The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palette
Easiest: C2
Easy: B2
OK: B3
OK: P2
Hard: P3
Hardest: C3

Easiest: C3
Easy: P3
Hard: C2
Hardest: B2
Original post by 11Jason11
Easiest: C3
Easy: P3
Hard: C2
Hardest: B2

That's almost a mirror image to how I found the papers!
Original post by Palette
That's almost a mirror image to how I found the papers!

Omg it actually is! I found the unit 3's easier

My eyes went tired and I started to have a headache in the physics exams so I made loads of avoidable mistakes due to not reading graphs and diagrams properly (in the calculations and drawings) until it got to the point I guessed the Fleming's left hand rule question (I drew a downward arrow), since I thought 'I might as well try my bet- it's a 50% chance of getting it right anyway).

What happened to those trolls in your Physics exam discussion thread?
Original post by Palette
My eyes went tired and I started to have a headache in the physics exams so I made loads of avoidable mistakes due to not reading graphs and diagrams properly (in the calculations and drawings) until it got to the point I guessed the Fleming's left hand rule question (I drew a downward arrow), since I thought 'I might as well try my bet- it's a 50% chance of getting it right anyway).

The correct, the answer is downwards! I made a couple of mistakes, and you keep hearing the phrase "check over your work" but you don't realise the amount of mistakes until you have finished doing the paper :smile:
The correct, the answer is downwards! I made a couple of mistakes, and you keep hearing the phrase "check over your work" but you don't realise the amount of mistakes until you have finished doing the paper :smile:

I must agree with you there. My calculator has insanity problems meaning that it has started to give all answers in standard form for some reason and I think I may have lost a mark in that pressure question for converting the standard form to the full value incorrectly.

P.S. Can you justify why it's downwards? Some people keep saying it's upwards while others claim it's downwards, and both the explanations sound really convincing as I couldn't even be bothered to recall which finger represented what so I had a blind shot at it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Muaaz98
No problem!
Bio papers went so smoothly to be honest, people seemed unconfident on tsr but I'm sorta convinced I'll get A* in both. Exams themselves were decent, there were a few unorthodox questions that tend to annoy, but having done enough past papers it should have been fine!
C2 went well too, much of the questions were the same typical stuff that gets repeated. C3 was the only paper so far that got me, that 5 marker was the stupidest question ever written... I imagine A* will be low in that, probably got around 45 though, maybe a mid A if not borderline A* !
How did yours go?

I thought the chemistry exams were really good! Found B2 really weird. I think i got 47 in C2 and C3 so hopefully A* and 43 in B2 so literally just an A*. B3 may have been 45 not suree!
Original post by Palette

I also did downward arrow as used unconventional current as thought that's the real one after all but you're meant to use conventional current apparently :frown: and I mucked up P2 gravitational potential energy q by crossing out the right answer which would then change the height question as well ugh ! Annoyed at myself
Original post by Nomes24
I also did downward arrow as used unconventional current as thought that's the real one after all but you're meant to use conventional current apparently :frown: and I mucked up P2 gravitational potential energy q by crossing out the right answer which would then change the height question as well ugh ! Annoyed at myself

I got the following questions wrong (probably many more) in P2:

Seatbelt question- probably lost one mark or two
Model replacement (Atom) question- lost two marks
Experiment improvement question- lost one mark
Speed question- lost one mark?
Conservation of momentum question- probably lost one mark as well
Original post by Bubblebex1
it doesn't say alumina on My-GCSE Science.com or in the text book or revision guide though

Yeah you should be okay, alumina isn't on the specification, AQA endorsed te books or revision guides either
Has anyone come across a c3 and b3 unofficial mark schemem? Will be much appreciated.
Original post by Blueturquoise
I thought the chemistry exams were really good! Found B2 really weird. I think i got 47 in C2 and C3 so hopefully A* and 43 in B2 so literally just an A*. B3 may have been 45 not suree!

I revised hard for B2 & B3 and felt the exams were quite easy walking out, so I ended up taking Chemistry much less seriously knowing how easy past papers have been!
C2 was genuinely quite easy, and most of C3 was straightforward as well - it's just that 5 marker that had me questioning my self throughout the damn answer! Everybody seems to have got different calculations on the last few questions and now I'm somewhat unsure of them as well.
I imagine A* will probably be like 47 for C2 and 43 for C3, probably got about 52 and 42 respectively. Onto Unit 1s!
Original post by Palette
Easiest: C2
Easy: B2
Hard: P3
Hardest: C3

Easiest; p3
C3
P2
C2
B2
Hardest: B3
Easiest: P2
C2
C3
P3
B3
B2

Which was weird bc I always thought of Biology being easier than all the others...
Reply 1675
I did Additional Science last year, so I've only done Unit 3 so far and here's how I found them:
Easiest: B3
P3
Hardest C3

I feel like I haven't done as well in these though. I'm hoping for an A/A* but I fear I might get lower :frown:
Original post by Yathink?
Has anyone come across a c3 and b3 unofficial mark schemem? Will be much appreciated.

If you find one could you forward it to me?
Can you give me the link for B1, C1 and P1 thread?
Original post by TheSurrealTV
Can you give me the link for B1, C1 and P1 thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3145369
Reply 1679
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for Chemistry Unit 3 2015 paper? If so please can someone send me the link. Sorry this is a bit late, I've just been worrying about it! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending