The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sciencefreak1
Can someone explain how triple science grades are awarded?

This year the exam board have changed how the grades work so its basically the same as double science because you get an overall grade for your unit 1's(c1, p1, p2) an overall GCSE for unit 2 and what's different is we get grade for the unit 3. The physics ISA is used in unit 1 grade, chem ISA is unit 2 and biology ISA is unit3
Original post by AvKar
I don't remember doing some of these questions! Like the 'Michael Faraday' one or 'natural resource of fission'! What paper did you do?

I was about to say! Did I miss them out? Cause I remember going over my paper 2x
What did everyone put for the p2 rocket question ?
For 1a I put something like they are straight lines and there is no axis for temperature
is that wrong because it seems stupid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AvKar
I don't remember doing some of these questions! Like the 'Michael Faraday' one or 'natural resource of fission'! What paper did you do?

I think he did the same paper but just worded it wrong. The faraday question was the one that said why do scientists like the new model of the atom. The natural resources one was the one that said where does nuclear fusion take place and i wrote stars but not sure if it is right!
Reply 1705
Original post by 11Jason11
I was about to say! Did I miss them out? Cause I remember going over my paper 2x

Was the 'why was the old particle model replaced' there? I remember something about scientists accepting the new model but nothing about this (that might just be my shocking memory) but I'm pretty sure the two I mentioned before weren't in my paper! 😳 what paper do you do?
Original post by WhiteScythe
Just to clarify with anyone who disagrees, the force acting on the wire was upwards as current flows from the positive terminal to the negative terminal.

Yeah, so from right to left meaning it went down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Straight lines so it's constant
Original post by MrTechGamer
What did everyone put for the p2 rocket question ?

I put the velocity would decrease due to air resistance. Then got out of the exam and regretted it...

hbu?
Reply 1709
Original post by Eshanth
I think he did the same paper but just worded it wrong. The faraday question was the one that said why do scientists like the new model of the atom. The natural resources one was the one that said where does nuclear fusion take place and i wrote stars but not sure if it is right!

Ohhhh yeah I had those two!! Surely they are different questions though? Maybe he had a different paper but I had the ones that you just mentioned so that's put me at ease 😋
Original post by AvKar
Was the 'why was the old particle model replaced' there? I remember something about scientists accepting the new model but nothing about this (that might just be my shocking memory) but I'm pretty sure the two I mentioned before weren't in my paper! 😳 what paper do you do?

Yeah i remember that question. I did the Higher paper
unofficial mark scheme someone make it please
P3
1a) Retina
Suspensory Ligaments
Original post by Smile Generator
I put the velocity would decrease due to air resistance. Then got out of the exam and regretted it...

hbu?

Ah yes I forgot about that mistake until now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eshanth

For the new idea of an atom I put something like the experiment proved the plum pudding model wrong as some of the alpha particles went straight through which showed most of the atom was empty space

Is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smile Generator

hbu?

I put Velocity decrease too-- can't remember my justification
For P3 power of his eyes question was 50 which i initially wrote but then crossed it out and wrote 0.5 so i lost 3 marks for that
Original post by 11Jason11
I put Velocity decrease too-- can't remember my justification

I think I said something really terrible like 'the force of gravity would pull it down and air resistance will cause it to slow down'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AvKar

PH2HP
Original post by docilechic
For 1a I put something like they are straight lines and there is no axis for temperature
is that wrong because it seems stupid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I put that it was a straight line graph and directly proportional so one of them should be right I hope

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending