The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rogdog
just looked at the rough mark scheme I'm pretty sure i lost around 9/10 marks do u think that could be an a?

yeah most likely
How many ums for 52 marks?
Original post by louisaerin

rougly 75
[QUOTE="ccfctom;56029383"]this adds up to 74, anyone know which question has 2 extra marks?[/QUOTEi think the Logs was out of 4 maybe?
Original post by Weeksy97
rougly 75

So if I only dropped 3 ish marks on c1 and did well in s1 could I get an A?
Original post by Chenice
Around 60 maybe?

Which is a shame considering I was getting almost full marks in past papers :/
But the last question I got confused on the stretch and done it all wrong :/

Same, also think I got around 60 (between 59 and 62) I hope the A boundary is below 69
Original post by Jmedi
It wanted the value of 256 not the correct value of area but the value of area given by their integral.

?? Their integral was between -5 and 3, which would include underneath the x axis? And also, the next question was 'Explain why your previous answer is not the same as the area bound by the curve and the x axis, which implies you had to work out the little bit under the x axis in the first bit?

Maybe I've got it wrong. But I think the first part wanted you to calculate the whole thing, including under the x axis, and the second part wanted to you to explain why that answer wasn't the same as the area between the curve and the x axis.
Reply 487

Going on last year's paper of A=56 I think this year's will be 56-58 for an A and B around 49-51 so 70-74 perhaps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DominoMatrix227
Same, also think I got around 60 (between 59 and 62) I hope the A boundary is below 69

I meant 59

you need 240 UMS to get an A at AS Level. C1 boundaries are usually really high, and you need around 64/65 for 80 UMS, C2 and S2 are lower, but if you average 80 UMS for each exam you'll get an A
Original post by nurav11
Yeh should have done that :/. I tried to insert N as a which is why it all went to hell but yeh, because the steps were right, just with completely the wrong numbers and idea, I think I may scrape a couple of marks there which would make the difference. Rest of straightforward so long as you checked well. What did you do for the last question? Answered it all in terms of degrees?

yeah ffs -_-. that's like -4

if you get an A in stats yeah
What would 65-68 be in ums?
Reply 493
Original post by Amyc98
The answer was 21.4 and then to use more/ narrower sections

Sorry😥😥😥
Anyone want to hazard a guess what 64 on C1 and 54 on C2 will come to as UMS and grade please?
Need to know how much I need to get on stats 😔
Thought it was such a difficult C2 paper :frown:
Reply 495
Original post by franzorb
?? Their integral was between -5 and 3, which would include underneath the x axis? And also, the next question was 'Explain why your previous answer is not the same as the area bound by the curve and the x axis, which implies you had to work out the little bit under the x axis in the first bit?

Maybe I've got it wrong. But I think the first part wanted you to calculate the whole thing, including under the x axis, and the second part wanted to you to explain why that answer wasn't the same as the area between the curve and the x axis.

It asked you to work out their integral, which was 256.

It then asked why this value is not correct for the value of the area between the x axis and the curve with the aid of a sketch. You had to say because it was because a small part of the curve was below the x axis, hence your integral value was smaller than the actual area.
Original post by franzorb

Nope. The first part wanted you to do it from 3 to -5, this doesn't take in to account the area under the x axis. The next question was explaining why the value is wrong.
Original post by Parallex
Nope. The first part wanted you to do it from 3 to -5, this doesn't take in to account the area under the x axis. The next question was explaining why the value is wrong.

wth the question asked you to work out the wrong are... clever, i worked out the right area thats why my answer is wrong ffs thnx ocr
Original post by Parallex

I think I get it now. Annoyingly, I've done virtually everything they've asked but in the wrong order, and will lose loads of marks for it.
Original post by Rubberduckiller
wth the question asked you to work out the wrong are... clever, i worked out the right area thats why my answer is wrong ffs thnx ocr

It might have 'allow exact value of area' in comments or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending