The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
The exam went well but i didnt get a lot of sleep today so i couldnt thibk properly and at the gravitational PE question i went block and i was looking for an equation when there was no space for an equation, got it at the end though
hey guys what about the last question about the trajectory on the range and height?

i put 30 degrees and 45 degrees because they were the same shape and had twice the range or something like that. that was one weird question.
Original post by amymcavoy22
Literally same, I came out of the exam feeling relatively happy and sort of hyper and now I'm full of regret and stress in desperate hope I can get an A*, especially because I want to go on to do physics at higher :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thank god I was thinking I was the only one! Yeah, I think physics is my best science (im in year 10 so I haven't done most of chemistry and biology yet) so would really like an a* in it and was considering doing it at a level. I feel the same as you!
Original post by PawanAviator
hey guys what about the last question about the trajectory on the range and height?

i put 30 degrees and 45 degrees because they were the same shape and had twice the range or something like that. that was one weird question.

I put 45 degrees, can't remember the explanation I put
Does AQA deduct marks from you for doing anything wrong in the exam?
Original post by PawanAviator

Think you just had to do a trend between both range and degrees.
Original post by 11Jason11
Does AQA deduct marks from you for doing anything wrong in the exam?

Sarcasm?
Original post by docilechic
Ahh thank god I was thinking I was the only one! Yeah, I think physics is my best science (im in year 10 so I haven't done most of chemistry and biology yet) so would really like an a* in it and was considering doing it at a level. I feel the same as you!

Wow we are literally the same! Today we're my first actual GCSE exams because I'm in year 10 and I find biology the easiest but have gotten A*'s all year in physics so I'm hoping the mistakes I made will only be minor and my mind will have just exaggerated them 😅
Original post by Jjohnson919
Sarcasm?

Yeah ahaha :smile:
Just in case you're worrying...

Errors.jpg
Attachment not found

@Jjohnson919 @docilechic :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 11Jason11
Yeah ahaha :smile:

New it haha. Obviously take it away for wrong answer but what they're trying to say is that if you get one wrong and you use it for the next question and you've done the calculation wrong you gain a mark. Weird I know.
Wow we are literally the same! Today we're my first actual GCSE exams because I'm in year 10 and I find biology the easiest but have gotten A*'s all year in physics so I'm hoping the mistakes I made will only be minor and my mind will have just exaggerated them 😅

Yeah, at my school we all have to take short course rs so I have already done half of that, but this is my first one that I actually care about (other than English as we have done 25% of the grade) I prefer biology but I don't actually think im that good at it aha. Which questions do you think you got wrong? or what answers did you get?
Yeah somewhere but I have no idea how I got from 0.3 to 0.6 or how anyone got from 3.6 to 7.2, I've completely forgotten sorry :/

Thanks anyway
Original post by JezDayy
Just in case you're worrying...

Errors.jpg
Attachment not found

@Jjohnson919 @docilechic :smile:

Will I still get a mark for 3600 though? It wasn't really a calculation question?
Yeah, at my school we all have to take short course rs so I have already done half of that, but this is my first one that I actually care about (other than English as we have done 25% of the grade) I prefer biology but I don't actually think im that good at it aha. Which questions do you think you got wrong? or what answers did you get?

On the P2 paper I think I got the top speed thing wrong (I got 17m/s) and I got the kinetic energy one wrong, I've probably made a few mistakes with the whole how science works stuff ad also the last comparison question. On P3 there's nothing in particular that I think I've definitely got wrong but just a few uncertainties like with the power range thing I got 0.125 which I don't think is right and also the pendulum experiment improvement question was a bit sloppy as well as the bus question. I find P1 super easy so I'm hoping for a high A* in that, also got 48 on the thermistor ISA paper so I hope that those will bring up any mistakes. What do you think you got right/wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jjohnson919
Will I still get a mark for 3600 though? It wasn't really a calculation question?

Based on the ecf rule, you'll get the first bit wrong but not the 2nd time.
Original post by stardust-dream
kinetic energy= 1/2 x mass x velocity squared
So its 1/2 x 0.05 x 12^2= 3.6 J

Ek= Ep

Ep= mass x gravitational field strength x height
3.6= 0.05 x 10 x height
u needed to find the height so

Height= 3.6/(0.05x10)
= 7.2m

Hope that makes sense :smile:

THANK YOU! I got 3.6j but I just didn't know that the kinetic energy was the same as the grav energy. So I got the first question right but not the next two.
Original post by JezDayy
Based on the ecf rule, you'll get the first bit wrong but not the 2nd time.

Ok hopefully! I got 7.2 anyway on the last one so that's not a problem.
On the P2 paper I think I got the top speed thing wrong (I got 17m/s) and I got the kinetic energy one wrong, I've probably made a few mistakes with the whole how science works stuff ad also the last comparison question. On P3 there's nothing in particular that I think I've definitely got wrong but just a few uncertainties like with the power range thing I got 0.125 which I don't think is right and also the pendulum experiment improvement question was a bit sloppy as well as the bus question. I find P1 super easy so I'm hoping for a high A* in that, also got 48 on the thermistor ISA paper so I hope that those will bring up any mistakes. What do you think you got right/wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of the answers you have put there are exactly what I put! I don't think I got full marks in p3 6 mark (even though I used all the space) I spent ages on that pendulum question for what conclusions could be made from the data an eventually ended up with answers that I think are right. I was unsure on loads of questions but tbh my memory is so bad that I cant remember half of them!
All of the answers you have put there are exactly what I put! I don't think I got full marks in p3 6 mark (even though I used all the space) I spent ages on that pendulum question for what conclusions could be made from the data an eventually ended up with answers that I think are right. I was unsure on loads of questions but tbh my memory is so bad that I cant remember half of them!

Yeah I used all the space on the 6 marker and more but feel like I missed things out😅 for the pendulum one I think I put 'the longer the pendulum, the longer the periodic time' and 'the mass of the pendulum does not affect the periodic time' but I'm not sure if you had to directly talk about the oscillations thing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending