The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by badaman
I think haha ? :// Need to do more revision though. You?

need more revision i guess, im okay with certain chapters but the lymph area is still "meh", good luck to you :smile:
Original post by Dieselblue
did you do AQA or OCR?

edexcel
Reply 3462
Original post by a.a.k
Can somebody tell me how many marks was to find area of shape using radian i forgot to do it

3 Marks
Reply 3463
Is it possible to retake c1 or c2 next year to get an A overall
Original post by 12ST
Is it possible to retake c1 or c2 next year to get an A overall

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lompss
A few years ago it was 54 for an A and the paper was much easier (for me) than this one was so it could definitely drop below 60. Also, your lack of sympathy for the woman's son who is clearly an able mathematician it's quite startling. You're feelings are somewhat understandable but it is rude and nothing short of cruel to express them so publicly in such an emotional time for her and her kid.

Will most likely not drop below 60, stop comparing boundaries that are earlier than 2013, they have very little relevance.
Oh I do apologise, I think you'll find that getting an A* at GCSE maths doesn't make you an able mathematician, like I said before if you're resitting an exam and still doing bad you are obviously not an 'able mathematician' - he hasn't learnt from his mistakes and has suffered again, not my problem - I'm just saying it how it is.
All this 'emotional rubbish' and 'publicly 'doesn't bother me, I have no intention to show any sympathy towards people who think that just because you have a good grade at GCSE doesn't mean you're going to do well at AS level.
If he really wanted to go to uni, he would have worked a lot harder to do well in this exam. There was plenty resources available, and if all these resources were used, it was very straight forward to get full marks in this exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Quite out of topic, but has there been a topic for S1 revision yet?
Posted twice...ooops :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmonique
I'm just hoping I got an A in C1. I think I got a B in C2 after that exam.
How did you find it?

I thought it was alright. Left the trig question out. Think i got around 50-55/75. Hoping my M1 brings me up. wbu
Original post by joshjones453
Will most likely not drop below 60, stop comparing boundaries that are earlier than 2013, they have very little relevance.
Oh I do apologise, I think you'll find that getting an A* at GCSE maths doesn't make you an able mathematician, like I said before if you're resitting an exam and still doing bad you are obviously not an 'able mathematician' - he hasn't learnt from his mistakes and has suffered again, not my problem - I'm just saying it how it is.
All this 'emotional rubbish' and 'publicly 'doesn't bother me, I have no intention to show any sympathy towards people who think that just because you have a good grade at GCSE doesn't mean you're going to do well at AS level.
If he really wanted to go to uni, he would have worked a lot harder to do well in this exam. There was plenty resources available, and if all these resources were used, it was very straight forward to get full marks in this exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't know any more about the grade boundaries than anyone else, so stop pretending you do.
Original post by _thequeen
You don't know any more about the grade boundaries than anyone else, so stop pretending you do.

we shall see when the grade boundaries come out, who is right and who is wrong, I agree with josh but I can see your point aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3473
Do universities such as the Russell Group look at our overall UMS score alongside our grades.
I probably might get around the 240 borderline but would good universities accept me as it's just on an A
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by domcandrews
we shall see when the grade boundaries come out, who is right and who is wrong, I agree with josh but I can see your point aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, theres not much point theorising about the grade boundaries because no one really knows, and even if they did it wouldn't make any difference :P
Original post by Johann von Gauss
You are joking, right? The exam was in no way difficult; if you want to see what difficult really looks like, try a STEP paper. Besides, A-levels would be completely useless if everyone got good grades with them - Edexcel can't simply hand out certificates to anyone why sits!

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion so if you found it easy, Go you ! because you're probably one of extra smart people.. Average people like us did find it difficult and we'd like something to be done about it.
Original post by _thequeen
Exactly, theres not much point theorising about the grade boundaries because no one really knows, and even if they did it wouldn't make any difference :P

Very true ✔️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Woahh__x
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion so if you found it easy, Go you ! because you're probably one of extra smart people.. Average people like us did find it difficult and we'd like something to be done about it.

What do you want done?
I cannot see how this exam was hard if someone revised properly. If you didnt do sufficient revision fair enough that is your problem. If you did sufficient revision like all the edexcel papers and still got below B well then I won't comment. These boundaries will be 61 at the lowest and 62/63 for an A realistically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't that petition created for the C2 paper last year? it had no affect then and adding to it or creating a new one would have no influence now. There is a process for marking papers and determining appropriate and fair grade boundaries. The process will be followed and you will get the result that your work deserves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Btw, your message to the people who set the exams and if they were this hard. That C2 paper is a piece of cake compared to what they had in a levels back then. I will post a question here just to show you how hard they actually were.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest