The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History 2015

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone have any contemporary quotes for the source questions? It's not a prerequisite, of course, but unfortunately only had a couple.
Hadn't a clue for the sources! Never properly revised NI and was just going by what was on front of me. Think I done better in the Sinn Fein essay but the Home Rule question looked horrendous
Yeah of course Northern Ireland! Lol possibly the worst source that could have ever come up
Original post by shannonquinn96
Yeah of course Northern Ireland! Lol possibly the worst source that could have ever come up

Worst part of it was I write more for the 15 marker than the 20 marker! lol I'm relying on the Unionism module last week to get me through
Haha I barely got the 20 marker started!! I'm genuinely distraught at that source question. Why does CCEA have to be so fecking awkward? Yeah I'm the same, only we did nationalism. Hoping the essay pulled me through too! Jeeze
I love CCEA
The examiners must be laughing their asses off right now, evil people ... Who could have ever predicted Northern Ireland sources.... Thank god for Sinn Fein essay since the home rule one looked awkward as hell
Grade boundaries are bound to plummet. Surely :-(
Original post by shannonquinn96
Grade boundaries are bound to plummet. Surely :-(

Hopefully they plummet! lol Did anyone notice an historian 'laffan' in the sources? Seen someone make a joke on twitter that the test was no 'laffan' matter and I don't know what they're on about which is worrying! haha
Reply 29
Original post by Danny__Kidoo
The examiners must be laughing their asses off right now, evil people ... Who could have ever predicted Northern Ireland sources.... Thank god for Sinn Fein essay since the home rule one looked awkward as hell

My school told us all to read over N.Ireland just in case and it came up...I'm actually so happy.
Reply 30
Original post by cmccann95
Hopefully they plummet! lol Did anyone notice an historian 'laffan' in the sources? Seen someone make a joke on twitter that the test was no 'laffan' matter and I don't know what they're on about which is worrying! haha

Laffan is a historian in my notes, perhaps the person used one of his quotes in the exam. :confused:
Reply 31
Guys, am I the only one who genuinely enjoyed that paper?
Original post by CescaD96

Yes, yes you are! lol It was probably not too bad if you had learned NI but even the phrasing of the essays were tricky, particularly Home Rule!
Laffan is a historian in my notes, perhaps the person used one of his quotes in the exam. :confused:

That was probably it! Thanks! Had me worrying there for a minute! lol

No, I thought NI was ideal for the source. Quite straight forward topic split into:
Economy
Social deprivation
Security
Education

Rise of Sinn Fein was obviously coming up, so it was a gift.
Reply 35
Yes, yes you are! lol It was probably not too bad if you had learned NI but even the phrasing of the essays were tricky, particularly Home Rule!

Oh my God, no, that Sinn Fein essay was a dream come true. We wanted the source to be Home Rule but N.I was alright.

That was probably it! Thanks! Had me worrying there for a minute! lol

:smile:
Reply 36
Original post by reflektor
No, I thought NI was ideal for the source. Quite straight forward topic split into:
Economy
Social deprivation
Security
Education

Rise of Sinn Fein was obviously coming up, so it was a gift.

Oh good, I'm not alone. :smile:
Oh my God, no, that Sinn Fein essay was a dream come true. We wanted the source to be Home Rule but N.I was alright.

Yea I did Sinn Fein and was happy enough with how it went! Got the sources finished but had little knowledge to back up points!
Reply 38
Yea I did Sinn Fein and was happy enough with how it went! Got the sources finished but had little knowledge to back up points!

If only it had been Home Rule though. That would have been amazing.
Did anyone actually do the home rule essay? Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending