The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Lol. That is the opposite of what my teacher said today when handing back our mocks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally don't agree with that either. So I went to ask my other teacher who is amazing at History and she said you can do that and it would be good but don't do it in every paragraph - like maybe twice.
Reply 861
Original post by Tow
I personally don't agree with that either. So I went to ask my other teacher who is amazing at History and she said you can do that and it would be good but don't do it in every paragraph - like maybe twice.

Yeah of course - not too often or you can never introduce new content. Glad to have cleared it up.

What areas are you personally predicting will appear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah of course - not too often or you can never introduce new content. Glad to have cleared it up.

What areas are you personally predicting will appear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the specification doesn't really suggest that they could ask a question about the 1918 revolution - but that's just me from what I read. I don't think it will come up.

Nazi consolidation and another question that will probably be somewhat difficult.
Reply 863
I asked my teacher whether morale of WW2 could come up on its own and he said it could, although I don't really see it? I can only really see it as a paragraph in efficiency/opposition question...
Reply 864
Original post by Tow
Well the specification doesn't really suggest that they could ask a question about the 1918 revolution - but that's just me from what I read. I don't think it will come up.

Nazi consolidation and another question that will probably be somewhat difficult.

What does the specification say on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Original post by cuppa
I asked my teacher whether morale of WW2 could come up on its own and he said it could, although I don't really see it? I can only really see it as a paragraph in efficiency/opposition question...

Yeah I seems too narrow on its own. Not sure how I could do it without talking of the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tow
Let's all pray we get the grades we want :smile:

What are you aiming for??

I just need a B :smile: what about you? x
Can someone please help me with these questions?

To what extent did economic developments in Germany in the period 1900-1914 pose a threat to the power of the elites?

The Second Reich was characterised by fundamental economic and political divisions by the German elites in the period 1900-1914?

Thanks x
Original post by CD223
Got 65/70 in my recent mock :biggrin: 30 on part A (Nazi consolidation) and 35 on part B (nature of Schlieffen plan causing WW1) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats brilliant!! :smile: Now please can you tell me your tips?? For the part A question x
Reply 869
Original post by Bunny2014
Can someone please help me with these questions?

To what extent did economic developments in Germany in the period 1900-1914 pose a threat to the power of the elites?

The Second Reich was characterised by fundamental economic and political divisions by the German elites in the period 1900-1914?

Thanks x

Urbanisation
Rise of SPD
Closing class gap
Rise of industrialists
Worries of Junkers and "old order"

All of the above
Tariff Laws
Bulow's social reforms
Budget problems 1905
Hottentot election 1907/formation of Bulow bloc
Daily Telegraph Affair/fall of Bulow bloc
Zabern Affair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Urbanisation
Rise of SPD
Closing class gap
Rise of industrialists
Worries of Junkers and "old order"

All of the above
Tariff Laws
Bulow's social reforms
Budget problems 1905
Hottentot election 1907/formation of Bulow bloc
Daily Telegraph Affair/fall of Bulow bloc
Zabern Affair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much My biggest worry is i can never introduce the essay how do you do that? x
Reply 871
Thank you so much My biggest worry is i can never introduce the essay how do you do that? x

Just try to sum up the points you're going to be making and say what you think the answer will be. So, like, say which factor you think will be most important.
Original post by cuppa
Just try to sum up the points you're going to be making and say what you think the answer will be. So, like, say which factor you think will be most important.

Thanks x
In a holocaust essay can i get away with ignoring the economy as a factor

If i have

Chaotic state
Fuhrer
German people
War
Other key nazis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
What does the specification say on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Specifications says this:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432150240.665974.jpg

That's what they'll test you on.

Doesn't really mention the revolution part.
I just need a B :smile: what about you? x

I need an A to satisfy my offer, but I want an A* - Id be gutted if I got anything less :frown:

I need around 83% ish to get an A*
Original post by CD223
Got 65/70 in my recent mock :biggrin: 30 on part A (Nazi consolidation) and 35 on part B (nature of Schlieffen plan causing WW1) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! That's good :smile: especially since that's more than needed to secure the A* :wink:
Original post by Tow
I need an A to satisfy my offer, but I want an A* - Id be gutted if I got anything less :frown:

I need around 83% ish to get an A*

Im sure you will get the A* :smile: x
I've got some printed notes for you guys especially!

If you want me to take pictures and post them up I'll send them.

It's for controversy WW1 and effective/popular :smile:
Im sure you will get the A* :smile: x

Hopefully!!

We'll see :wink: and judging from the amount of work you're doing, I'd be disappointed if you get anything below an A :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending