The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Ok so people seem to be thinking that La Publicité is unlikely now, but La Musique is still very likely right?? I'm kinda getting in a panic now bc if La Publicité doesn't come up La Musique is the only other one I'm really confident on........ and if neither come up I am ROYALLY SCREWED :s-smilie:
Original post by Saraaa_d
I'm actually in A2 and resitting. I got an A last year, but it was a low A and because my target grade for this year is an A*, i've got to get a high A this time round, as A2 is much harder. So, hopefully, 105 ish/110

Thought you need 80% in AS and 90% in A2 ? (and hence this wouldn't make a difference?)
Original post by Patrick2810
Thought you need 80% in AS and 90% in A2 ? (and hence this wouldn't make a difference?)

My teacher advised I resit, and so I am. Not particularly sure about the percentage required to get an A* overall, but pretty sure that if I get a really high A in my AS exam, and a solid A on my A2, i can just about manage an A*
I've looked at how AQA have set out their essays and have found that from 2012 the topic that did not appear as an essay topic in the previous paper will always appear in the next. Since popular culture did not come up last year, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume that something relating to popular culture will be appearing.
My teacher advised I resit, and so I am. Not particularly sure about the percentage required to get an A* overall, but pretty sure that if I get a really high A in my AS exam, and a solid A on my A2, i can just about manage an A*

I believe you need 80% overall and a 90% average in your A2 exams. This system sucks in a way because someone could potentially gather more UMS than someone else and still end up with an A while the other person gains an A* due to their performance at A2.
Original post by Claros
I believe you need 80% overall and a 90% average in your A2 exams. This system sucks in a way because someone could potentially gather more UMS than someone else and still end up with an A while the other person gains an A* due to their performance at A2.

90% in A2?? That seems impossible to achieve...
You're right, it does suck. I guess resitting gives us an advantage though, particularly with the essays, as our accuracy has defo improved over the course of 2 years! Hopefully we can bag a high A!!
Reply 186
You're right, it does suck. I guess resitting gives us an advantage though, particularly with the essays, as our accuracy has defo improved over the course of 2 years! Hopefully we can bag a high A!!

Original post by Claros

Could any of you pls grade my essay? /35?

I feel pretty confident about the listening and reading, did some practice earlier and found it so much easier than I did last year.

I ended up with a B last year, being only 1 UMS away from an A. I was advised to resit because I need to get an A overall in order to get into my top choice uni, so hopefully I can gain some extra marks in this exam!
What will be the question be like for music?
Will just be advantages and disadvantages or maybe why we listen to music
Original post by Claros
I feel pretty confident about the listening and reading, did some practice earlier and found it so much easier than I did last year.

I ended up with a B last year, being only 1 UMS away from an A. I was advised to resit because I need to get an A overall in order to get into my top choice uni, so hopefully I can gain some extra marks in this exam!

Reading and Listening's great, I agree. 1 UMS?? Ouch, well no doubt, you can get an A this time though! :smile:
You mentioned earlier that the paper will be slightly different, that's a bit daunting!
Are you doing French at uni then?
Original post by naxiv
Could any of you pls grade my essay? /35?

I could look at it, not sure if i could 'grade' it, but sure
Reading and Listening's great, I agree. 1 UMS?? Ouch, well no doubt, you can get an A this time though! :smile:
You mentioned earlier that the paper will be slightly different, that's a bit daunting!
Are you doing French at uni then?

My teacher believes that there may be fewer questions but they'll be more challenging for us. I don't think it will be anything drastic though.

I'm actually going to a masters in psychology, but the grades I need are A*AA so this is why I need an A in French this year.
Original post by faizanfaizan
What will be the question be like for music?
Will just be advantages and disadvantages or maybe why we listen to music

Maybe influence of artists and why do we listen anyway (what's the importance)?
Reply 193
I could look at it, not sure if i could 'grade' it, but sure

Spoiler

Original post by Claros
My teacher believes that there may be fewer questions but they'll be more challenging for us. I don't think it will be anything drastic though.

I'm actually going to a masters in psychology, but the grades I need are A*AA so this is why I need an A in French this year.

Ah i see.
That sounds great, i'm sure you'll get those grades too! I think an early night is necessary today, so, bonne chance :smile:
Ah i see.
That sounds great, i'm sure you'll get those grades too! I think an early night is necessary today, so, bonne chance :smile:

Bonne chance!
i hope sports come up! i dont think publicity will come up!

do you think sports could come up if so what type of question?
also the people that are saying the layout has changed is that AQA?
Right I'm off to bed now. Whatever happens, let's all just stay calm in the exam and do our best! There's no point in panicking. We'll answer everything as best we can and stay calm and that's the best we can do. And there's always the chance to retake if things don't go to plan. Bonne chance à tous! I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL. Night night :biggrin:
is this change in AQA? the layout
Original post by Claros

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending