The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Omg i got 12 too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AvKar
It's odd bc I'm pretty sure I did the higher paper too like one of the users further up who put the mark scheme up but I didn't have some questions that he had 😕😕 also shouldn't they make people aware of security breaches?

This is the wierdest exam i have had. lol , but the thing is so many people are saying that there were slightly different questions ! Surely not everyone is a retard lol
Reply 1782
Yeah I agree
Reply 1783
Original post by nadilloo
Wait wait someone brief me up- there were two different papers for the same thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know there are different papers for additional science compared to triple, and obv foundation vs higher, but I didn't have 1 or 2 questions that a guy further up the thread had and it seems like we both did the higher paper for triple science!
Original post by AvKar
I know there are different papers for additional science compared to triple, and obv foundation vs higher, but I didn't have 1 or 2 questions that a guy further up the thread had and it seems like we both did the higher paper for triple science!

Curse you AQA , for perplexing us ! , shall we contact them and go on a mass march in their london headquarters to find out ?
Original post by Eshanth
This year the exam board have changed how the grades work so its basically the same as double science because you get an overall grade for your unit 1's(c1, p1, p2) an overall GCSE for unit 2 and what's different is we get grade for the unit 3. The physics ISA is used in unit 1 grade, chem ISA is unit 2 and biology ISA is unit3

That wouldn't make sense though, because I did B1, B2, and B3 last year so I got an overall grade for Biology.

This year I'm doing Chemistry and Physics so my overall grade can't be for each unit, if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1786
Original post by MrTechGamer
This is the wierdest exam i have had. lol , but the thing is so many people are saying that there were slightly different questions ! Surely not everyone is a retard lol

Hahah I hope not!! i have no idea what's happened with it but it doesn't really make a difference to me now I've done it 😅
Reply 1787
Curse you AQA , for perplexing us ! , shall we contact them and go on a mass march in their london headquarters to find out ?

That's a perfect idea. We can complain about their uber specific and annoying mark schemes while we are there too 💪
Original post by nadilloo
That wouldn't make sense though, because I did B1, B2, and B3 last year so I got an overall grade for Biology.

This year I'm doing Chemistry and Physics so my overall grade can't be for each unit, if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone please IN DETAIL EXPLAIN HOW TRIPLE SCIENCE GRADES ARE CALCULATED FOR EACH SCIENCE
am i right in saying that the rocket in p2 was increasing in velocity , due to accelaration or am i wrong ?
Reply 1790
Does anyone know the answers to the question about what happens to the eye when it focuses on a faraway object??????
Original post by AvKar
That's a perfect idea. We can complain about their uber specific and annoying mark schemes while we are there too 💪

Agreed , I will encourage the MyGcseScience man to join in . Maybe we should make this go on BBC news or maybe we can kidnap them and steal their A-level exam papers as rightful compensation. Whatever happens , always know that these AQA buggers are not that harsh because their exam papers were easier than last year.
Original post by Sciencefreak1
Someone please IN DETAIL EXPLAIN HOW TRIPLE SCIENCE GRADES ARE CALCULATED FOR EACH SCIENCE

It depends on the route your school choose.
Its either you do B3,P3 and C3 in year which is further additional
whereas you could do all of biology one year, chemistry then physics
Original post by Sciencefreak1

YOU GET A BIOLOGY GRADE WHICH CONSISTS OF B1, B2, B3 IF YOU DO TRIPLE AND YOUR ISA GRADE.
You also get a Chemistry and Physics grade in the same way, does that make more sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your cilary muscles relax , they become thinner and less curved. (p.s i think)

Yep, thats what I wrote and for the bright light its the iris that controls the intensity of the light taken in...
Original post by DarkAvenger
Yep, thats what I wrote and for the bright light its the iris that controls the intensity of the light taken in...

Spot on bud.
Spot on bud.

Cheers :smile:
I think moderators are deleting loads of comments from here. They've deleted 11 pages worth XD
Original post by DarkAvenger

The way i remembered it was , that your eyes hurt looking at close objects , so your muscles or something have to contract , when it contracts it becomes larger or more curvier
The way i remembered it was , that your eyes hurt looking at close objects , so your muscles or something have to contract , when it contracts it becomes larger or more curvier

It was literally my last question, and I was just staring at the bricks in the sports hall and I had the same revelation!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending