The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by maddie_01
Was the effect the motor effect or electromagnetic induction?

motor effect i think
Original post by 11Jason11
Did anyone else do Business Studies Edexcel in the morning?

I did unit 2 financial records

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unofficial mark scheme someone? 😊😊
Original post by dins432
i put up at first then crossed it out and put down! even though loads of people put up i think down is right

I messed up the left hand rule. I did the first finger for the current for some strange reason and I got down
Down

I thought Flemming's Rule only applied to D.C?
Down

I put down as well. Its because positive was on the left but negative was on the right. But, in circuit diagrams, electricity flows from negative to positive right?
Reply 1206
p3.. what is the function of iris?
Original post by littleheron
I put down as well. Its because positive was on the left but negative was on the right. But, in circuit diagrams, electricity flows from negative to positive right?

yeah
the one about the filament bulb increasing temp I put
the metal positive ions vibrate more and have more frequent collisions with the free electrons causing an increase in temperature and resistance
what would that get?

also

For the 2 marker on ruthersford and marsden I put:
If the 'plum pudding' had a positive charge, then all the alpha particles would have of repels due to the fact like charges repel
What would that get you reckon?
Did anyone else do Business Studies Edexcel in the morning?

I did, don't think I did great
Original post by joer123
How many marks was the whole of question 6 on p2 worth?

11 mate
Original post by #JOSH45#
I did, don't think I did great

I did OCR:smile:

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.
Personally I thought it was pretty easy. Biology was the hardest, Chemistry was the easiest and this Physics was pretty easy too :smile:
Reply 1213
Original post by Haamoo7
I hate that question. From what I understand, an alternating current in the primary coil induces an alternationg p.d in the secondary coil, but in the question it was the other way around. So fricking confused. I thought that AQA made a typo in the exam paper at first. Probably got that question wrong

You are right you just needed to understand that a p.d across a complete circuit (i.e the primary coil) will always create a current.
Original post by Hasan Almosoy
11 mate

What was question 6 about?
Original post by Conor1998
I put down but the right answer is up. I made so many stupid mistakes like that

No it was down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chardevs
Like this for an unofficial mark scheme? Do you want me to make one now?

Yes for c2 and c3 if you can please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littleheron

i thought conventional current is from positive to negative though??
Original post by iMacJack
the one about the filament bulb increasing temp I put
the metal positive ions vibrate more and have more frequent collisions with the free electrons causing an increase in temperature and resistance
what would that get?

also

For the 2 marker on ruthersford and marsden I put:
If the 'plum pudding' had a positive charge, then all the alpha particles would have of repels due to the fact like charges repel
What would that get you reckon?

I pretty much wrote the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay. Didn't know that before the exam. I probably got 2/3 marks for that question
Original post by joeb1
You are right you just needed to understand that a p.d across a complete circuit (i.e the primary coil) will always create a current.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending