The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 2 Education and Research Methods Forum

Scroll to see replies

Which sociologists would you mention for education policies
(edited 8 years ago)
Polarisation is the reaction to differentiation (streaming). For example becoming part of an anti-school or pro-school subculture
Original post by H-Ali1
Can someone please tell me their predictions on what is bound to come up in the E & MIC essays

Education polices
Relationships and processes in schools
Social class
Gender identities or gender subject choice
Ethnicity
Reply 563
I'm really stressing out about trying to remember the names of studies 😭 for a 20 marker how many names do I need to remember for a good grade? I can remember other facts and stuff just not their names 😰😰
sosososo stuck, quite a few people are saying reseach methods question might be on experiments?
how would you write an essay on that?;s
Original post by nosaucethanks
If educationap policies come up, does anyone knoe if we HAVE to mention coalition policies, as none of my textbooks mention them due to being a few years old.

That wasn't one I learnt about
There are others such as
Free schools
Sponsored academies
Open Enrolment
Vocational education
Curriculum
And Greater autonomy
Reply 566
Original post by LEC1
I'm really stressing out about trying to remember the names of studies 😭 for a 20 marker how many names do I need to remember for a good grade? I can remember other facts and stuff just not their names 😰😰

You need at least 3 sociologists per essay! Try and use this many in the 12 markers too:smile:

I am literally freaking out though as I can only remember like 3 for the whole unit!:'( just praying that if I forget I won't lose too many marks...
Night guys Good Luck
Original post by samiha16
That wasn't one I learnt about
There are others such as
Free schools
Sponsored academies
Open Enrolment
Vocational education
Curriculum
And Greater autonomy

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Unpreppedstudent
Which sociologists would you mention for education policies

Ball
Curtis
Thompson
Growler
Mirza
Original post by LEC1

6 sociologists would cover it
ie- introduction, methodological location (positivism/interpretive am), 6 points and a conclusion
Original post by marc7410
Ball
Curtis
Thompson
Growler
Mirza

thanks
Good luck guys ❤️ you will all do great x

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck everyone
Reply 574
good luck everyone! I'm so scared..
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 576
AMAZING!!! And you?
That was such a great paper!
For the 20 marker for education did you have to mention gender , ethnicity and class or would have it been fine to just do social inequalities? Because some people in my class did all 3 social groups..
Omg , the only bad thing i found about the exam was RESEARCH METHODS 20 MARKER

HOW CAN A 20 MARKER BE ON PROBLEMS FOR OFFICIAL STATISTICS LOL

but i attempted it and blabbed on, did like a page and a half for the question!

Everything else was perfect.. just annoyed that i learnt so many sociologists and didn't even have to hardly mention them in the paper LOL
Yeh I really liked the paper! All the questions suited me and what I predicted that would come up did!
Yes it is SEG
Social class
Ethnicity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending