The Student Room Group

Wjec as biology by1 - 12 marker predictions?

Scroll to see replies

I haven't had a chance to go over BY1 recently so cramming from now until tomorrow.
I don't think unit 1 is that bad anyway, it's HB2 I'm worried about
Original post by FluorescentM
I haven't had a chance to go over BY1 recently so cramming from now until tomorrow.
I don't think unit 1 is that bad anyway, it's HB2 I'm worried about

I agree, HB2 is absolutely horrific. I can't even put it into words. So hard to find any sources that we can use that are relative to Human Biology. And if there are any, they're always extremely unreliable.

I wish my college did AQA sciences.
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
I agree, HB2 is absolutely horrific. I can't even put it into words. So hard to find any sources that we can use that are relative to Human Biology. And if there are any, they're always extremely unreliable.

I wish my college did AQA sciences.

Same any board besides WJEC and I don't know why we do a welsh board my school isn't even in Wales!

The revision guide is good for HB2, it's AS biology one that covers BY1 and HB2.
Original post by katemate98
WJEC is an awful exam board in my opinion, the mark scheme is incredibly narrow and unfair so you wouldn't get credit for additional answers. I don't know why my college does WJEC, we're not even in Wales...

same here! couldn't agree more!
Just to let you guys know my biology teacher told me that wjec doesn't publish their actual markschemes, they only publish the rough ones, but on the actual markschemes they are alot more generous. Still hate the exam board though..
Original post by Kichelle
Just to let you guys know my biology teacher told me that wjec doesn't publish their actual markschemes, they only publish the rough ones, but on the actual markschemes they are alot more generous. Still hate the exam board though..

Yeah I emailed them as I had a query, this is what they said:

"
I can assure you that all our examiners are all very experienced A level biology teachers and if an answer was seen on a candidates script that had not been discussed in the examiners conference they would raise it with the Principal examiner as to whether the answer given correctly answered the question asked. I should also emphasise that when the questions are developed the team try to ensure that they are specific so that they should not elicit a wide range of correct responses. However, as you correctly point out sometimes a candidate gives a scientifically correct response which does answer the question but has not been considered previously, in this case the scenario described above would apply. Good luck, I hope the exams go well for you. Best Wishes,
"

The examiners have a meeting and doodle down all the possible answers that are not covered by the mark scheme. All we get is the original, non-amended mark scheme.
How's everyone's revision going?
How's everyone's revision going?

Pretty amazing, ready to ace it tomorrow :smile: we can do this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supergirlxxxxxx
Pretty amazing, ready to ace it tomorrow :smile: we can do this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good! Aha wish I had your optimism :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by katemate98
WJEC is an awful exam board in my opinion, the mark scheme is incredibly narrow and unfair so you wouldn't get credit for additional answers. I don't know why my college does WJEC, we're not even in Wales...

I agree wjec is bad, but thank god we are not doing AQA, ask anyone who is doing AQA about biology!!!
Reply 50
This is a very good channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yOqKblASJzqMZfRL0DbYA its very similar to wjec, and it covers most of BY1 and some of BY2, but there is some staff missing like the cell structure ect.. take care guys i'm going to go all out on this exam
Reply 51
also guys one last tip make you sure you look over the diagrams in the wjec black as textbook, as most of the diagrams they use in the exam paper they take it from the textbook! Why? because they guy gets paid when they use his diagrams!
Original post by sam2222
I agree wjec is bad, but thank god we are not doing AQA, ask anyone who is doing AQA about biology!!!

What's wrong with AQA bio? My boyfriend says it's the easiest thing ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good! Aha wish I had your optimism :smile:

Lol well I ended up crying over not being able to do unit 1, but someone awesome showed me that determinism can get you far :smile: hence I know can do this, will do this and can't wait for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your the easiest thing ever # pulled

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Your the easiest thing ever # pulled

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOL omg get off my bio thread, go learn your baby AQA syllabus

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOOOL omg get off my bio thread, go learn your baby AQA syllabus

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can drop like 15 marks and get full ums I can't drop any who's doing the baby syllabus again#parred

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
You can drop like 15 marks and get full ums I can't drop any who's doing the baby syllabus again#parred

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cause my exam board is harder cause the mark scheme is more picky. Your questions are baby styled! Hence higher grade boundaries silly #GrandParred

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58

Posted from TSR Mobile

the exam paper is mostly apply questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending