Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

I had this exam last week and it was pretty good :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lou98
How did people get 9a?

The proving question?
Reply 3422
grade boundary prediction, i think 62-64 for an A?
Original post by Ha97

It's actually 73 for an A. This paper was the easiest paper to ever be made in a long time. You're all just dumb.
Reply 3424
Original post by kiara2345
Hi, I just did my c2, and after my c1, I don't think I'm gonna do that well. Generously, I've predicted myself a 45/75 and 56/75 for c1 and c2. I also have a mechanics exam, which if I try hard, I know I can get 74/75. I am also in the misfortune of being affected during my examinations so my school has applied for special consideration and said I'll be likely to get a 4/5%. My question is, if I get those following results, am I able to scrape an A somehow? please help. I'm not sure whether they will be add it to my overall grade or individual units, hence asking you guys. Thanks xx

yeah you should be able to. i was in a similar situation last year and i got an A overall. dont worry.
just focus on the coming exams

best of luck m8! :smile:
Original post by Jam3898
It's actually 73 for an A. This paper was the easiest paper to ever be made in a long time. You're all just dumb.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::mwuaha::mwuaha::mwuaha::mwuaha::mwuaha::mwuaha::lolwut::lolwut::mad::mad::mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lou98
How did people get 9a?

had to know the surface area of a cylinder formula 2pi r^2 + 2pi rh
then it told you it was £3 for the circle top and bottom and £2 for the flat bit
so do (3 x 2pi r^2) + (2x 2pi rh)

then use volume of cylinder formula = 75, rearrange for h and sub into surface area formula
Reply 3427
Original post by Jam3898
hahaha 73/75 for an A you gotta be kidding me lol
Original post by Ha97

It won't be that high many many people have found this to be that hardest paper yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3429
Original post by frances98
It won't be that high many many people have found this to be that hardest paper yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure that's what everyone says every year though :/
Original post by frances98

Realised after how simple the solution was, same as any other set up. 4/5 marks down the drain along with my hope.
When C1 was the easiest paper to date ... I didn't see no one commenting for the grade boundaries to go up ... the majority were screaming for it to go down because THEY did bad. Now they do well at C2 and they are screaming that the grade boundaries will be soooo much higher this year when the country in a whole found it fairly difficult. People in this thread that isn't one of those people stated above, don't listen to these guys on TSR boasting about their accomplishments in C2 and hiding away their C1 claiming what the boundaries will be because they don't know jack *** , all they are doing is basing it off their own performance. The grade boundaries are in the hands of edexcel, these predictions by people aren't even close to the way opinion polls are on elections. Keep your head up and work hard for your next exam.
I take a gander at 60/61 for an A - I think 62 is pushing it. It wasn't easy but it was doable.

EDIT: On second thought 60 is too low. 61 for sure I think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by El-Presidente
I take a gander at 60/61 for an A - I think 62 is pushing it. It wasn't easy but it was doable.

EDIT: On second thought 60 is too low. 61 for sure I think.

you mad brah? and you're a retake student, last year's paper was much harder lets be honest
62 A max
I'm doing A2 maths but re-sat C2 and personally I didn't find it too bad however ,it was a bastard of a paper to those who haven't learnt things in c3&4 , you didn't need to know the content of c3&4 but c2 becomes a lot simpler when you've done these and you find its much easier to analyse a question. But I do feel sorry for all the AS peeps who found it difficult!i know the feeling, I had it last year but you can retake next year so it's not all doom gloom and despair!
Original post by TheMathsMan
When C1 was the easiest paper to date ... I didn't see no one commenting for the grade boundaries to go up ... the majority were screaming for it to go down because THEY did bad. Now they do well at C2 and they are screaming that the grade boundaries will be soooo much higher this year when the country in a whole found it fairly difficult. People in this thread that isn't one of those people stated above, don't listen to these guys on TSR boasting about their accomplishments in C2 and hiding away their C1 claiming what the boundaries will be because they don't know jack *** , all they are doing is basing it off their own performance. The grade boundaries are in the hands of edexcel, these predictions by people aren't even close to the way opinion polls are on elections. Keep your head up and work hard for your next exam.

Well said!
Original post by frozo123
you mad brah? and you're a retake student, last year's paper was much harder lets be honest
62 A max

I did last years paper and got 73/75 the day before the exam, I was happy to have improved on my C from last year but I still managed to balls up parts of this paper lol. At the best I got 69, worst probably 65/66.

But, last years paper was harder. Which is why I definitely think it will be higher - not much higher though - which is why I said 61. People who say 'So easy omg 63' are having a giggle.
Original post by El-Presidente
I did last years paper and got 73/75 the day before the exam, I was happy to have improved on my C from last year but I still managed to balls up parts of this paper lol. At the best I got 69, worst probably 65/66.

But, last years paper was harder. Which is why I definitely think it will be higher - not much higher though - which is why I said 61. People who say 'So easy omg 63' are having a giggle.

Yeah but half of tsr will be like " yo I did a c3 paper and I got 80% and I'm a year 12,what's the hype " exam conditions are what makes maths exams hard..
Although loads of year12s found it hard, a bunch of my mates were like that was piss so boundaries will be roughly the same 62A I reckon
Original post by skittles100
Yeah im in the exact same situation, we need to get 68 minimum in s1 or m1 for a A

Posted from TSR Mobile

68!!!!! Is it out of 75. This seems very unlikely that I'm gonna do hit
Looked at the unofficial mark scheme. I think i got 72, i forgot to do the factors of f(x) question :L. Anyway, what do you think 100% UMS will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending