The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Smingle;56031261"]
Original post by EricAteYou

Low frequency would just mean that a more obvious movement would be seen. High frequency would result more of a vibration wouldn't it?

Yeah, I ended up basing my logic on that, but I thought I may have miss read something - it would just be less 'vibrates' per second ( per Hertz ),
Original post by Pra99
I said it stays the same because the direction doesn't change but I'm not sure

Same
Original post by sofiaslifeisover
What was the reason for ditching the plumb pudding model for the 2 mark?
I put because their results were not supported by the plumb pudding model so they had to modify the model to support the results they obtained.

i think you had to talk about the results of their experiments
Original post by maxjackson5
I said as angle INCREASES, the range DECREASES. I didn't put what you just said?

i put "angles with the same range add up to 90 degrees" ?? thats the only definite pattern i found
Enjoy being homeless, nobody could have predicted that... Trust AQA to make the 6 marker on a physics test a chemistry question *claps*
Just out of curiosity, what was the new experiment, explaining the structure of an atom?
Original post by Abbylouise7
Enjoy being homeless, nobody could have predicted that... Trust AQA to make the 6 marker on a physics test a chemistry question *claps*

I think AQA forgot that today was Physics. Surprisingly they put more chemistry on that paper, than in the chemistry paper
Original post by Conor1998
Mine weren't much better 😛

I put that if a lot of people sat on the top story then the centre of mass would be higher so it would fall easier...
You'd probably get 1 mark for that, coz what you said is true, but to an extent. The angle increases as the range decreases, but to an extent because when the angle went up to 60 and 70 degrees, the range decreased and was the same as having an angle of 20 and 30 degrees.
Original post by maxjackson5
I said as angle INCREASES, the range DECREASES. I didn't put what you just said?
Both of them actually went much much better than expected, I'm so glad :h:

Easiest 6 marker question I could've hoped for in P2 tbh, yeah it was kind of like a chemistry 6 marker but it was easy so who cares
Well that was easy...
Original post by Abbylouise7

Who cares if it was chemistry? It was the easiest 6 mark question of all time so why complain hahaha
Original post by amygracebroad
hi everyone, hope the exams went well! just wanted to share some of my p2 answers:
for the kinetic energy (and therefore also the gravitational potential energy afterwards) I got 3.6J, and for the height of the rocket I got 7.2 metres
for the maximum speed I got 22.5m/s
for the current shown on the graph I got 1.7A, for the charge I got 51 coulombs and for the energy transfered I got 612J
for the velocity of the cars after the collision I got 5m/s
for the resistor with the greatest resistance I put C because it had the least steep gradient so it allowed the least current to flow through
for the wires that prove length of wire affects resistance I put K and L because they were made from the same material, and K had half the resistance of L and was also half the length of L
for 'what is nuclear fission' I put that it is the splitting of complex and unstable atomic nuclei into simpler nuclei, releasing energy and two or three neutrons
for 'what is meant by braking distance' I put that it is the distance travelled by the veichle under the braking force
for the six mark question I put:
- highly concentrated but tiny positive charge in centre of atom called nucleus
- protons have a relative mass of 1 and a charge of +1
- neutrons have a relative mass of 1 and a charge of 0
- both subatomic particles make up the nucleus
- most of the atom is empty space
- electrons are arranged in shells around the nucleus
- electrons have a mass of 1/1840 and a charge of -1
- an atom has an equal number of protons and electrons as there is no overal charge
that's pretty much all I can remember tbh, think it went alright!

i got all of the same answers except i put 17 which is wrong! :smile:
Original post by maddie_01
I put that if a lot of people sat on the top story then the centre of mass would be higher so it would fall easier...

I did that!
ikr. this year's exams are so ridiculously easy that im afraid how high the grade boundaries are gonna be.
Original post by jamestg
Well that was easy...
Reply 1155
Original post by 11Jason11
There was a question where it was like "What effect does this experiment show?"
Am I the only person who put, The Motor Effect?

I put that!!
Original post by 11Jason11
Feel free to share any suggestions on what could possiblly be on the exam, or any questions you have :smile:

AQA Physics P2 & P3 ---Wednesday 20th May 2015

What is meant by momentum is conserved? I put momentum is the same like constant, am i right?
For P2, what was the answer for the velocity-time graph?
Original post by Busraslf
What is meant by momentum is conserved? I put momentum is the same like constant, am i right?

The total momentum before the collision is equal to the total momentum after the collision
I didn't wanna start moving my hands in the exam as it would seem like I was a weirdo. So I did it secretly on the table aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending