The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr1807

Everyone is talking about how they got 3.6 but in all honestly if you got 0.3 for the gravitational potential energy and 0.6m for the height you should get full marks for the correct working out despite getting the wrong kinetic evergy right?
I tried to put my ruler against the distance time graph it wasn't actually a straight line- it was slightly curved and so not linear- so I put 17m/s but I think that this might be wrong?
Original post by maxjackson5
16 london male, u??

Geezers this isnt a dating site. Is this how desperate you are? lonely boys
Reply 1423
Original post by Decklan
Doesn't wire A have the greatest resistance because it had the highest voltage, I always had the thought of increasing the voltage would increase the resistance?

On an IV graph the steeper the line, the smaller the resistance and C has the shallowest line so it would have had the greatest resistance- they all had the same potential difference/voltage
Also, it was 170/10 just saying.
Can someone please make an unofficial mark scheme?

(preferably someone who knows physics?)

the roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet (Aristotle)
Original post by Muaaz98
I don't think a single student out of the 100,000+ that sat it would have bet it was on an atom LOL

my teacher just decided not to do that coz its ****ing chemistry...
Original post by WhiteScythe
I'm sorry Neil 0.5 is the right answer, if I can't persuade you otherwise then I apologise but try not to be obstinate and deny it because you got a different answer.

I probably am wrong, but you could always help without using sarcastic '...' and saying 'that's the point', it's rude and unnecessary.

And again you don't know that's the answer, so unless you can actually explain it properly without being sarcastic, I'm all ears.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by littleheron
They all had the same voltage (at the end). But they had different values of current.

Oh well there goes two marks?
Original post by PawanAviator
sorry man , that was rude of me. (no sarcasm)
Its cool man , i made mistakes too. i'll be honest i am not perfect in maths.

cool, i know i prob made a ton of mistakes on the paper, but we are all human and that is our nature. lets leave it at that :smile: peace
Original post by epicdwarf100
Matt, no need to use that tone, and I'm afraid to say you're incorrect. Charge is measured in ohms.

No it isnt omg. Resistance is ohms.
Original post by isabellagrace
Yeah okay I don't want to argue, sorry

Poor comeback, admit that i won.
THIS IS WHY EVERYONE GOT 17M/S and this is why its wrong
170/10 ----------> 17m/s
You cannot do this because the line is not directly proportional on the whole line, it needs to be a straight line to take the gradient, you can't just take the whole line and work out the gradient and therefore the speed if its not a straight line as different parts have different speeds.

You have to take a section of the line from the steepest part. As this was straight you could work out the gradient.
The difference was from 125 to 170 over 2 seconds

SO 45/2----------> 22.5m/s
Original post by Olivia197
I tried to put my ruler against the distance time graph it wasn't actually a straight line- it was slightly curved and so not linear- so I put 17m/s but I think that this might be wrong?

Hi olivia, I also put 17m/s... we're so alike! Can I have your number maybe?
Original post by james1221212
why are you doing170/10 that is not the gradient you a* student.

it is the CHANGE y divided by the CHANGE in x

deliberately 8 seconds was made to have 125m and 10 seconds 170 and the gradient is steepest and is a straight line so your genius a* would tell you that is 22.5.

still tells you the speed

speed = gradient ( distance-time graphs)
What did people get for the half- life question in P2?
Original post by tsr1807

lmao , your not the only one
Original post by neil20143
I wrote C because an increase in resistance meant less current will go through it I don't know :frown:

Yes C as a V=I x R so to achieve the same voltage with a LOWER current youd need a hugher resistanxe x
Original post by maxjackson5
I'm not wrong!! Charge is measured in m/s squared because it is the flow of electrons!! JESUS christ did u revise anything

in EVERY textbook it says charge is measured in COULOMBS
JESUS christ did U revise anything
Original post by tsremil
THIS IS WHY EVERYONE GOT 17M/S and this is why its wrong
170/10 ----------> 17m/s
You cannot do this because the line is not directly proportional on the whole line, it needs to be a straight line to take the gradient, you can't just take the whole line and work out the gradient and therefore the speed if its not a straight line as different parts have different speeds.

You have to take a section of the line from the steepest part. As this was straight you could work out the gradient.
The difference was from 125 to 170 over 2 seconds

SO 45/2----------> 22.5m/s

are you sure? i think you must be th eonly person who got that answer...

btw who has OCR maths tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending