The Student Room Group

OCR History: Domestic Issues 1918-1951

Any one doing this exam on the 20th?
It's on wednesday, absolutely freaked out by this exam. Trying to remember key dates and the successes and failures is really overwhelming. At least the technique isn't too bad.
Reply 2
So how are you revising? Im just doing past papers and looking at mark scheme/examiners reports. Did your teacher predict what was coming up?
Original post by kalvin689
So how are you revising? Im just doing past papers and looking at mark scheme/examiners reports. Did your teacher predict what was coming up?

No, my teacher is useless in every way. I'm just trying to cover content as much as I can. I have a ton of exams on either side of this one so not that hopeful. How are you tackling it?
Reply 4
So predictions.....? What came up 2014?
June 2014 for domestic issues in Britain 1918-1951 was:
1. assess the reasons for the growth of the Labour party in the period 1918 - 1924
2. The trade unions were the most important reason for the General strike of 1926. How far do you agree?
3. How important was attlee's role in Labour's election victory in 1945?

I think this year will be either: Lloyd George, National government, Conservative dominance, 1st or 2nd Labour government

Don't take my word for it though!!!
Original post by c0unttakesh1
June 2014 for domestic issues in Britain 1918-1951 was:
1. assess the reasons for the growth of the Labour party in the period 1918 - 1924
2. The trade unions were the most important reason for the General strike of 1926. How far do you agree?
3. How important was attlee's role in Labour's election victory in 1945?

I think this year will be either: Lloyd George, National government, Conservative dominance, 1st or 2nd Labour government

Don't take my word for it though!!!

Yes, I'm thinking that also. Lloyd George isn't a tricky topic. I always seem to remember Chanak, Irish Question and Honours Scandal etc. over any other period of time. Fingers crossed for him.

My other best areas are the 1945 election and General strike which is a shame. I noticed the General strike had come up the year before also. Highly unlikely it will come up again.
By the way people, best of luck tomorrow with it. It's the last year this exam is running so I'm guessing they will be lazy and reuse a past set of questions, possibly from a few years ago.

Good luck :sparta:
Reply 8
I think for certain National Government, then I don't think labour's going to come up it will be a liberal and a tory question or two tory questions. I recon conservative dominance and possibly DLG. Goodluck :biggrin:
Our teacher has made us do about 8 essays on lloyd george throughout the year so if it is him i will be so thankful haha, praying for conservative dominance and national government as well. Best of luck guys
Original post by c0unttakesh1
Our teacher has made us do about 8 essays on lloyd george throughout the year so if it is him i will be so thankful haha, praying for conservative dominance and national government as well. Best of luck guys

If DLG did come up which area do you think, i've seen the examiners have only tested us on his fall but what do you think?
I think that's what will come up, we've done questions mainly where it says a factor was the most important reason for his downfall and do we agree

Chanak, Ireland, Versailles was the main reason for the downfall of DLG. HOw far do you agree? but there was one question where it said it was his failure to please the Conservatives was the main reason for his downfall how far do you agree. That got me stuck a bit but that is unlikely i think
Reply 12
Failures of the general strike could come up as well despite 'the causes of the general strike' came up last year
Reply 13
SO SO SO happy that David LG and Failures of Gen strike came up
SO SO SO happy that David LG and Failures of Gen strike came up

I know right! I planned the exact questions that came up. Which meant the time allowed in the exam for planning I didn't need. I could use the time to focus on writing some killer introductions to start the ball rolling.

I think my memory let me down a tad on the general strike essay. I was writing up a section about the governments role and OMS popped into my head. I didn't include it because I thought it was linked to the Nazi Germany exam I did a week ago. But then I realised it meant Organisation for the Maintenance of Supplies once I had left the exam. Missing out facts like that may have made my evidence as a whole much weaker but I don't mind too much.

It could easily have been the achievements of the national government and the troubles 30's and then I would have been forced to choose between that or Labour '45-51. Ew.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by LizzieArt
I know right! I planned the exact questions that came up. Which meant the time allowed in the exam for planning I didn't need. I could use the time to focus on writing some killer introductions to start the ball rolling.

I think my memory let me down a tad on the general strike essay. I was writing up a section about the governments role and OMS popped into my head. I didn't include it because I thought it was linked to the Nazi Germany exam I did a week ago. But then I realised it meant Organisation for the Maintenance of Supplies once I had left the exam. Missing out facts like that may have made my evidence as a whole much weaker but I don't mind too much.

It could easily have been the achievements of the national government and the troubles 30's and then I would have been forced to choose between that or Labour '45-51. Ew.

Nice! I have a fab teacher who did a 30 minute cramming session of the possible question that could have came up just before the exam. My god did that help!
Nice! I have a fab teacher who did a 30 minute cramming session of the possible question that could have came up just before the exam. My god did that help!

That sounds brilliant! I hope it went well for you Kalvin :smile:

Quick Reply