The Student Room Group

AS English Language - unit 1 - ENGB1 -Categorising texts

Hello,
Could someone please help me, i am re-sitting my English Language categorising texts exam on the 2nd June.

I haven't done any revision yet, and I have forgotten a lot from last year. I was wondering if someone could help me, with possibly some revision notes and what specific things I need to learn for it?

Thank you - would be a great help! :smile:
It's not a lot to revise for, you just have to make sure you get the right writing technique.

Things you should revise;
- terminology (eg. semantics, fillers, false start)
- Theorists and the theories (eg gender theories, Tannen, power theories and technology theories. If you don't have any just google some or just say and I'll upload some notes)
and that's pretty much it. Theres just a lot of terminology really.

And for your technique, make sure in section A, always add context, most important part! Make sure you hit all the AO's and show the reason a text is displayed a certain way - always link back to language and in section B, again make sure you include context (internal and external) and support what you're saying with theories or just society's stereotypes.

I have a tonne of notes so if you do want some, I'll get them to you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by natashaellenx
It's not a lot to revise for, you just have to make sure you get the right writing technique.

Things you should revise;
- terminology (eg. semantics, fillers, false start)
- Theorists and the theories (eg gender theories, Tannen, power theories and technology theories. If you don't have any just google some or just say and I'll upload some notes)
and that's pretty much it. Theres just a lot of terminology really.

And for your technique, make sure in section A, always add context, most important part! Make sure you hit all the AO's and show the reason a text is displayed a certain way - always link back to language and in section B, again make sure you include context (internal and external) and support what you're saying with theories or just society's stereotypes.

I have a tonne of notes so if you do want some, I'll get them to you :smile:

Wow thank you! That is really helpful :h:

It would be great to see some of your notes if it is not too much trouble, otherwise don't worry about it!
Thank you again :h:
Original post by Salts
Wow thank you! That is really helpful :h:

It would be great to see some of your notes if it is not too much trouble, otherwise don't worry about it!
Thank you again :h:

Here's some notes; sorry for the lighting and my terrible writing! If you can't read something just PM me :smile:
OH and the terrible spelling! I have to take notes so fast, probably every other word is incorrect haha!

(The file is in PDF form because it was too big to upload on here)
http://www.docdroid.net/10ydc/english-language-revision.docx.html
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by natashaellenx
Here's some notes; sorry for the lighting and my terrible writing! If you can't read something just PM me :smile:
OH and the terrible spelling! I have to take notes so fast, probably every other word is incorrect haha!

(The file is in PDF form because it was too big to upload on here)
http://www.docdroid.net/10ydc/english-language-revision.docx.html

Wow thank you so so much! You are so kind. That looks amazing, and so so helpful already!
Hope the exam goes really well for you!!! :h::h:

p.s your spelling is fine! and really good hand-writing for writing fast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending