The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Maths C2 May 20th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrimeLime
Just realised I lost 3 marks. Screwed up the third part of question 2. :mad:

What was the answer? And what did you put?
Did you ask the twitter owner for the mark scheme?

no he tweeted it and i had made an account for the website from the C1 scheme
Just realised I lost 3 marks. Screwed up the third part of question 2. :mad:

so did I shah. you only had one solution right? so did i but then i remembered at the very end that id done it wrong and that 0 and 180 were also solutions so i just jotted them down with a limited method (i basically just said i did this wrong and there are two other solutions and showed they both equalled zero). a haha do you think i will lose 1, 2 or 3 marks out of 4?
http://t.co/VSn6QQdBdY this is where you need to be but with an account
Original post by Mr rump
What was the answer? And what did you put?

It was to do with tan and cos and I multiplied through by cos to get sin and sincos and then factored out the sin. There was a 4 and a 7 there somewhere but I made an absolutely idiotic mistake that immediately docks me 3 marks.
Original post by matthewdjones
so did I shah. you only had one solution right? so did i but then i remembered at the very end that id done it wrong and that 0 and 180 were also solutions so i just jotted them down with a limited method (i basically just said i did this wrong and there are two other solutions and showed they both equalled zero). a haha do you think i will lose 1, 2 or 3 marks out of 4?

Hang on what? 0 and 180 WERE solutions??? What was the question again?? Maybe I got it right???????
If my answer was right then you probably got all the marks for that as well!
It was to do with tan and cos and I multiplied through by cos to get sin and sincos and then factored out the sin. There was a 4 and a 7 there somewhere but I made an absolutely idiotic mistake that immediately docks me 3 marks.

Oh no :frown: I had sin phi=0 and cos phi= -4/7 was that right?
Original post by Mr rump
Oh no :frown: I had sin phi=0 and cos phi= -4/7 was that right?

Wait, yes! Maybe I just remembered the question wrong. :smile:
Original post by VeepFan
http://t.co/VSn6QQdBdY this is where you need to be but with an account

If you click on the actual paper and open it then copy the link I won't need an account, someone did this for me last time for c1
Wait, yes! Maybe I just remembered the question wrong. :smile:

Happy days
Original post by Mr rump
Happy days

What was this idiotic mistake then?
Original post by Mr rump
If you click on the actual paper and open it then copy the link I won't need an account, someone did this for me last time for c1

yes that's because I downloaded from the website and then uploaded it to Google Drive and posted a link to there
Original post by wellwhatcanisay
yes that's because I downloaded from the website and then uploaded it to Google Drive and posted a link to there

Can you do it again please? :smile:
Hang on what? 0 and 180 WERE solutions??? What was the question again?? Maybe I got it right???????
If my answer was right then you probably got all the marks for that as well!

yes. 0, 124.5 and 180. if you didnt factorise you'd only get 124.5 (which is what i did). i put the three answers down but only the method for 124.5 ahha.
*thread goes silent as everybody checks their results*
Repped :smile:

thanks!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending