The Student Room Group

Physics P1 Edexcel GCSE 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
I got 1.97, You should have wrote what you got, but if they do reduce marks, it will only be 1

Damnnn im soo kicking myself i shouldve left the answer as it was.... :facepalm:
Original post by mali473
I got 1.96 but on the dotted line i wrote 2 hrs will i still get full marks?

No, I don't think you'd loose marks but usually its best to round to 3 significant figures :smile:. And for the light question I got a really long answer but I'm pretty sure it started with 1336 but I'm not sure, my calculator didn't give it in standard form so I didn't write it as standard form :eek:
Everyone, what did you put for the question which said why the temperature ffor the wing remained constant? I'm pretty sure I got that wrong! :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by Xiuchen
Everyone, what did you put for the question which said why the temperature ffor the wing remained constant? I'm pretty sure I got that wrong! :frown:

I wrote heat lost is the same.rate as the heat is gained therefore it reaches a constant temperature??
Original post by mali473
I wrote heat lost is the same.rate as the heat is gained therefore it reaches a constant temperature??

I think that would get you two marks :smile:, i wrote some BS about heat not being lost in a vacuum, I over-thought it and didn't read the question thoroughly:s-smilie:
I wrote that the same amount of heat absorbed is being radiated out to keep the temperature constant...not even remotely sure if that's correct lol XD
Reply 46
Hey, this paper wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult to be honest but I'm just annoyed with one question.
The graph.
It had an equation of (S-P) multiplied by 8= Km or something like that and it asked if the graph was reasonable or something along those lines.
I'm just wondering how you guys went about answering that question?
Reply 47
Original post by Xiuchen
I think that would get you two marks :smile:, i wrote some BS about heat not being lost in a vacuum, I over-thought it and didn't read the question thoroughly:s-smilie:

Haha i misread a few questions too and made some really atupid mistakes
Original post by ThatAsainGirl
I wrote that the same amount of heat absorbed is being radiated out to keep the temperature constant...not even remotely sure if that's correct lol XD

I'm pretty sure that is the correct answer!! :smile: Asians are good at physics woohoo (I'm chinese :redface:)
Original post by Dash-K!
Hey, this paper wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult to be honest but I'm just annoyed with one question.
The graph.
It had an equation of (S-P) multiplied by 8= Km or something like that and it asked if the graph was reasonable or something along those lines.

Ok, I think I approached the question quite smartly, I'm good at maths haha. I just plotted the line of Y=8X on the graph so I can compare the lines, and it showed that the further right you go the closer the two lines are (better estimate), but the two lines NEVER touch so it is never a perfect estimate :smile: hope that helps!!
Original post by mali473
Haha i misread a few questions too and made some really atupid mistakes

Haha, i always make silly mistakes and feel bad about it afterwards :s-smilie::frown:
Original post by Xiuchen
I'm pretty sure that is the correct answer!! :smile: Asians are good at physics woohoo (I'm chinese :redface:)

Haha that's a relief😅 lol Asains for Life🙌🏿🙌🏿

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha that's a relief😅 lol Asains for Life🙌🏿🙌🏿

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you from in Asia?:biggrin: And yes Asians for lifeee!!!!
Original post by mali473

same i wrote that it radiated the same amount of heat it absorbed
Original post by Xiuchen
Where are you from in Asia?:biggrin: And yes Asians for lifeee!!!!

India...Kerela to be even more precise :u::h:
Original post by ArsenoliteAs2O3
same i wrote that it radiated the same amount of heat it absorbed

It's a relief to know that other people wrote the same too wwoo! I'm kind of feeling better about the exam now haha
It's a relief to know that other people wrote the same too wwoo! I'm kind of feeling better about the exam now haha

exactly may feeling if its wrong at least im not going down alone.:biggrin:
India...Kerela to be even more precise :u::h:

Cool!!:smile:
Original post by Dash-K!
The graph.

I said that the equation was reasonable because it gave a similar result to the actual result shown on the graph and I provided evidence for example I said that 10 seconds it had an arrival of 80km in the equation and the graph showed it was actually 78km which was very similar. They equation should have said (S-P)x8 -2 that would have given the exact same results as the graph
Original post by nawolnation
I said that the equation was reasonable because it gave a similar result to the actual result shown on the graph and I provided evidence for example I said that 10 seconds it had an arrival of 80km in the equation and the graph showed it was actually 78km which was very similar. They equation should have said (S-P)x8 -2 that would have given the exact same results as the graph

Thats a great observation!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending