The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GenuineHpLaptop
PUT DOWN"!! but i have no idea it didint show the direction of current!!!

In P3, the current goes from positive (the longest line in the cell) to the negative which went in the "right" direction. Therefore, using the left hand rule, the movement of force had to go upwards. :smile:
the resistance line, first q in p2, wasn't it the line C, because it had least current allowing thru it, hence bigger resistance
Original post by ArcticNeighbour
It is not possible to predict grade boundaries at all. It's based on the whole country's performance and intended difficulty.

Of course it is, you can roughly figure out what they will be based on how hard you found it and others found it and what they have been in the past. I have done many past papers so feel my instincts are right
What did people get for the rocket velocity? I got decreases because there was no upward force, only the weight and the air resistance down?
Original post by WhiteScythe
These are some provisional predictions:

P2: 48/49 A* (54 = 100 UMS)
P3: 44/45 A* (51 = 100 UMS)

C2: 49/50 A* (55 = 100 UMS)
C3: 45/46 A* (49 = 100 UMS)

B2: 43/44 A* (49 = 100 UMS)
B3: 46/47 A* (51 = 100 UMS)

I agree with biology and chemistry, I would say physics slightly lower because of the calculations so many people would have made mathmatical errors
Original post by emmanuel1999
I made a mistake on p2 and wrote that proton has a relative mass of +1, and electrons has a relative mass of -1. Will i lose marks

For the electrons, only one make though, may make that up in other areas of he Q
Original post by Amyh141999
Of course it is, you can roughly figure out what they will be based on how hard you found it and others found it and what they have been in the past. I have done many past papers so feel my instincts are right

No you can't. That was probably just luck
What caused the centripetal force? Friction? Gravity? What did you put?
Here are some of the answers I got for some questions in P2 and P3, that I am pretty sure are correct:

P2: Conservation of momentum calcs - 5m/s
P2: Half life of the element was 12 years.
P2: Advantages of fusionable fuels: Don't produce radioactive waste that needs to be disposed off (something to that effect), and they produce more energy per Kg - some more could've been said probably - they're hydrogen isotopes, so are renewable and abundant.
P2: 51 coulombs for the charge question , and 612Joules for energy transferred
P2: Rocket velocity Q: The graph was B.
P2: rocket velocity increases ?? I mean bit of a vague question, but oh well. Difference between speed & velocity - velocity has a direction, speed does not.
P3: First Q, was 1.25
P3: Refractive index, first glass question was 1.5 something
P3: Second q: 26.18 degrees or 26.2
P3: hydraulics Q: 84000N
P3: bus won't topple as line of action is within the base, and doesn't produce a resulting moment
P3: eye: ciliary muscles & retina - also the critical angle one, the line went straight forward when i = critical angle
P3: 20,000hz for ultrasound, and wavelength = an atom, although i put electron, after I crossed out an atom lol - weird question.
P3: No of coils 18...
P3: Motor effect, and the arrow you had to draw was one going upward toward the top of the page.
P3: Centripetal force: D - could've said, mass of car, radius of circle it is travelling in, or distance from the centre, or speed. - also in this instance it is friction which causes it.
That's all I can remember atm, but all in all, a pretty good paper set by AQA for both P2 and P3. Hope you all did well guys.
P2: Plum pudding is positive
P3: Conditions was short sight - the 60 year olds had a focal length/power or whatever it was of 0.5 metres - you also had to estimate the diopters which was anywhere between 0.6-0.8 probably.
P2: The gravitational and kinetic energy was 3.6 J i think, or was that the braking distance Q idk
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 369
i put diameter of an atom lol
Original post by Turtlebunny
Here are some of the answers I got for some questions in P2 and P3, that I am pretty sure are correct:

P2: Advantages of fusionable fuels: Don't produce radioactive waste that needs to be disposed off (something to that effect), and they produce more energy per Kg - some more could've been said probably - they're hydrogen isotopes, so are renewable and abundant.
P2: rocket velocity increases ?? I mean bit of a vague question, but oh well. Difference between speed & velocity - velocity has a direction, speed does not.
P3: bus won't topple as line of action is within the base, and doesn't produce a resulting moment
P3: eye: ciliary muscles & retina - also the critical angle one, the line went straight forward when i = critical angle
P3: 20,000hz for ultrasound, and wavelength = an atom, although i put electron, after I crossed out an atom lol - weird question.
P3: Motor effect, and the arrow you had to draw was one going upward toward the top of the page.
P3: Centripetal force: D - could've said, mass of car, radius of circle it is travelling in, or distance from the centre, or speed.
That's all I can remember atm, but all in all, a pretty good paper set by AQA for both P2 and P3. Hope you all did well guys.

Thanks for posting! I agree with everything except the wavelength which should be an atom only because the physics spec says so specifically! :smile:
Reply 371

P3: Centripetal force: D - could've said, mass of car, radius of circle it is travelling in, or distance from the centre, or speed.
P2: Plum pudding is positive

bitesize confirms its similar to the diameter of an atom.. idk though
Original post by Cookiemonster057
Thanks for posting! I agree with everything except the wavelength which should be an atom only because the physics spec says so specifically! :smile:

Yea I think it is an atom, which seems really strange, but oh well, it's only 1 mark.
it was not that good this year i hated the paper (not the maths parts though)
Original post by Nabzy8
bitesize confirms its similar to the diameter of an atom.. idk though

hey the refreaction was in line with the glass, it was on the surface of the glass, when the i = critical angle, its refracted on glass surface
Original post by Nelson Barnaby
What caused the centripetal force? Friction? Gravity? What did you put?

friction
Yea I think it is an atom, which seems really strange, but oh well, it's only 1 mark.

hey the refreaction was in line with the glass, it was on the surface of the glass, when the i = critical angle, its refracted on glass surface
okee i put friction but just checking what others fought :wink:
Original post by PawanAviator
friction
Original post by Nelson Barnaby
okee i put friction but just checking what others fought :wink:

great!
Original post by PawanAviator
great!

correct friction between tyres and the road surface

Quick Reply

Latest