The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sazzledazzle
i found the sources quite difficult to use but i did that. What did you talk about for provenance?

I thought sources 4&5 was okay but source 6 was really vague. For provenance I said 4&5 were likely to be historians so should have had good knowledge. And for source 6 I said how the times was seen as a reliable newspaper during the war so would be accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sazzledazzle
yeah I did, thought it was quite a good question tbh as you could cross reference loads and good provenances.

I found this too, the sources were very easy to understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhys241196
What did (any of you who studied India) put in terms of weighting and reliability of sources 10,11 and 12 in question A?

For source 10 and 11 I just wrote how they were by Congress and both Nehru's who were radical Indian nationalists. I also said how they believed they represented all of India and they had their own agenda they wanted to pursue hence they didn't like the reforms since it protected the Muslims. So those sources needed to be treated with caution.

For source 12 I just wrote how its from a Muslim and he was glad that the reforms protected the Muslim Indians and how it was written in 1954, nearly 50 years after the reforms were passed so the views might not be exactly correct.
Overall I think the exam went pretty well, much better than unit 1 since the questions were far more nicer. I did Britain in India and I answered the 40 marker on WW2, the 20 marker was absolutely lovely. :biggrin:
Original post by _Holly
if you mean option E, reponding to change, I did! Re sat from last year. Not sure how I feel about it, what about you?

I thought it was okay actually! I wasn't confident with the topic of reality tv shows but luckily it was a part a so own knowledge wasn't really needed! What question did you do for Part B I did the first one on racial minorities?? I'm sure you did well!
Original post by alvosm
did that one! not sure about parta a, thought the sources were a little bit tricky. chose the one of racial minorities for part b!

I did the racial minorities question too! What did you write for it?
Reply 666
Original post by gcsestudent123
I thought it was okay actually! I wasn't confident with the topic of reality tv shows but luckily it was a part a so own knowledge wasn't really needed! What question did you do for Part B I did the first one on racial minorities?? I'm sure you did well!

haha I bet you did too:smile: and yeah exactly! I was so pushed for timing throughout though, that exam is so short:frown: ooh yeah me too I did that one!! can you remember the exact question because I've been panicking I might have read it wrong lol?! what sort of stuff did you write for part b?:-)
Who did the political factions question? Henry VIII????
Original post by _Holly
haha I bet you did too:smile: and yeah exactly! I was so pushed for timing throughout though, that exam is so short:frown: ooh yeah me too I did that one!! can you remember the exact question because I've been panicking I might have read it wrong lol?! what sort of stuff did you write for part b?:-)

I think the question was 'How far do you agree that television helped to show racial minorities in a positive light?' yeah the timing is ridiculous! I wrote about Enoch Powell and the Rivers of Blood, and then other television shows that were about racial minorities like Till Death Us Do Part, Curry and Chips, Love Thy Neighbour, The Melting Pot and Desmonds and then just explained a bit about them and how they showed racial minorities!
Original post by john123412

I did Henry as well but the wolsey question. didnt get the factions one at all or it was probably the stress ahah. how did you find the 20 marker?
Reply 670
I think the question was 'How far do you agree that television helped to show racial minorities in a positive light?' yeah the timing is ridiculous! I wrote about Enoch Powell and the Rivers of Blood, and then other television shows that were about racial minorities like Till Death Us Do Part, Curry and Chips, Love Thy Neighbour, The Melting Pot and Desmonds and then just explained a bit about them and how they showed racial minorities!

sounds good!! and okay good that's what I thought it was haha phew, thanks for the reassurance!
Original post by natasha037
I did Henry as well but the wolsey question. didnt get the factions one at all or it was probably the stress ahah. how did you find the 20 marker?

The sources didn't really give much to say but cross referencing was fairly easy.

Really? It was fairly easy. U just talk about factors that influences Henry's decision to push Protestantism. Like Cromwell, Anne boelyn, his own beliefs and corruption of the cherish
The sources didn't really give much to say but cross referencing was fairly easy.

Really? It was fairly easy. U just talk about factors that influences Henry's decision to push Protestantism. Like Cromwell, Anne boelyn, his own beliefs and corruption of the cherish

oh well, i think i did quite well on wolsey aha coz my teacher had predicted it to come up! hope we'll get the grades we need

yeah i did that question too... im really worried that i answered it wrong though, because lierally no one else at my school did that questions just me :/ what did you write about factions?
Original post by _Holly

Were you doing mass media and social change in Britain? I did that one! What part B did you do? and how did you find it?
Original post by Indafina
Were you doing mass media and social change in Britain? I did that one! What part B did you do? and how did you find it?

I did that one too! I did racial minorities what did you do??
Original post by lucyx
Worst exam yet :frown:
Did women's suffrage and thought the two B essays were evil: the first one was so specific and it would be hard to find enough to say about one act for 40 marks so I did the second one about involvement in public life but all my own knowledge was IN the sources so I couldn't really add much :frown:
I'd been getting pretty much 40/40 in all my practice essays and I knew all the dates and legislation so well but I couldn't fit any of it into the question as everything I did know was already there!
So gutted :frown:

SAAAAAMEEE Oml ffs i am so pissed off, i stuck with the first one and had literally nothing to write fml
I did that one too! I did racial minorities what did you do??

I did the race ones too! I think it went well but I'm not sure about my conclusion
Original post by Indafina
I did the race ones too! I think it went well but I'm not sure about my conclusion

What own knowledge did you include? I think the most important part is the main body of the essay so as long as thats fine then I'm sure the conclusion won't affect you too much!
What own knowledge did you include? I think the most important part is the main body of the essay so as long as thats fine then I'm sure the conclusion won't affect you too much!

I used examples of TV shows (both positivie and negative) like till death do us part, fawlty towers, brookside and eastenders. I used some other examples of TV personalities like Garth Crooks and Lenny Henry. For broader points I used the 1981 riots and TVs coverage of them and wider social changes (like equality in sport) which were just reflected on TV.
I hope I did enough because I felt quite confident while writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending