The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cfbillingham

No we're saying that it should come up, however there is always the possibility that it will appear in some obscure form "What are the dangers of Advertising alcohol"

Noooooooo ! I am NOT prepared for any curve balls :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: Pls just +ves and -ves of a topic !!!!!!
Original post by Amyjonesx
could someone tell me how to form subjunctive please?? I have only learnt set phrases with the verb already conjugated but I may need to know for the dreaded grammar gap fill

1) Take they form of the verb
e.g ils finissent
2) Remove the -ent to get subjunctive stem
e.g finiss
3) following endings : -e, -es, -e, -ions, -iez, -ent
e.g je finisse, nous finissions
I hope shopping comes up...love that topic
Original post by Rebecca_Kathleen
Moi aussi! J'ai révisé mon vocabulaire sur "Memrise"- c'est très utile!

Pour moi c'est plus que j'espère que ce sera possible d'utiliser le vocabulaire de la deuxième année....
Hoping stress comes up so I can impress the examiner by writing about neoliberlism lol
Predicted topics for the essay?
Original post by edward98s

Internet, Cinema, Shopping, Friends and Stress

Advertising, music and family are my predictions. Maybe stress?
Reply 148

Adverts, Sport, Family or Music would be my guess
Original post by boods8897
Pour moi c'est plus que j'espère que ce sera possible d'utiliser le vocabulaire de la deuxième année....

Oui, surtout la pollution. Ou le crime peut-être.

J'ai appris beaucoup de phrases qui vont être utiles dans le deuxième examen (par exemple, les phrases pour l'introduction).

Tu vas faire ton essai sur quoi dans le deuxième examen?
Original post by Rebecca_Kathleen
Oui, surtout la pollution.

N'oublie pas que le gaz carbonique est la premiere cause du forcage radiatif positif et donc entraine la rechauffement planétaire:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Thankyou!
Is this sentence corrrect:
Si j'avais su des effets nocifs d'internet plus tot, je ne l'aurais jamais utilise'
I usually spend so much time on the listening part, because I always want to write what the recording says exactly, so I need to repeat it about 5 times for each question.
Also in the essay can you use on and vous interchangeably?
for example one sentence saying vous pouvez and then later on putting on peut?

Sticking with one of them is probably better - French people don't generally use vous in the same way the English do, so I'd stay stick with using on where possible :smile:
Reply 155

I've found that it's usually better to stick with one and work with it throughout I find otherwise you just have to spend time thinking about which ending you need on verbs, but it's honestly preference on what you find easiest to do and run with. I personally prefer sticking with on it's easier in most cases.
Reply 156
Good luck everyone, hopefully it'll be okay
(edited 8 years ago)
1. L’entraîneur ne regrette pas la décisionqu’il avait prise. (prendre)

Can some explain why this is 'prise' I've never seen this conjugation of prendre before!
Original post by contradicta
1. L’entraîneur ne regrette pas la décisionqu’il avait prise. (prendre)

Can some explain why this is 'prise' I've never seen this conjugation of prendre before!

That's definitely wrong. Pretty sure the 'e' is not supposed to be there. Searched it up on 'conjugation.fr' and 'prise' does not exist for the verb 'prendre'.
Does anyone have a pre-written good essay on music (around 30 or more marks), or some french phrases for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending