The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Sherriff08
Yeah, what about p3

p3 was compare the medical uses of ultrasound and xrays - you did the exam right??
Original post by GabrielleJoyxx
This exam couldn't have gotten any worse. I literally was not prepared for any of those questions which appeared on the paper. I worked through radioactivity/radiation, parallel circuits, and mains electricity, and none of that came up. And then AQA asked us a chemistry question?! I mean I know people who are good at chemistry, would be pleased with that straight forward, six mark question- but when you're not some expert in chemistry, it's kind of a downer.. What did everybody else think?

I thought the 6 marker was a miracle for p2 and atomic structure has a lot to do with physics so I wouldn't call it a "chemistry question" but it did overlap with chemistry. Some of the questions were actually really nice. Just think how much worse it could have been without the little 1 mark questions to boost your grade like where does fusion naturally occur and stuff AQA wan't as cruel as they could have been. It was P3 I found hard :frown:
Reply 322
Original post by Nelson Barnaby
Personally, I found Unit 2 VERY easy. Unit 3 was a fair amount trickier Imo.

I got 9 for the half life question. You halve 40 twice to get to 10, so you should halve 36 twice to get the half-life :wink:

That's good, I'm glad you found Unit 2 easy. I sat all of my Unit 2's last year and got an A in all of them but I found the tests difficult...good job I had a whole year to revise just Unit 2 science! I thought Unit 3 was alright, it was easier than past papers but held its challenges. I'm really hoping for an A in this as I don't think I did too well in Chemistry and I want an A in Further Additional Science. :smile:
Reply 323
Original post by joelbo1
What did people put for one of the first questions in p2- you had to pick which line on the graph had the greatest resistance?

steepest one :smile:
Reply 324
Does anyone have any ideas for grade boundaries for A*-C in P3?
I drew a variable resistor not a resistor- will it still count? :frown:
Original post by Sherriff08
Can anyone remember the wording of the 6markers (higher tier)

P3- compare ultrasound and x-Rays for medical uses. You should discuss the risks, if any, and the precautions, if any, for both.

Something like that
Original post by joelbo1
What did people put for one of the first questions in p2- you had to pick which line on the graph had the greatest resistance?

I put C which was the lowest line. I put C because the Steeper the line means the lower the resistance.
Original post by AmyRevises
I drew a variable resistor not a resistor- will it still count? :frown:

Don't think so because they are two different components.
Original post by joelbo1

I put c for the first question
Original post by TheProKi
Don't think so because they are two different components.

yeah :frown: oh well
Original post by TheProKi
I put C which was the lowest line. I put C because the Steeper the line means the lower the resistance.

Yeah, I put this and checked my revision guide and it's right :smile:
I rather stupidly drew a circle around my resistor, would that still get me the mark?
Original post by The Nail
I rather stupidly drew a circle around my resistor, would that still get me the mark?

I don't think so because that's like another symbol
Original post by The Nail

Um, if there's a resistor in there and nothing else apart from the circle around it, ye it may get u the mark.
what did people get for the movement of the wire in p3 (upwards or downwards)?
That is exactly what I said.
Do you by any chance remember what the labels on the axis were ?
I said Upwards.
What did people put for the half life?? I think I got 12 because from 80 I halved it 3 times to get to 10g, and then I diveded 36 by 3 and got 12 years?
Original post by mogligob
what did people get for the movement of the wire in p3 (upwards or downwards)?

I put upwards

Quick Reply

Latest