The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This is just poor from you, sorry but it really is.

Ambitions vary dependent on circumstances. We're not going to throw a hissy fit like most of you lot every week if results aren't the best.

Brb finished 7th last season, this season's plan to finish in top 4, virtually already done that, still complains about the 'failure'.

Yeah cos you lots were such strong title challengers :biggrin:

Woah Prod is so sassy tonight

Original post by Lúcio
i normally like you as a poster, but this is terrible.

i live in newcastle.
i work right next to St James Park.
i don't supoort them so i'm not biased; they're great fans with excellent support.

they have a ruthless owner who cares about money instead of them, and you expect them to be happy about that?
i don't think you realise just how strong the support is in newcastle, so it's disappointing to see you make awful assumptions like that.

They are faithful, but many of their fans are deluded about just how big Newcastle as a club is. Ten years ago their expectations would've been fair enough, but they need to realise they are a mid-table club, and firing managers isn't going to help them. Yes, the owner is a prat, but they constantly complain about the manager, the players, and everything in between. They are great fans, but they could do with being sent down to the Championship. Not only to rebuild as a club and a squad, but also to readjust their expectations.
Original post by al_94
Barcelona's international sporting director Ariedo Braida says the club plan to keep him.
"Pedro is, and will remain, a Barcelona player," Braida told FC Inter News.
"He's a very important player for us, and will not leave in the summer. He has a contract, and will remain at Camp Nou, even more so since we have a transfer ban.
"Could he leave in January? I don't think so. He'll definitely stay until January. I repeat: he's an important player, and will stay at Barcelona."

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-blow-liverpool-and-arsenal-target-will-not-leave-barcelona-summer-150515146940#vvqCXDxzQ9M0pBvx.99

FC Inter News - were Inter our main 'rivals' for Pedro when the rumour was spread about his availability?
Reply 542
Original post by Lúcio
i normally like you as a poster, but this is terrible.

i live in newcastle.
i work right next to St James Park.
i don't supoort them so i'm not biased; they're great fans with excellent support.

they have a ruthless owner who cares about money instead of them, and you expect them to be happy about that?
i don't think you realise just how strong the support is in newcastle, so it's disappointing to see you make awful assumptions like that.

yeah no.
we've had this discussion sr - why should newcastle go down?
they have terrible ownership; not the fault of the fans.
in fact, they carry on going to game after game, showing their support even at times like these - that's more than admirable.

i know you have your own opinion and you're entitled to it, but i don't expect a post like this from the main moderator on the football forum.

I'm from the north east, Newcastle fans are amongst the most deluded in the league. They are passionate but very deluded.

Not a Sunderland supporter here
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
They are faithful, but many of their fans are deluded about just how big Newcastle as a club is. Ten years ago their expectations would've been fair enough, but they need to realise they are a mid-table club, and firing managers isn't going to help them. Yes, the owner is a prat, but they constantly complain about the manager, the players, and everything in between. They are great fans, but they could do with being sent down to the Championship. Not only to rebuild as a club and a squad, but also to readjust their expectations.

exactly; they are faithful.
you're understating their positives and overstating their negatives; that's the problem i have here.

newcastle historically are one of the biggest english clubs, but i agree they aren't anymore.
however they certainly aren't a tier 2 club in the long run.
perhaps a few years in the championship would help, but the fact is that as long as ashley is there, they will always have this problem.

i don't think you fully understand how terrible the ownership is.
he is one of the best people i've ever seen at making money, but his morality is atrocious and when you're looking at a game as passionate as football, those things just do not fit together well.

newcastle are a long-standing club with long-serving fans; the support is very emotional and the supporters really do care.
yes the owner is a cretin, but wishing another club to go down like that is disappointing to see.
especially when sr90 comes in and said he wants his own team to lose just so it happens.
Original post by Dexa
I'm from the north east, Newcastle fans are amongst the most deluded in the league. They are passionate but very deluded.

i assume you're a sunderland supporter then - no bias to see here... :rolleyes:
Reply 545
Original post by Arkasia
FC Inter News - were Inter our main 'rivals' for Pedro when the rumour was spread about his availability?

It's because of the prospect of them signing Kovacic from Inter.
They need to shift Pedro and Xavi asap and I hope we buy one of them, they are the catalysts of Barca's quick succession tiki-taka play even though Pedro remains benched half the time, can see them being an inspiration at any club.
Reply 547
Original post by Lúcio

newcastle are a long-standing club with long-serving fans; the support is very emotional and the supporters really do care.
yes the owner is a cretin, but wishing another club to go down like that is disappointing to see.
especially when sr90 comes in and said he wants his own team to lose just so it happens.

Did you see what position they were in while Pardew was in charge? And how far they've plummeted? Their players were seen wearing flip flops after a game despite the crises they were in. They have shown no intent to remain in the top flight, and should never have entered a relegation scrap.

