The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway B Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amani Ziyat
I said you can't inherit good genes, it depends on your activity levels and diet :///

I wrote something along those lines... how about the 6 marker on the rate of blood flow during exersise... I thought it was quite simple
I said its possible that she inherited some improved cardiovascular efficiency in genes but environmental factors like practice are also important
anyone up for creating an unoffical mark scheme?
Original post by mariam625
I wrote something along those lines... how about the 6 marker on the rate of blood flow during exersise... I thought it was quite simple

I wrote about how parts of the body needed oxygen and this comes from the lungs, this was for aerobic respiration so all the blood goes to the lungs.... Idk I don't think I did that well
did anyone get 10% for the efficiency??

Yes!!🙌🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
As always, biology exam has too many application and 'suggest...' questions
Original post by The Panic Queen

Good!!
by the sound of it you did quite well...I'm actually quite suprised there was graph after graph after graph but luckily because lots of people found it quite hard the grade boundries would be lower than expected :h:
by the sound of it you did quite well...I'm actually quite suprised there was graph after graph after graph but luckily because lots of people found it quite hard the grade boundries would be lower than expected :h:

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for...
Original post by SolomonP

hahahaah.... yeah and an A* will be 1 mark which we gained from the last question which was the easiest:redface:
Original post by SolomonP

Yeah so from what I remember

Parts of the eye
Cornea-refracts light rays
Optic nerve-sends impulses to the brain
Iris-controls how much light enters they eye

Old peoples can't focus on near objects (something along those lines)

Ciliary muscles contract and suspensory ligaments slacken to focus on near objects however as you grow older these become weaker thus the reason why you cannot focus on near objects since the lens shape doesn't alter

What was the next question??

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people write for the ATP question???

Oh my god the graphs, urgh they killed me

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people write for the ATP question???

Atp is a molecule that stores energy from reaporation.This is released to the cells when they need it to perform their jobs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god the graphs, urgh they killed me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the application so hard to understand if there were no graphs we would have known that we absoloutely aced and wrecked the exam paper
Atp is a molecule that stores energy from respiration.This is released to the cells when they need it to perform their jobs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Atp is a molecule that stores energy from reaporation.This is released to the cells when they need it to perform their jobs

Posted from TSR Mobile

wohoo!!!! got that one right
I found the application so hard to understand if there were no graphs we would have known that we absoloutely aced and wrecked the exam paper

Trust me! Past papers seemed nothing compared to this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanksss
Trust me! Past papers seemed nothing compared to this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

someone agrees with me yes i know this as b far the hardest biology exam I have ever done but it's not as hard compared to futher maths....eeekkkk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending