 2 will be released on DVD & Bluray in August, I believe. Wish I could be there :frown:
I was bored so I decided to check out Pupa, after all it was only 12 4min episodes. And after watching it I can say it was pretty horrendous, very incoherent plot progression and made absolutely no sense most of the time lol. The ending also felt extremely out of place.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it unless I wanted to troll people who haven't heard of it :colone:
xx

I fancy a chat :pierre: . What's been going on in your life recently? :pierre:

Also, given more thought to the whole chat-thread-on-topic-thread business. I'll type out a response when I can be bothered :lol:

Original post by EdwardElric
Anyone here going to MCM this weekend? All the anime accounts I follow on twitter are teasing pictures of their stock, including Kill la Kill Part 3 (which I haven't seen yet). I'm hoping for some good announcements, they've already announced SAO 2 will be released on DVD & Bluray in August, I believe. Wish I could be there :frown:

:nah: . I have a presentation on Tuesday :grumble: . However, a handful of my friends are going, so no doubt I'll get the low-down next week :awesome:
Original post by Nirgilis
I fancy a chat :pierre: . What's been going on in your life recently? :pierre:

Also, given more thought to the whole chat-thread-on-topic-thread business. I'll type out a response when I can be bothered :lol:

Not a lot, really. Got roped into doing extra days of volunteering at Dolgellau Citizens Advice Bureau over the last couple of weeks, but in return I'm hoping to have all of next week off... will probably use the free time on anime, manga and gaming as per usual. The Identify the Anime thread has been the highlight of an otherwise forgettable week. :yawn: How about yourself?

As I said before, my only objection to one all-purpose thread is the possibility that on-topic posts will be buried by people talking about personality types (or other active off-topic discussions :p:). Though that's unlikely to happen often at the rate things are going now.

Latest