A club like this deserves to be relegated.
Yeah, have to say most fans don't understand how bad it is being ran into the ground by an owner that only cares about the cash. They can try & empathise all they want but nah, they don't know.
Original post by al_94
It's because of the prospect of them signing Kovacic from Inter.

Oh right, that makes sense, Kovacic will be amazing in the future.

Original post by Stefano93
They need to shift Pedro and Xavi asap and I hope we buy one of them, they are the catalysts of Barca's quick succession tiki-taka play even though Pedro remains benched half the time, can see them being an inspiration at any club.

Xavi is going to Qatar for big money.
Original post by Lúcio
exactly; they are faithful.
you're understating their positives and overstating their negatives; that's the problem i have here.

newcastle historically are one of the biggest english clubs, but i agree they aren't anymore.
however they certainly aren't a tier 2 club in the long run.
perhaps a few years in the championship would help, but the fact is that as long as ashley is there, they will always have this problem.

i don't think you fully understand how terrible the ownership is.
he is one of the best people i've ever seen at making money, but his morality is atrocious and when you're looking at a game as passionate as football, those things just do not fit together well.

But faithful supporters deserve respect, not success. I understand how bad Ashley is, it's like when we were rebuilding and moved to the emirates, and selling our good players year in year out, although we did it out of necessity, and Ashley does it because he wants more money and doesn't give a damn about the fans. Again, that's a problem with the owner, and I dislike the way they treated/treat Pardew, it just stunk of petty, expectant fans blaming the only guy they could get to.

Also, I said that whilst my reasons for wanting to Newcastle to go down is partially because the fans need to be knocked down a peg (and the current squad doesn't deserve to stay up), I also think they need to go down so they can consolidate and rebuild. It's the same for QPR, and most of my QPR-supporting friends agreed with me when I said that going down was the best thing for QPR. Don't blow sr90's comment out of proportion, he's a decent guy, and I'm sure it was just an exaggeration made in the heat of the moment. We all do it, the FF is built on people making retrospectively stupid comments.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Yeah, have to say most fans don't understand how bad it is being ran into the ground by an owner that only cares about the cash. They can try & empathise all they want but nah, they don't know.

i'm not even gonna bother replying to the others because you're right; they don't understand.

even i don't fully understand and i see supporters every single day.
it's one thing disliking a club for whatever reason, but actuvely wishing them to go down and actively criticising the supporters is a bloody disgrace.

well done TSR, you've done it again...
Original post by Lúcio

i know you have your own opinion and you're entitled to it, but i don't expect a post like this from the main moderator on the football forum.

Is this like serious or are you joking? Honestly can't tell. Newcastle fans are a joke, hope the club goes down as they're a parasite to the league anyway.
Original post by Lúcio
i'm not even gonna bother replying to the others because you're right; they don't understand.

Oh, right, I see. Our opinions mean **** all, and you won't even lower yourself to answering them.

Got it. :yy:
Christ, Giroud needs a rest. Drop him this weekend and give him some breathing space before the final.

You were very poor for the first 30 minutes, and only Ospina really impressed me. Bellerin is great going forward, but it's a shame that is counterbalanced by Gibbs' inability to pick out a pass in the final third.

Sunderland went with a game plan and stuck to it, though. Playing nine or ten behind the ball and fighting for their lives meant that play was always going to get clogged, and you seemed to run out of ideas and played far too narrow towards the end.

Walcott's introductions against United and last night against Sunderland swung both games in your favour, though. Really good impact sub from Wenger - but will he start him at Wembley?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This is just poor from you, sorry but it really is.

Ambitions vary dependent on circumstances. We're not going to throw a hissy fit like most of you lot every week if results aren't the best.

Brb finished 7th last season, this season's plan to finish in top 4, virtually already done that, still complains about the 'failure'.

Yeah cos you lots were such strong title challengers :biggrin:

I love it when you put people in their place :sexface:

Why don't you ever do it to me?
Once again, you can't blame the Newcastle fans for the state of their club. They've been one of the top supported clubs for years & years which says a lot considering Cashley is more than happy to sit in 17th & take them as far as the dizzying heights of the 3rd round of the cups. Of course they're going to bang on about what a big club they are, what else do they have to shout about?

Aside from the odd retard in every fan base (thinking of that horse punching Geordie), St. James Park certainly is more electric than the Emirates, the Etihad & WHL.

Original post by ChickenMadness
I love it when you put people in their place :sexface:

Why don't you ever do it to me?

Pls not here
Aidy Ward deserves an MBE for that reply.
Original post by Zürich
Always felt there was something quite undignified about Sunderland fans actually....

fair to say I got a bit carried away last night (unsurprisingly.) I really don't mind Arsenal so maybe I took the criticism a bit too far but you've got to be annoyed that Fletcher had the best chance of the game despite your 80% possession.

Latest