The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5rosie-brown
I thought...
the listening was harder than usual so lost marks there
the reading was fine
made 2 stupid mistakes on the cloze exercises
the essay (publicity) was beauuuutiful!
I'm thinking I got around 93 (raw) but that's a guess. Got 101 (=100UMS) on June 2014 paper.
Is anyone making an unofficial mark scheme? Can we try to compile one OP?

Thats a good idea! How do we it do it? Just go through each question one by one?
Reply 261
It was 'pour que' so it has to be subjunctive I think
Was it four details for the question asking about that girl's experience when she was interviewed? Does anyone remember what they were?
Hello all :smile:

I found this to be quite a fair paper (probably because I'm at A2) and I found the listening and reading generally quite easy, apart from the first question (in particular the 4 things about her experiences, pretty sure I lost marks there). Sucks when you know a word but can't remember what it means, huh?

Am I the only one who did the essay on cosmetic surgery, tattoos and piercings? I thought that was an awesome title, especially for someone who had done minimal revision of the topics. In one of my paragraphs I went on a rant about how young girls are getting surgery because they want to look like their idols in the magazines, but what they look like there is far from what they actually look like. :colondollar:
Original post by Nijuuninichi
Was it four details for the question asking about that girl's experience when she was interviewed? Does anyone remember what they were?

That was such a hard question, pretty sure she didn't even say 4. So I separated what she said, into 4 bits.. Only remember 1 sorry
1. Something about stereotypes recruiters being stereotypical

Yeah. I think they were:
1) She was treated like an animal (that's what I'm hearing the answer was anyway)
2) She had to act out getting angry
3) She had to sing a song
4) She had to act out falling in love

Edit: Yeah Sara is right there was definitely something about stereotypes in there. I'm probably confusing two different parts of the question.
(edited 8 years ago)

Something about stereotypes, waiting for hours, only a 5 minutes interview and being treated like stars?
Original post by UnBalanced
Yeah. I think they were:
1) She was treated like an animal (that's what I'm hearing the answer was anyway)

Edit: Yeah Sara is right there was definitely something about stereotypes in there. I'm probably confusing two questions.

The animal bit is right

The other three, weren't they for question 3? The bit where they asked '4 things you have to do in a telephone interview?' or something along those lines?
I've got it as:
- She had to wait for hours- She was treated like an idiot- The interview was only 5 minutes long- They were looking for stereotypes

Yeah that's right! Treated like an 'idiot', I thought she said 'animal', but maybe you'd get a mark for 'idiot'?
Original post by Saraaa_d
The animal bit is right

The other three, weren't they for question 3? The bit where they asked '4 things you have to do in a telephone interview?' or something along those lines?

You're right, haha. I've forgotten what the other answers to question 4 were now tbh.
Yeah that's right! Treated like an 'idiot', I thought she said 'animal', but maybe you'd get a mark for 'idiot'?

Oh no, they're the same word aren't they? Whoops.
The animal bit is right

Do you remember what it said, I'm sure I heard vedettes...
Yeah. I think they were:

Edit: Yeah Sara is right there was definitely something about stereotypes in there. I'm probably confusing two different parts of the question.

There was the one about her phone interview and then the one about the real life interview - the phone had three, the real life had four.

For the phone one, I got:
- get angry
- make a declaration of love
- sing a song

For the real life one, I had:
- it only lasted five minutes
- she was made to wait for ages
- they were just looking for stereotypes
- she was treated like she was stupid

Not sure about the love or the treating like she was stupid ones, but I think the other ones are right

Posted from TSR Mobile
maybe you'd get a mark for 'idiot'?

I hope so cause that's what I put too...
You're right, haha. I've forgotten what the other answers to question 4 were now tbh.

:smile: Well you defo got all the marks on question 3! Yeah, forgot most of the paper tbh
I hope so cause that's what I put too...

Wordreference translates 'bete' as idiotic too, so you probably would get a mark!
And for the first one, it was present yourself, talk about your qualities and attract the attention of the recruiter?

Phone interview: Get angry, sing a song, declaration of love.

Correct me if I'm wrong please. :smile:

Now on to the stress one!
Oh no, they're the same word aren't they? Whoops.

Don't worry, it means the same thing so you'd get a mark!
:smile: Well you defo got all the marks on question 3! Yeah, forgot most of the paper tbh

woo :h:

What did you guys get for the reading question about the festival? I found that I had way more F than V so I'm wondering if I might have got bits wrong
Original post by student0042
Do you remember what it said, I'm sure I heard vedettes...

'Vionar' has got all of them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending