The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheChosenOne1
yeah I meant the last question :smile:
i got something like that too.
there was also a question on efficiency of a power stations, the figures were in standard form. what did you get for that one?
i got something like 0.7% or 7%
pretty sure i was wrong though :frown:

0.7 is correct in pretty sure efficiency can never be above 1%
Original post by Firenze26
Yeah but last year's paper was pretty easy compared to this so the grade boundaries should be pretty low.... right?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

I agree so hopefully yes
Original post by TheLongGame
Yes! I kept going over thinking they havent given voltage? How I my meant to this? Then it hit me, the , maims voltage is 230.

I did the calculation with 240 .-.
I'm just confused on one of the last questions how a coal power station gives out more radiation than a nuclear power station??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't remember what the mains Voltage was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by kirstybecs
I'm just confused on one of the last questions how a coal power station gives out more radiation than a nuclear power station??

Posted from TSR Mobile

believe or not it actually does
Did anyone else talk about contamination and irradiation in the second to last question?
Original post by iamlucy
Did anyone else talk about contamination and irradiation in the second to last question?

I did.
Original post by StressedByDay
I did.

*High fives you*

*screams with joy*

*kisses you*

YAYAYAY
Original post by ShortStuff8
Well I got at least half of that wrong. This was the hardest paper! Did anyone else find it difficult to finish in the hour? I spent more time reading than answering which is stupid.
By end, I left 2 (no time) and half answered about 6!
:frown::frown: Horrid paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loads of people I my school messed up timing! It was awful haha I had no idea what to do on half of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did as well!
Original post by StressedByDay
I did.

Yep I did but what did you mention about the 'ash'?
Original post by zigocarn
Yep I did but what did you mention about the 'ash'?

I know you were't asking me - but I said contamination with radioactive matter + respiratory problems :smile:
Original post by Ajan123
I did as well!

*high fives*

*screams with joy*

*kisses you repeatedly*

YAYAYAYAYA
Damn I wanted a question on redshift/parralax/relative brightness.
I really struggled with timing for this exam-it was about 12 questions.
Does anyone else think that timing was an issue? I think OCR made this paper too long!😕
What is a grade A out of 180 ,120 marks?
Original post by iamlucy
I know you were't asking me - but I said contamination with radioactive matter + respiratory problems :smile:

I put that too :smile:
Original post by iamlucy

DAMN I forgot to mention contamination/irradiation:frown: I mentioned how regular radiation checks on workers and having to dispose of the waste costs etc will I get any marks?
Original post by iamlucy

i did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending