The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PawanAviator
i put 17m/s because i looked at the end. that is where the greatest increase was.

is this right cause everyone keeps saying different things
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=unit+of+charge

unit of charge is Coulombs(C)

Ohms is the unit of resistance
Original post by lewis99taylor
Woahhh chill dude, google it my friend and tell me the result :biggrin:

Charge is measured in coulombs, C
Resistance is measured in ohms.
Reply 1323
what did you say for what happens to the velocity when the rocket go into the air?
Original post by Matt1278
It went along the boundary because the angle of incidence was equal to the critical angle
Out of interest- how many marks was this question as I think I missed it out?
Original post by Positivedani
ALSO HELP as I am worrying!!
You know the question where you had the refraction from water to air (which I drew wrong), was that only 1 mark? Or was there an explain question where you had to explain your drawing?

I'm not sure that I remember a question about drawing a refracted ray involving air and water...
You know the question where you had the refraction from water to air (which I drew wrong), was that only 1 mark? Or was there an explain question where you had to explain your drawing?

You didn't have to draw anything on the water and air question. I'm fairly sure that was just a question to find the angle of refraction of the diagram.

The only question where you had to draw something was for where the critical angle was the same as the angle of incidence.
Original post by WhiteScythe
I'm not sure that I remember a question about drawing a refracted ray involving air and water...

It was total internal reflection or something i got it wrong so x

I think it was only drawing a diagram. Also for the power lens one, apparently the answer was 0.125
Original post by maxjackson5
I'm not wrong!! Charge is measured in m/s squared because it is the flow of electrons!! JESUS christ did u revise anything

Charge is measured in coulombs C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulomb
Original post by sunnyrays07
I think it was only drawing a diagram. Also for the power lens one, apparently the answer was 0.125

You were supposed to draw on the water question?

I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.
Also at the end of Unit 2 I have seen some posts which say that the graph was B. I believe C to be the correct answer.

It's definitely B, the velocity levels off cause it reached a terminal velocity
Reply 1333
What were the numbers for the momentum question ?
Original post by saahil0987
You were supposed to draw on the water question?

I'm not sure if it was water. But it was a material from a more dense to less dense substance and you were supposed to carry on the ray
CHARGE IS MEASURED IN COULOMB (C) not in ohms resistance is measured in ohms
Original post by saahil0987
It's definitely B, the velocity levels off cause it reached a terminal velocity

Didn't it asks what happens to the rocket AFTER the maximum velocity has been reached and it falls to the ground? That means A would be correct because both B and C showed an increase in velocity until a constant speed was reached, BUT they didn't go down to 0.
Mass is measured in kg
Original post by busraslf
charge is measured in coulomb (c) not in ohms resistance is measured in ohms
I'm not sure if it was water. But it was a material from a more dense to less dense substance and you were supposed to carry on the ray

The one I drew on was the air to glass and that was at the critical angle so it wouldn't carry through?
I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.

So did I! but apparently I read it wrong and you were supposed to take it away. Everyone else got 0.125 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending