The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

predictions for relationship cluster?
Reply 781
Also, did anyone realise t
Original post by izzymcarthur
Does anybody have any predictions for the relationships cluster for poetry?

As far as I'm aware the predictions are: In Paris is the you, Brothers, To His Coy Mistress and Sister Maude ☺️
Original post by Natalie15
I had my exam today, how did you find it?!

i was shocked when i saw the parris question cos i really did not think aqa would repeat a question.
i was even more shocked when i saw betrayal because i was thinking is that even a theme????
so i was gonna do parris but then i thought how many points could i really make about him; all i would be saying is parris is a prick, parris is a dick, parris is a weasle etc.
so for some ungodly reason i did betrayal which in the end i think went ok, could've been better but meh

and then the part a question for tkam was dumb as hell cos there was nothing to anayse in the extract but i quite like the mockingbird question and just talked about bae like boo :tongue:

wbu?
Reply 784
I wrote about the animal imagery, how she is represented as a fish and Lennie a bear ('paws'), and basically how bears prey on fish instinctively, so Lennie couldn't help himself, couldn't control killing her? Also how a fish was like 'bait' for the ranchers, like a trap to cause trouble..
Reply 785
Does anyone know what questions and poems are likely to come up tomorrow in the conflict cluster?
Are you guys also analysis an unseen poem ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G_J123
Does anyone know what questions and poems are likely to come up tomorrow in the conflict cluster?

Well Flag, The Falling Leaves and The Right Word apparently haven't come up before but knowing AQA they could just repeat a poem :/
Original post by thepurplerain
Well Flag, The Falling Leaves and The Right Word apparently haven't come up before but knowing AQA they could just repeat a poem :/

Those three won't come up: https://community.tes.co.uk/tes_engl.../t/520082.aspx

AQA changed this a few months ago:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-ENGLIT-CHANGES.PDF

'From 2015 any of the 15 poems from each cluster couldbe named on either tier of the examination.'
Anyone have any predictions for the Character and voice cluster? My teacher thinks it will be The Ruined Maid, Brendon Gallacher or Give seeing as they're the only 3 that haven't come up, and as they've changed the rules this year they could come up. I think we will get one of them and one repeat, seeing as AQA pretty much repeated a Parris question for the Crucible and used Curley's wife AND Lennie again for OMAM! How is everyone revising?
Original post by RR151215
Anyone have any predictions for the Character and voice cluster? My teacher thinks it will be The Ruined Maid, Brendon Gallacher or Give seeing as they're the only 3 that haven't come up, and as they've changed the rules this year they could come up. I think we will get one of them and one repeat, seeing as AQA pretty much repeated a Parris question for the Crucible and used Curley's wife AND Lennie again for OMAM! How is everyone revising?

Just wondering, when was the Parris question last done? I heard everyone saying this but I didn't see it when I was doing my revision for The Crucible.
Original post by thepurplerain
Just wondering, when was the Parris question last done? I heard everyone saying this but I didn't see it when I was doing my revision for The Crucible.

I have a feeling It may have been 2011- I did it at school so not entirely sure. It was effectively the same question, except in the previous one it asked how far you considered Parris to be responsible for Proctor's death so you had to link it to him- if anything this one was far easier!
Original post by RR151215

My 2015 collins revision guide states that Brendon Gallacher, Give and the ruined maid will only be named on the foundation tier and that medusa,land grands seigneurs and casehistory:Alison will only be named on the higher tier paper. so for the higher paper the questions are going to be a repeat.
what themes do you guys think will come up for conflicy poetry? i think possibly nature or patriotism/ heroism?

despite the new change, is there rlly still a possiblilty of them repeating a poem?
Original post by zinky99
what themes do you guys think will come up for conflicy poetry? i think possibly nature or patriotism/ heroism?

despite the new change, is there rlly still a possiblilty of them repeating a poem?

They will either go really predictable and use two from Flag, Falling Leaves and The Right Word as none have been used, or will repeat one or two poems. The best bet is be well prepared on those three because hopefully at least one will come up. This is the second last year of this course, so one will have to be repeated at some point
I'm doing the relationships cluster tomorrow- does anyone have any tips on how to get A*? Or a structure format? would really appreciate it:colondollar:
any one do conflict cluster? if so any predictions?
Original post by isthatmatilda
i was shocked when i saw the parris question cos i really did not think aqa would repeat a question.
i was even more shocked when i saw betrayal because i was thinking is that even a theme????
so i was gonna do parris but then i thought how many points could i really make about him; all i would be saying is parris is a prick, parris is a dick, parris is a weasle etc.
so for some ungodly reason i did betrayal which in the end i think went ok, could've been better but meh

and then the part a question for tkam was dumb as hell cos there was nothing to anayse in the extract but i quite like the mockingbird question and just talked about bae like boo :tongue:

wbu?

how come you've done the exam, is it aqa?
Original post by rumana101
how come you've done the exam, is it aqa?

Yeah that was the AQA exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending