The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - S1 - 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

adrianblazesit - no more trolling Nabeel
Original post by MathsMaestro
Last year for S1 the grade boundary for an A was 61/72. This years paper was quite easy so grade boundaries could be high. My guess is 65/72 for an A this year

they've never been higher than 61/72 and that was with last years basic paper that had 10 marks for drawing graphs, id say about 58/72
Reply 382
Original post by Connorbwfc
It said 'He has to pick more than 2 before he gets one he likes' The only way this can happen is by getting a cherry first and second = 6/20 * 5/19 = 3/38.

Or first second and then third, or first second third and then fourth and so on. What you have done is worked out the probability of him getting exactly two cherries before getting one he likes. The question asks "more than two" not exactly
Nabs
(edited 8 years ago)
Nabeel Deader?

Lol who are you XD
Nabs?

yoooooo let's go out for a cheeky nandos!... whoever you are.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 386
Original post by Jackddd
Or first second and then third, or first second third and then fourth and so on. What you have done is worked out the probability of him getting exactly two cherries before getting one he likes. The question asks "more than two" not exactly

Am I missing something, surely by doing that all he is actually doing is the probability of getting two cherries one after the other, that does not imply he gets one he likes afterwards as there aren't thee picks? It must be 6/20*5/19*14/18? Feel free to disprove me.
But I do believe this question will be examined because the question says more than 2, thus it could also be 6/20*5/19*4/18*14/17?
Is this right for the last question?

1 - [ (14/20 × 13/19 × 12/18) + (6/20 × 14/19 × 13/18) + (6/20 × 5/19 × 14/18) ]

= 0.459649123 = 0.4596 (4 sig figs)

This may be the correct answer. It is essentially P(X>2) = 1 - P(X<=2) = 1 - [P(X]. PSC lol woohoo
This may be the correct answer. It is essentially P(X>2) = 1 - P(X<=2) = 1 - [P(X]. PSC lol woohoo

You quoted your own comment, and you replied to yourself that you are right. You ok there, are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?
Did anyone else get for the outliers question that there will be some at the lower end and the upper end? Because 1.5 x 0.3 is 0.45 and - and + 17.9 is 17.45 and 18.35 respectively. So since the ranges are 17.4 for lower and 18.6 for upper there should be outliers at both ends right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adrianblazesit
You quoted your own comment, and you replied to yourself that you are right. You ok there, are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?

I can't seem to find any other logical way to answer that last question. Do correct me if I'm wrong
I can't seem to find any other logical way to answer that last question. Do correct me if I'm wrong

Are you ok i.e. not high as a f**king kite, or are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?
Original post by adrianblazesit
Are you ok i.e. not high as a f**king kite, or are you on that kush like Ben's children with the chocolates?

Dat ganja you were talking about earlier. Yeahhhh
Dat ganja you were talking about earlier. Yeahhhh

Who are you
It's bull**** that OCR MEI would like to see so give them what they want and never cut corners

Mate you're just wrong.. Also who the **** are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
adrianblazesit I've concealed your identity by replacing your full name with 'Nabs' in an earlier post
Original post by jpetersgill
Mate you're just wrong.. Also who the **** are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have the mark scheme to prove me wrong? I've also said that my answer MAY be correct
Defo 3/38 for last question as teacher tells me. Unless my teacher is dumb, which is likely.
Original post by Studious_Student
Did anyone else get for the outliers question that there will be some at the lower end and the upper end? Because 1.5 x 0.3 is 0.45 and - and + 17.9 is 17.45 and 18.35 respectively. So since the ranges are 17.4 for lower and 18.6 for upper there should be outliers at both ends right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid not, the lower quartile was 17.8 not 17.9, so 17.8 - (1.5 x 0.3) = 17.35. Lowest value was 17.4, so there are no outliers on the lower end. However, there are outliers on the higher end. But there is not enough data to be able to determine how many outliers there are.
Original post by Duskstar
If 60-62 is an A, then a B is probably 53-55. However, I don't think boundaries are going to be that high this year - I'd say A is more likely to be around 58, and B respectively lower.

hope so :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending