The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesgates1
Looked at the unofficial mark scheme. I think i got 72, i forgot to do the factors of f(x) question :L. Anyway, what do you think 100% UMS will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i found it dreadful but would have done alot better if i didnt do silly mistakes , i reckon i got 60-62 for c1 and 58-60 in c2 m if i get a mid/high A in s1 can i still get an A ? :/
my guesses are:

60 for an A in C1
61 for an A in C2
For the geometric sequence question when I was working it out I did a(1-r) instead of a(1+r) how many marks do you think I can get out of 6 for ecf, all my other workings were correct
Reply 3444
What is 68 raw marks in ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if this already came up but there's 173 pages to this... How did you guys express cosx in terms of k? I used the quadratic formula....
I need the mark scheme for C1, if anyone knows the link can you please tell me, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LordJT
For the geometric sequence question when I was working it out I did a(1-r) instead of a(1+r) how many marks do you think I can get out of 6 for ecf, all my other workings were correct

I think you would only lose a mark and they would market with method error but if your answer is different you would get 2 marks max

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joshjones453
Very wishful thinking for C2, absolute minimum will be 60/61 for an A (wouldn't be surprised if it was higher), will not drop below that I can reassure you. The paper is designed to be accessible to all candidates, with the last few questions being the difference between a candidate getting a C, B or an A.

A few years ago it was 54 for an A and the paper was much easier (for me) than this one was so it could definitely drop below 60. Also, your lack of sympathy for the woman's son who is clearly an able mathematician it's quite startling. You're feelings are somewhat understandable but it is rude and nothing short of cruel to express them so publicly in such an emotional time for her and her kid.
Original post by David_Waddell
Yeah I got an A in C1, trying to get at least a B in C2.

I'm just hoping I got an A in C1. I think I got a B in C2 after that exam.
How did you find it?
Original post by MadZler
Sorry if this already came up but there's 173 pages to this... How did you guys express cosx in terms of k? I used the quadratic formula....

I believe that would work as well. I didn't do this but this is how Arsey did it

4(1-cos^2x) + cos x = 4 - k
4 - 4 cos^2 x + cos x = 4 - k
4cos^2 x - cos x - k = 0
cos^2 x - 1/4cos x - 1/4 k = 0
(cos x - 1/8)^2 - 1/64 = k / 4 = 16k/64
cos x -1/8 = +-root16k+1/64
cos x = 1+- root16k+1 / 8

He completed the square, but yeah as I said quadratic formula is okay too I would think
Hi guys.

Wanted to asks bout yesterday's c2 paper. For the logs question part b, I started working out, done it wrong but started again and got 1/3 3/2 (correct answers). But I didn't cross out original working out.. Will I be deducted marks?
Please help, really worried
Reply 3452
Original post by Georgie Whyte
Hi guys.

Wanted to asks bout yesterday's c2 paper. For the logs question part b, I started working out, done it wrong but started again and got 1/3 3/2 (correct answers). But I didn't cross out original working out.. Will I be deducted marks?
Please help, really worried

No definitly not. But instead you should always do that and write down attempt one and attempt two. That way you could get method marks from one or another.

Also my yeacher told me that if u are not sure which method is correct then write down both becuase they will mark both of them.
Reply 3453
Can somebody tell me how many marks was to find area of shape using radian i forgot to do it
Original post by a.a.k
Can somebody tell me how many marks was to find area of shape using radian i forgot to do it

Look at the markscheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3455
link below 4 mark scheme
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3456
Original post by a.a.k

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3344369&p=56014875#post56014875
Reply 3457
Reply 3458
Lost about 15-20 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3459
How did people find the C2 exam yesterday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending