The Student Room Group

As applied ict - june 2015 - unit 3 - truckles scenario

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattBurd
Its pretty much filling out the Exam Board's pre release workbook. Theres no extra unseen spreadsheet pages. Just practice with filling in the data on the prices worksheet :smile:

oh thats alright i know all the formulas and stiuff was there anything really tricky about the formulas?

and how about activity 4 and 5 evaluation and report what was that about?

sorry for asking so many questions i just dont want to mess up :frown: i got a bio exam tomorrow aswell!
Its pretty much filling out the Exam Board's pre release workbook. Theres no extra unseen spreadsheet pages. Just practice with filling in the data on the prices worksheet :smile:

Any suprises; or if we know all the formulas and functions will we be ok?
Also how many marks is it to get profit etc
Original post by Sehbaan Ali
oh thats alright i know all the formulas and stiuff was there anything really tricky about the formulas?

and how about activity 4 and 5 evaluation and report what was that about?

sorry for asking so many questions i just dont want to mess up :frown: i got a bio exam tomorrow aswell!

The report is based on how you did in the exam and the scenario so nothing i give you about it will help.
Formulas you should know are the working out cost of electricity and selecting data from other sheets. As this exam is still ongoing I cannot give out details about the exam in order to comply with exam board rules :smile:
The report is based on how you did in the exam and the scenario so nothing i give you about it will help.
Formulas you should know are the working out cost of electricity and selecting data from other sheets. As this exam is still ongoing I cannot give out details about the exam in order to comply with exam board rules :smile:

Sorry; you said you struggled with the exam.
If you don't mind me asking .
Why was it?

Lack of preparation or was the exam more difficult than expected ?

lol alright i thought i could do a hceeky one there and get a couple of questions out of you :biggrin: i pretty much know my stuff anyways so hopefully it`ll be okay

haha hope you did well for your exam anyways!
Original post by toki112001
Sorry; you said you struggled with the exam.
If you don't mind me asking .
Why was it?

Lack of preparation or was the exam more difficult than expected ?

Most of it was probably lack of preparation using the model and learning my way around the model. I was fine with formulas and stuff it was just working out the price of the filters and heater costs of electricity. Because each of the sheets are linked to other sheets, if you mess one cell or sheet up, it affects the rest of the exam...
kept giving me #!value instead of a number for some reason...
But im sure youll do fine.
This was a resit for me and i had to attend extra classes with the other groups outside of my lesson time, when most of my lessons were going which means i missed out quite a few.
Most of it was probably lack of preparation using the model and learning my way around the model. I was fine with formulas and stuff it was just working out the price of the filters and heater costs of electricity. Because each of the sheets are linked to other sheets, if you mess one cell or sheet up, it affects the rest of the exam...
kept giving me #!value instead of a number for some reason...
But im sure youll do fine.
This was a resit for me and i had to attend extra classes with the other groups outside of my lesson time, when most of my lessons were going which means i missed out quite a few.

Oh ok. Thanks for your reply.
Without breaking any exam rules ; any last minute tips ? If I prepared well we should be ok right.

Plus for electricity working out we have a working one. Did you not manage to have a working electricity formula before u went to the exam?
Oh ok. Thanks for your reply.
Without breaking any exam rules ; any last minute tips ? If I prepared well we should be ok right.

Plus for electricity working out we have a working one. Did you not manage to have a working electricity formula before u went to the exam?

its quite a long one you need to convert watts to kilowatts and something like
=(((F19/1000)*24*7*4)*F21)*B20
(This is from the prerelease students should have recieved before the exam)

But dont take my word for it - this is what i used in the model BEFORE the exam but i think its the same.
If you do have the prerelease material, keep working your way around it
its quite a long one you need to convert watts to kilowatts and something like
=(((F19/1000)*24*7*4)*F21)*B20
(This is from the prerelease students should have recieved before the exam)

But dont take my word for it - this is what i used in the model BEFORE the exam but i think its the same.
If you do have the prerelease material, keep working your way around it

Thanks for that; similar but different order of formulas
(B20/1000)*(f19*f21)*24*28 (not included cell reference )
Yeah thats OK the 28 refers to the 4 week periods I believe with 24 relating to hours and dividing by 1000 to turn kW into w. Shame I forgot this in the exam XD
Yeah thats OK the 28 refers to the 4 week periods I believe with 24 relating to hours and dividing by 1000 to turn kW into w. Shame I forgot this in the exam XD

I've hopefully prepared for all the sheets and for the selling tank have learnt Int / rounddown / mod ways;

And get close to getting a profit .

Are there any other tips you can give me or advise mate.?
I've hopefully prepared for all the sheets and for the selling tank have learnt Int / rounddown / mod ways;

And get close to getting a profit .

Are there any other tips you can give me or advise mate.?

what formula do you have in your selling tank?

i've got :- =IF('Stock Tank (Post1)'!C12/6>1,ROUNDDOWN('Stock Tank (Post1)'!C12/6,0)*6,0)
fuckles.png Any tips for someone just about to the exam, all my course work was well into the A grades so I shouldn't need much to get an overall A, right?
what was activity one about
How come people were chatting that there was a vlookup and an activity 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Aren't the number of filters and heaters just given to you? As they are pink in the sheet. So it should calculate by itself .

Also ; why were you getting values; did you do the formulas wrong ; did your teacher not prepare you properly ??

You know I came out of my exam today and my formulas were also messed. I think I am screwed for this exam I am never going to pass it was seriously that hard! I also had the same problem when I remembered the formulas it would come out wrong and write value instead. Guys be warned if u haven't yet done the exam u are gunna struggle believe me it was really that hard. :frown:
What % is the exam worth in regards to the overall AS?
It's 100 UMS so it is 1/3 of the whole thing.
Basically if u got an A for coursework so roughly around 80-90 UMS for both U1 and U2, you need 240UMS altogether to get an A.
This means 240-(85+85)=70
So around 70UMS which is about 40-60 marks depending on the boundaries of the mark scheme this year.
Reply 398
Original post by kristian samuel
mate, can you please say what came up on the exam? You would want someone to tell you! Please mate

activity 1 13 key points
activity 2 data inputting, and round down formulas.
Activity 3 screenshots/annotations
activity 4 report

there u go pal:smile:
Reply 399
Original post by Sehbaan Ali
are you guys ready for the theory part so activities 4 and 5 the evaluation and report

Theres no 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending