The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lamatata
I thought it was if ne faut que, negative no subjunctive???

Really?! Uh oh. I've never heard of that rule.
Can anybody remember any others?
I thought it was if ne faut que, negative no subjunctive???

Still requires the subjunctive
Original post by Saraaa_d
Still requires the subjunctive

:frown:
It was the 'pour que' which triggered the subjunctive, I think, not the 'il faut'. There was also the past participle of 'permettre'. I think that's the only one that hasn't been mentioned
Such a hard exam. **** my life.
Original post by Amyjonesx
Can anybody remember any others?

the cinema one and the friends one. The worst ever!!!

Don't worry, I didn't notice the subjunctive! Besides, I think because the rest of the paper was relatively difficult, the grade boundaries will be lower anyway.
Reply 248
Well for some reason the listening section appeared on the computers as 53 separate tracks each lasting 6-7 seconds. We all complained but they couldn't do anything so we had to make do clicking on each individual track...ridiculous! It took so much longer as a result :frown:
However I did like la publicité as an essay :smile:
I thought...
the listening was harder than usual so lost marks there
the reading was fine
made 2 stupid mistakes on the cloze exercises
the essay (publicity) was beauuuutiful!
I'm thinking I got around 93 (raw) but that's a guess. Got 101 (=100UMS) on June 2014 paper.
Is anyone making an unofficial mark scheme? Can we try to compile one OP?

It's ok, I'm sure you picked up marks on the other ones, as well as the listening and writing! Grade boundaries are likely to be low considering most people found it difficult, don't worry
Reply 251
f u c k my life

only good thing was the essay
Reply 252
Did we have to answer the stress part in english or french because I can't remember lol and I think I did french...
Reply 253
Original post by mizzy96
Did we have to answer the stress part in english or french because I can't remember lol and I think I did french...

in french.
the 14 mark Q
Original post by mizzy96

Definitely French.
Reply 255
I answered them all in French but now I'm starting to doubt whether that was right?! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 256
Original post by th1997
I answered them all in French but now I'm starting to doubt whether that was right?! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the first one was in English? When the questions are written in English, the answers are usually in English and vice versa for the French
Original post by th1997

Posted from TSR Mobile

Including the one about getting on reality TV? That was supposed to be in English! :/
That was definitely one of the hardest paper I've done! Although the Sports essay was okay...not sure if I got above 30 to guarantee an overall A at Unit 1 :frown: Hopefully everyone did well though? :~)

Now onwards to Biology Unit 1...
Reply 259
On the whole though, you guys don't have to worry. I was retaking my AS French and I got a B last year. Trust me, after learning a lot of French at A2, everything becomes much better - your understanding, your essay writing, everything! So even if you guys aren't happy this year with your grade, don't be afraid to retake... Although I must admit, the paper was hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending