The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Slept 19hours last night. My psychologist thinks this might be a problem. However, the less I'm awake the less I have to deal with the voices and thoughts. :sigh:
Yo gang
Original post by Sabertooth
Slept 19hours last night. My psychologist thinks this might be a problem. However, the less I'm awake the less I have to deal with the voices and thoughts. :sigh:

Sleep is awesome when you get it, so, pfft to your psychologist. :wink:

On a serious note, yeah, 19 hours straight might develop into a problem. Sadly not a long term solution to the voices.
I have to get my bloods taken tomorrow. Haven't in 4 years. Last time it took the nurse 20 minutes to do it because you can't see my veins much in my arm. It's even worse now.
Original post by CescaD96
Sleep is awesome when you get it, so, pfft to your psychologist. :wink:

On a serious note, yeah, 19 hours straight might develop into a problem. Sadly not a long term solution to the voices.

Sleep is indeed awesome :five:

The problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be any long-term solution. Psychiatrist put my meds up a bit a few weeks ago and yet things are still deteriorating. :frown:

Are you scared of needles or anything? I guess if they're jabbing you multiple times to find a vein it'd be a pain in the ass.
Sleep is indeed awesome :five:

The problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be any long-term solution. Psychiatrist put my meds up a bit a few weeks ago and yet things are still deteriorating. :frown:

Are you scared of needles or anything? I guess if they're jabbing you multiple times to find a vein it'd be a pain in the ass.

Yay sleep! :woo:

Aw, that's rubbish. :console: Are they considering changing your meds?

I'm not afraid of needles, I just don't like the feeling of them going in and taking my blood out / putting something into me. Ugh.

I had a call from my psychologist today; on Friday they are considering taken me off Q after today's mess.
Yay sleep! :woo:

Aw, that's rubbish. :console: Are they considering changing your meds?

I'm not afraid of needles, I just don't like the feeling of them going in and taking my blood out / putting something into me. Ugh.

I had a call from my psychologist today; on Friday they are considering taken me off Q after today's mess.

I've tried pretty much every antipsychotic so god knows what my psychiatrist will recommend doing.

Yeah it is a bit of a mind-**** when stuff comes out/goes in but I'm one of those curious people that likes to watch :tongue: I hope it goes well for you and the results work in your favor (whatever that might be). :smile:

What happened today? (if you want to talk about it - if not that's cool too). Tbh if your head is hurting that much and you're still really sleepy it might be a good idea to try something different. :dontknow:
I have to get my bloods taken tomorrow. Haven't in 4 years. Last time it took the nurse 20 minutes to do it because you can't see my veins much in my arm. It's even worse now.

Im awful with blood tests! Have to lay down now cos they struggle so much and im prone to feinting even though needles dont bother me and i can watch them take it! Only cos i get bored cos my bloods so slow!

Hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just one exam left now :biggrin:. This one is probably the hardest, as it is maths :ninja:. At least it is a morning one so it is out of the way quickly! After that I just want time to myself. Reckon I did ok in today's one, as well as yesterday's.
I've tried pretty much every antipsychotic so god knows what my psychiatrist will recommend doing.

Yeah it is a bit of a mind-**** when stuff comes out/goes in but I'm one of those curious people that likes to watch :tongue: I hope it goes well for you and the results work in your favor (whatever that might be). :smile:

What happened today? (if you want to talk about it - if not that's cool too). Tbh if your head is hurting that much and you're still really sleepy it might be a good idea to try something different. :dontknow:

Oh dear. :frown: That doesn't sound too good.

I don't even know why I'm getting them done, the cmht just requested it.

Migraine still present. Pandol was taken. It was so bad that my school seriously considered withdrawing me from my exam, but I did it anyway.

We're still putting in special circumstances though.

I'm so damn tired though.
Original post by PandaWho
Im awful with blood tests! Have to lay down now cos they struggle so much and im prone to feinting even though needles dont bother me and i can watch them take it! Only cos i get bored cos my bloods so slow!

Hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully I am not too bad!
Oh dear. :frown: That doesn't sound too good.

I don't even know why I'm getting them done, the cmht just requested it.

Migraine still present. Pandol was taken. It was so bad that my school seriously considered withdrawing me from my exam, but I did it anyway.

We're still putting in special circumstances though.

I'm so damn tired though.

I'm surprised they didn't give you a blood test before starting you on medication. Depressive and psychotic symptoms can be caused by physical rather than mental problems sometimes so generally they like to rule that out before giving you meds. Although it could be related to the Q; it can affect blood sugar levels as well as hormones like prolactin so they might be doing it to see if that's the case.

Huge well done on doing it anyway! Putting in the extenuating circumstances is a good backup but hopefully you did ok.
(edited 8 years ago)

Please spoiler this.
I'm surprised they didn't give you a blood test before starting you on medication. Depressive and psychotic symptoms can be caused by physical rather than mental problems sometimes so generally they like to rule that out before giving you meds. Although it could be related to the Q; it can affect blood sugar levels as well as hormones like prolactin so they might be doing it to see if that's the case.

Huge well done on doing it anyway! Putting in the extenuating circumstances is a good backup but hopefully you did ok.

I thought it was odd too but at least I am getting them done now. :smile:

Thank you! It was tough going but it was a nice paper.
Original post by cuppa
I'm just feelin even more mopey than usual cos I realised that I'm going to be separated from my friends I only just made. and we don't have enough of that friendship yet to keep it going into uni and I'm so horribly upset. I will still have my closer friends but it just feels horrible and i don't want to be experiencing this. My whole confidence about uni was in the idea that me and this close friend will be going to the same one, as we have the same choices. What if not though? That will destroy me

You will meet more people at university than you've ever met before. You've managed to befriend these people so you're clearly capable of making friends, you just need to apply that once you get to university. I know going it alone seems really scary but I have faith in you making new awesome friends.
Abuse TW

Spoiler

You're 17, near enough an adult, and the fact that you want to face this head on is very brave of you, and your GP will respect that. You won't be seen as a child, you'll be seen as someone who is ready to take control of their problems and not let them rule your life.

I understand what you mean about the whole good child thing. I'm the eldest of 3 and my brother is dyslexic and borderline ADHD, and a lot of attention is on him. I'm the "smart" one of the family. That's what made it so hard for me to tell my Daddy that I was ill. In fact - I've still not told him about my voices. :colondollar:

I went to my GP on the 13th February, and since I was deemed an urgent case, I was referred to my local cmht and was in with them on the 20th March. In 90 minutes they had my initial diagnosis and I've been on antidepressants since the 1st of April. I'm in weekly now for therapy and check ups since they are not sure of some things.

If you ever need to chat, PM me, really. I get the exam pressure. A Levels are horrendous. :smile:

Yeah if you look at it that way, I hope people at the GP wont be patronizing or dismissive, I HATE when people are like that. Makes me just want to act normal and smiley and just go :L

That's exactly my situation! Except its both my brothers with disorders and both of them getting attention for different reasons and different situations. So its like even worse:L And yes I'm meant to be the "smart one" and going to medical school etc I really hope this doesn't affect my application...

Okay will do ^^ Thanks<3
I was aiming to do 30 lectures today or near that at least and then do the rest tomorrow (I have 42 lectures to cover for my exam on Saturday). So far I have done...4.
I am so annoyed at myself. How can I be so easily distracted? It's not like I've done anything else today. I have sat here with my notes open and wasted the day.
Have coffee and the ability to function on little sleep so new plan is to get through as many as I can have a shower do some more. I don't want to have to cover anything on Friday because I feel like that should be a day for reviewing everything and past papers.

This is the subject I find interesting too :facepalm:
wtf is going on with me. I am so toxic. mood is horrible, most miserable I have been in months yet I am so agitated im climbing the walls. how is that even a thing? I just need escape my skin asap

Latest