The Student Room Group

National 5 Geography 2015

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this so I thought I'd start one. Does anyone have any practice papers or pictures of model papers they could put on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I predict a coastal map this year, the specimen and 2014 paper were glaciation. I also think there will be 2 maps, 1 physical and 1 human (urban).
Reply 2
For the natural disasters topic, if anyone studied that, do we need to know the causes of the disasters and the formations eg. Tropical storms?
I'm not sure if I need these as I was gives a booklet with alot of unneeded information..
Original post by reticent
For the natural disasters topic, if anyone studied that, do we need to know the causes of the disasters and the formations eg. Tropical storms?
I'm not sure if I need these as I was gives a booklet with alot of unneeded information..

Distribution (read the map given), causes (basically the first bit of formation), case study, plan and predict.
Reply 4
Original post by mayushii29
Distribution (read the map given), causes (basically the first bit of formation), case study, plan and predict.

ah thank you!
ah thank you!

No problem! Best of luck.
Anyone care to explain the different stages of depression? and also, do we need to know about the Demographic Transition Model? Praying for a good weather question, and a question about a tropical storm! good Luck tomorrow! :biggrin:
Original post by Hi people
Anyone care to explain the different stages of depression? and also, do we need to know about the Demographic Transition Model? Praying for a good weather question, and a question about a tropical storm! good Luck tomorrow! :biggrin:

weather depressions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/weather_climate/weather_systems_rev3.shtml
Warm front>warm sector>cold front>cold sector. Front= rain.

demographic transition:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/population/population_change_structure_rev4.shtml
know the basics, like what happens in terms of birth/death rates in each stage, and examples of countries in each stage.

I'm thinking an air mass or depression/anticyclone question.
It would be nice to have a 'for any hazard you have studied' question too.
Good luck to you too!
Reply 8
I think that a development indicator question may also come up as it was not in last years paper.
Reply 9
How did everyone find the paper?

I personally thought it was fair and of a lesser difficulty that last years. The weather question was a bit of a surprise as it usually deals with air pressure systems but it was manageable.
What did everyone put for the impact of an earthquake?
Original post by BeatricePrior

Short term aid, long term aid, predict and plan.
How did everyone find the paper?

I personally thought it was fair and of a lesser difficulty that last years. The weather question was a bit of a surprise as it usually deals with air pressure systems but it was manageable.

I swear there was so many 'giving map evidence' questions though. It was also nice that they let you choose your coastal feature for formation.

Do you mean the strategies used to reduce the impact of the earthquake? I put:
1. Dominican Republic sent in heavy machinery to assist with searching people
2. GIS was used to give satellite images and maps of the area
3. WFP provided 10 million packaged food in the 1st week
4. Red Cross put up temporary shelters to help and treat the injured
5. 6000 US troops and marines sent in to prevent looting and violence
6. Many saw the effects of Haiti, so pledged money over their phones.
Hope this helped! How did you guys find exam? Personally, I thought it was really easy, and manageable.
What did you guys put for river features? I put the first grid ref. meander; the 2nd grid ref. levee, and the 3rd grid ref. V-shaped valley
:smile:
Original post by mayushii29
I swear there was so many 'giving map evidence' questions though. It was also nice that they let you choose your coastal feature for formation.

I did stack.. Do you think that would be okay since it wasn't one of the answer? I don't even know what I was thinking.
Original post by Hi people
Do you mean the strategies used to reduce the impact of the earthquake? I put:
1. Dominican Republic sent in heavy machinery to assist with searching people
2. GIS was used to give satellite images and maps of the area
3. WFP provided 10 million packaged food in the 1st week
4. Red Cross put up temporary shelters to help and treat the injured
5. 6000 US troops and marines sent in to prevent looting and violence
6. Many saw the effects of Haiti, so pledged money over their phones.
Hope this helped! How did you guys find exam? Personally, I thought it was really easy, and manageable.
What did you guys put for river features? I put the first grid ref. meander; the 2nd grid ref. levee, and the 3rd grid ref. V-shaped valley
:smile:

I only did aid stuff too, but my teacher said it was about prevention.
Reply 16
What did everyone put for weather wuestipn? I said stuff about warm and cold fronts is this right?
Was anyone else surprised there was no farming question?
Reply 18
Was anyone else surprised there was no farming question?

Technically there was if you include talking about that for the 2 land use conflicts
Original post by RossRFC
What did everyone put for weather wuestipn? I said stuff about warm and cold fronts is this right?

I said stuff on altitude, air masses and it's higher up from the equator line. Also about how the sun shines at an angle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending