The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehgeeg
60/75 for c1 if anything i may have gotten higher but no less than 60.
30/75 for c2.

That's all I can say. This exam is the worst exam I have ever done in my life. Nothing can compare to it, I do not understand how people can call this easy. I've done past c2 papers and I am sure if not absolutely certain I was a secure B, aiming for an A. Now, well I can't even get a C overall let alone an A. I have never felt this bad after an exam before. I can't even. I'll be retaking maths next year that's for sure. :coma::console:

While I didn't do that bad, I agree that this paper was tough. Most saying it was easy are A2 students who've done C3 and C4 so unsurprisingly it is really easy for them. Not many are seeing it from a C2 only perspective.
For 8)i) If you divided sin by cos you lost 3 extra solutions, which wasn't shown in the unofficial mark scheme.
53 in c2 and 63 in c1. What do I need in s1 for a solid A
My grade boundaries theory:There was an increase in the number of resits for the C2 exam this year, due to the (in my opinion) harder C2 paper last year (June 2014). Because June 2014 had the lowest grade boundary for an A and the lowest boundary for Full UMS, it shows that it was a hard paper. Therefore the people that are resitting, the majority of them will have done C3 and C4 and are resitting C2 to boost UMS. In general (not speaking for everyone) C2 is almost basic compared to C3 and C4, considering most (if not all) of the topics in C2 are covered again in C3 and C4.Therefore I predict that the grade boundary for an A will not be abnormal - most likely 62/63 for 80UMS. My point is that people resitting will pull the grade boundaries up.
Last year's paper was easy in comparison to this year though, by a milw
Can someone please tell me how many marks you need to get an A overall?

Reply 3327
Original post by joshjones453
My grade boundaries theory:There was an increase in the number of resits for the C2 exam this year, due to the (in my opinion) harder C2 paper last year (June 2014). Because June 2014 had the lowest grade boundary for an A and the lowest boundary for Full UMS, it shows that it was a hard paper. Therefore the people that are resitting, the majority of them will have done C3 and C4 and are resitting C2 to boost UMS. In general (not speaking for everyone) C2 is almost basic compared to C3 and C4, considering most (if not all) of the topics in C2 are covered again in C3 and C4.Therefore I predict that the grade boundary for an A will not be abnormal - most likely 62/63 for 80UMS. My point is that people resitting will pull the grade boundaries up.

oh ****:afraid:
Reply 3328
do u think 45-50/75 would be eneough to get me atleast a C?(or B)

100% percent agree! I did c2 last year and also thought that paper was waaay harder... but then as you say i've been studying for c3/c4 this year so i thought that the content was just way simpler today. the problem is if this keeps happening more and more people will be retaking each year, making it unfair for year 12s
Our school is doing D1 as the third module, is anyone else doing this?
Reply 3331
Conservatively speaking I got around a low C for C1 and mid B for C2; is there still a chance for an A considering that I will sit my A2 units this summer as well?
Reply 3332
Original post by beany101
53 in c2 and 63 in c1. What do I need in s1 for a solid A

For an A u should aim for about 70 marks in S1
Original post by LikeASomebody
Our school is doing D1 as the third module, is anyone else doing this?

Yeah i'am, i thought i would do well in C1 and 2 so that i can drop a few marks in D1, but now i need to get 90% in D1 to get an A :angry:
Reply 3334
Anyone remember Q9a exactly and how they did it?
Original post by oliviakellers
100% percent agree! I did c2 last year and also thought that paper was waaay harder... but then as you say i've been studying for c3/c4 this year so i thought that the content was just way simpler today. the problem is if this keeps happening more and more people will be retaking each year, making it unfair for year 12s

thanks. However i believe year 12's will hopefully become more smarter in there revision technique. I'm an A2 student aswell, I knew where i went wrong at AS, and worked towards improving that. Also I think most students tend to create this 'false impression' of how good they really are at maths. Papers are getting harder as years go on, but doing a June 2011 paper for example and getting full marks isn't truly representative as to how good you are at the more challenging concepts of the syllabus.I didn't bother doing any past papers before 2012 in preparation for today's exam, as all of them are easier, instead I focused on solomon papers under timed conditions, international and (r) papers and the stretch questions from the textbook. This is how I revised and according to the unofficial ms i got full marks
thanks. However i believe year 12's will hopefully become more smarter in there revision technique. I'm an A2 student aswell, I knew where i went wrong at AS, and worked towards improving that. Also I think most students tend to create this 'false impression' of how good they really are at maths. Papers are getting harder as years go on, but doing a June 2011 paper for example and getting full marks isn't truly representative as to how good you are at the more challenging concepts of the syllabus.I didn't bother doing any past papers before 2012 in preparation for today's exam, as all of them are easier, instead I focused on solomon papers under timed conditions, international and (r) papers and the stretch questions from the textbook. This is how I revised and according to the unofficial ms i got full marks

yeah solomon papers are definitely the way forward i think! they seem so hard at first but once you get used to them the actual exam seems a lot simpler! good for you haha
Original post by _thequeen
Not until after results day. People will try and guess, but Arsey has said that's it's pretty useless because there is no way of knowing.

In fairness my predictions are usually not too bad. I think I was only more than 2ums out in one module last summer. Boundaries usually appear a little earlier than the results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reece13
Sorry the reply is after the exam but it says r>1 therefore it cant be 1-r^n

You can use either. I normally only teach 1 - r^n way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
In fairness my predictions are usually not too bad. I think I was only more than 2ums out in one module last summer. Boundaries usually appear a little earlier than the results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, it's just that I thought I saw on the C1 thread you said it was pointless. I didn't mean to say your predictions are bad :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending