The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morrissies
Graph A was just a straight, diagonal line
I was unsure about all the options honestly because I didn't think it would fall at a constant velocity (which is what A showed) but none of the others hit the ground at 0 so I'm completely baffled by it

Im sure it must have been B because if you think about it, the velocity would start very low because if you threw a ball up, it would pause before falling back down right? And then accelerate as gravity acted on it
Original post by morrissies
Graph A was just a straight, diagonal line
I was unsure about all the options honestly because I didn't think it would fall at a constant velocity (which is what A showed) but none of the others hit the ground at 0 so I'm completely baffled by it

to be honest it seems like it was graph B , the velocity leveled off which was good because it reached terminal velocity. there was no graph which had faced towards the x-axis. probably before it hit the ground. just my choice.
Original post by Smile Generator
Yeah me too, i put B, because the question said 'Take into account air resistance'. I dont think it would fall at a constant velocity either. Imma ask my teacher
tomorrow

I was going to put B, however, couldn't understand why it didn't reach 0. Very odd.
On the kinetic energy question I messed up and im kicking myself for it- originally I had 3.6J (which I also put for the next question and then used it for the question after that) but when I went back through to check my answers, I somehow got 0.44 or something stupid which I know is wrong. I crossed out 3.6 to put that in and then changed all the following answers so do you think I would just lose the mark for the first question because of ecf?

Thanks in advance (really want an a* but it seems unlikely as I have realised how many silly mistakes I have made)
Original post by lewiswallis
so worried i hope it's around 46 or 47 for an A*, does anyone have a good idea of what the boundary could be?

For P2 the grade boundaries are pretty consistent so around 44-47 would be my best guess and P3 was a lot easier I think so around 46-48 for an A*.
Original post by Not_a_horse
I don't think you had to consider if it had hit the ground but just how it travelled through the air, anyways it was 1 mark so don't stress too much

Yeah good point. Only 1 mark.
Original post by docilechic
On the kinetic energy question I messed up and im kicking myself for it- originally I had 3.6J (which I also put for the next question and then used it for the question after that) but when I went back through to check my answers, I somehow got 0.44 or something stupid which I know is wrong. I crossed out 3.6 to put that in and then changed all the following answers so do you think I would just lose the mark for the first question because of ecf?

Thanks in advance (really want an a* but it seems unlikely as I have realised how many silly mistakes I have made)

Yeah, examiners are meant to only penalise mistakes once only.

You'll also notice on past paper mark schemes that it'll say "accept their (question number) x (insert correct calculation here)

so in other words you should be fine!

I'm in the same position as you, feel like I've made loads of silly mistakes but I'm sure you'll still fetch full marks for the change in height and the GPE as long as you substituted into the equation properly

All marks will be lost.
Original post by JezDayy

You'll also notice on past paper mark schemes that it'll say "accept their (question number) x (insert correct calculation here)

Thank you- yeah, actually now you mention it I have seen that in previous mark schemes. Am I right in putting my answer a in for b? And I cant actually remember part c but I know I used part a in the workings? Is that wrong?
Original post by Jjohnson919
All marks will be lost.

Did you guys get 12 years for half life?
Original post by JezDayy

So if I put 3600 for kinetic energy (I know that's wrong) and then put 3600 for GPE you're telling me I'd get the mark?
Thank you- yeah, actually now you mention it I have seen that in previous mark schemes. Am I right in putting my answer a in for b? And I cant actually remember part c but I know I used part a in the workings? Is that wrong?

Yeah, I think you wouldn't get punished again, so I think you're alright.
Original post by Not_a_horse
Did you guys get 12 years for half life?

Yep, that's the only question I'm 100% certain I've gained full marks on
Original post by amymcavoy22
I'm in the same position as you, feel like I've made loads of silly mistakes but I'm sure you'll still fetch full marks for the change in height and the GPE as long as you substituted into the equation properly

Thank you! Everyone is saying both papers were really easy (and originally I thought they were okay) but now I feel as though I have lost loads of marks. I got the reflection question wrong (although that was only 1 mark) and several others (like I seriously doubt I would have gotten 4 marks on the seat belt question)
Original post by Jjohnson919
So if I put 3600 for kinetic energy (I know that's wrong) and then put 3600 for GPE you're telling me I'd get the mark?

No, you shouldn't be penalised again.

I have evidence that I could get for you from past papers?
Original post by amymcavoy22
Yep, that's the only question I'm 100% certain I've gained full marks on

What annoys me is that we don't get the marks for each paper but just our overall grade :unimpressed:
Original post by JezDayy
No, you shouldn't be penalised again.

I have evidence that I could get for you from past papers?

So I would get the mark and that would be great!
Thank you! Everyone is saying both papers were really easy (and originally I thought they were okay) but now I feel as though I have lost loads of marks. I got the reflection question wrong (although that was only 1 mark) and several others (like I seriously doubt I would have gotten 4 marks on the seat belt question)

Literally same, I came out of the exam feeling relatively happy and sort of hyper and now I'm full of regret and stress in desperate hope I can get an A*, especially because I want to go on to do physics at higher :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone write like a list of which questions were in the two papers? even if it is not a full paper? I have such a poor memory and I am stressing (although I realise I cannot change my answers but would like peace of mind) so would like to mentally check off where I lost marks.

Quick Reply

Latest