The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saahil0987
It's definitely B, the velocity levels off cause it reached a terminal velocity

No, the diagram was showing the rocket coming down. The rocket may eventually decelerate -however the speed is increasing up until the point when it reaches the terminal velocity which it wouldn't reach at a height of 7.2 metres I hasten to add.
Reply 1341
Original post by lewis99taylor
I always remembered it by when you are spiritually charged you make an 'ohm' sound so i think its right

no ohms is resistance
Original post by nathanmcg
Noooo, in a distance time graph the gradient represents the speed, you had to work out the gradient of the steepest part of the line to find out the maximum speed not the whole line. So its how much it goes up over how much is goes across. I got 45/2 = 22.5m/s

But it said use an equation from the equation sheet, so if you do speed = distance / time you get 17.
Original post by littleheron
Didn't it asks what happens to the rocket AFTER the maximum velocity has been reached and it falls to the ground? That means A would be correct because both B and C showed an increase in velocity until a constant speed was reached, BUT they didn't go down to 0.

Idk I thought it was how it go to terminal oh well find out on results day xD
Original post by rumana101
is this right cause everyone keeps saying different things

trust me ,its right. its increases in distance quickly after a few seconds. Its should be right. Either way it can be found by using the gradient , but i looked on the graph for the time and saw when it met the distance. Since i know : speed = distance / time

For example :

if the distance was 60m and the time was 6 seconds , then the speed will be 10m/s
its the same as finding the gradient because : ( 70 - 30 ) / ( 7 - 30 ) = 10 m/s

no difference at all , because of the proportionality. It needs to be linear though. (constant)

i think people are getting 22.5 because they didnt realise the graph was non-linear (not constant.)

I got an A* in maths , so It should be right.
(edited 8 years ago)
The one I drew on was the air to glass and that was at the critical angle so it wouldn't carry through?

Yeah, I'm so sorry. I'm confused :/ were you talking about this question? And did you get the angle of refraction as bigger?
Reply 1346
Original post by gastly
Hi, I didn't round any of my answers for the equations (I just left them as long decimals) will I still get all the marks?

??
Original post by sunnyrays07
So did I! but apparently I read it wrong and you were supposed to take it away. Everyone else got 0.125 :frown:

No '1/2' is correct -I checked it thoroughly and there is no subtraction involved in the question so I'm not sure where these people are coming from.
Did any1 get 4 metres for th 'how high can the roket go' qestion?
Original post by PawanAviator
trust me ,its right. its increases in distance quickly after a few seconds. Its should be right. Either way it can be found by using the gradient , but i looked on the graph for the time and saw when it met the distance. Since i know : speed = distance / time

For example :

if the distance was 60m and the time was 6 seconds , then the speed will be 10m/s
its the same as finding the gradient because : ( 70 - 30 ) / ( 7 - 30 ) = 10 m/s

no difference at all.

I got an A* in maths , so It should be right.

yay, good:biggrin:
Original post by WhiteScythe
I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.

I got 0.4 cause I presumed you needed to take away the initial focal length from the current length of 0.5 to get the maximum change it was asking for. But I think I just over-did the question :frown:
Original post by joshkennedy
Did any1 get 4 metres for th 'how high can the roket go' qestion?

No that's wrong matey, it's 7.2
Reply 1352
Original post by littleheron
Didn't it asks what happens to the rocket AFTER the maximum velocity has been reached and it falls to the ground? That means A would be correct because both B and C showed an increase in velocity until a constant speed was reached, BUT they didn't go down to 0.

It asked what happens after the maximum velocity going upwards (not worded exactly like that) which is basically the parachutist falling (just without a parachute) so it will reach a terminal velocity
i remember this question didn't say use an equation from the equation sheet, and i also got 22.5
does anyone have a copy of the paper, I'm sure someone posted the b2 and c2 paper on one of the threads
Original post by M.P.C
what did you say for what happens to the velocity when the rocket go into the air?

I put decrease but idk XD
Original post by AvKar
It asked what happens after the maximum velocity going upwards (not worded exactly like that) which is basically the parachutist falling (just without a parachute) so it will reach a terminal velocity

It asked when it started falling from it's max height
Original post by AvKar

I'm fairly sure it mentioned until it falls, so it must have fell to 0. Oh well, its only a mark.
Original post by WhiteScythe
I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.

i got 1/2 as well. it makes sense.
Can we stop feeding this deluded troll please guys, if he really wanted he could google the unit of charge and find that he got it wrong and need I remind you an A* in the mock isn't an A* in the exams, in addition you aren't the only one I've got A*s in the mocks for all 3 units so please stop

Okay my bad i have googled it and i got it wrong. Thats one thing i got wrong so dont call me a 'deluded troll'. And no its not an A* in the actual thing however i did loads of revision and i am confident of my answers so i am almost guaranteed an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending