The Student Room Group

Physics P1 Edexcel GCSE 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anon it is
when is your paper? what time? and in which country you doing it in?

Physics P1 Higher Tier
Afternoon 1:30pm
UK
Reply 21
Original post by MLS___
What do u think is going to come up ??

I think life cycle of stars may be a six marker and em waves always come up. Renewable vsnon renewable
Reply 22
I think dangers of EM Waves might orrrr telescopes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
that exam was awful
i know right!!!! @ArsenoliteAs2O3
That exam was awful, hoping it's around 35-40 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOOL yes, worst exam, and rubbish six mark questions, especially the generator one
Original post by Crepsley8
LOOL yes, worst exam, and rubbish six mark questions, especially the generator one

what was the generator 1?
That paper was solidddd
that paper was too hard compared with the biology and chemistry paper.
Original post by Ibrahim Rampuri
what was the generator 1?

the last six mark question in the paper, it was about the ball bouncing above a magnet or something
Reply 31
Okay.....i really hope they lower the grade boundary for Physics..I found that quite hard...the 6 markers were horrible!
For the time it takes for the wave to travel to earth did anyone get something like 3255680 seconds or something like that?
Original post by mali473
Okay.....i really hope they lower the grade boundary for Physics..I found that quite hard...the 6 markers were horrible!
For the time it takes for the wave to travel to earth did anyone get something like 3255680 seconds or something like that?

I gave it in standard form, but it was something like that, yikes :O
Was that the double award igcse exam?
Reply 34
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
I gave it in standard form, but it was something like that, yikes :O

Ohh okay i feel a little better. What did you get for the first muliple choice.

I put that it was a transverse wave and Electromagnetic spectrum. WHat about you?
Original post by mali473
Ohh okay i feel a little better. What did you get for the first muliple choice.

I put that it was a transverse wave and Electromagnetic spectrum. WHat about you?

I put the same, as it was definately an EM wave, and i remembered that all EM waves are transverse
Reply 36
I don't understand how the longitudinal and transverse waves question was a 6 mark. I mean how much can you write??
I was counting on atleast one of the 6 markers to be on an easy topic like EM waves, space or renewable energy or something but no they were both stupid.
This paper was harder than any of the past papers I did ugh
Also, what did people get for that maths question near the end of the paper for the amount of hours the kettle was on for?
Original post by H.amna
I don't understand how the longitudinal and transverse waves question was a 6 mark. I mean how much can you write??
I was counting on atleast one of the 6 markers to be on an easy topic like EM waves, space or renewable energy or something but no they were both stupid.
This paper was harder than any of the past papers I did ugh
Also, what did people get for that maths question near the end of the paper for the amount of hours the kettle was on for?

I got just under 2, but I agree, horrible paper, grade boundaries should be low gauging by the reactions
Reply 38
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
I got just under 2, but I agree, horrible paper, grade boundaries should be low gauging by the reactions

I got 1.96 but on the dotted line i wrote 2 hrs will i still get full marks?
I got 1.97, You should have wrote what you got, but if they do reduce marks, it will only be 1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending