The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by David_Waddell
I thought it was alright. Left the trig question out. Think i got around 50-55/75. Hoping my M1 brings me up. wbu

It was good, I made some mistakes so hopefully I'll get method marks I think I got around the same marks as you. Just have to wait and see. I'm just hoping that I do well in c3, c4 and d1 to bring up my overall grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I got around 90% in C1 and 65% C2, can I still get an A in Maths As level?
Original post by watchmen98
Guys, I got around 90% in C1 and 65% C2, can I still get an A in Maths As level?

Yeah you can, you'll need around 85% in your applied option

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james2130
Was i the only one unable to answer 9b)...the cost of the cylinder. All i got to was differentiation and then mind went blank

I just differentiated it. couldn't do anything else.
Original post by PjsAndCoffee

May I ask whether you found the paper difficult because you didn't know how to do it?
Or did you lose marks because of silly mistakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PjsAndCoffee

To find the minimum value of r yes you do differentiate. Then you say that dC/dr=0
which you can to use to find r which I got was 2.92 and most others got. What I forgot to do is then use the value for r and substitute it back into 6πr^2+150/r to get 200/300 something. The last question really wasn't hard, especially compared to the one on C1.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yousf
People said doing past papers from previous years set and spotting your mistakes, correcting these, was the best method of revision for maths. :frown:
Not the case anymore...

Really? So didn't this exam follow the other past paper's methods or patterns?
I missed it due to my stupid asthma attack. I think exam boards are starting to have this idea that, because we have access to many many resources...compared to the previous years- we would be at at terrible advantage or something.
People pretending that they know what the grade boundaries are as usual.
No way they can expect us to do Solomon papers. I hate Maths too much to look at those. If they're over 62, for C1 and C2 this year then I'll have to consider dropping this crap. Apparently all the papers pre 2014 are useless now as well.
At least next year, I can ruin grade boundaries for new Year 12s.
Original post by Jam3898
No way they can expect us to do Solomon papers. I hate Maths too much to look at those. If they're over 62, for C1 and C2 this year then I'll have to consider dropping this crap. Apparently all the papers pre 2014 are useless now as well.

True I agree, but the problem is a lot of people want to get a top grade so they will do all the Solomon papers and stuff. I'm no expert but I think they will be around the 62 region, pre 2014 are not completely useless, they're still good practice , but more and more people are realising that to access the top grade they need to be doing more than just past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone help me, for 3c it completely didn't occur to me to take out the factor of 3 so I factorised it as (root3x - root48)(root3x + root48). Is that a valid alternative answer???
Original post by domcandrews
True I agree, but the problem is a lot of people want to get a top grade so they will do all the Solomon papers and stuff. I'm no expert but I think they will be around the 62 region, pre 2014 are not completely useless, they're still good practice , but more and more people are realising that to access the top grade they need to be doing more than just past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again I disagree that yesterday's exam was completely different from any past exam and you don't have to do Solomon papers if you want a really good mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3491
Original post by Jam3898

are we the last year that can resit modules?
has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? if they have that would be great :smile: thanks
Original post by samb1234
Again I disagree that yesterday's exam was completely different from any past exam and you don't have to do Solomon papers if you want a really good mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this as well, i feel that if you use the C2 Edexcel book you're provided with it has everything you need to know in it. I did most my revision through learning every chapter in the book then applying it to past papers. I feel i've done well in both C1 and C2 because of this.
Original post by Reece13
has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? if they have that would be great :smile: thanks

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3344369
Hey where can I find the unofficial Mark scheme? This thread is far too long
Original post by howardyeates
Hey where can I find the unofficial Mark scheme? This thread is far too long

It is literally one post before your one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
It is literally one post before your one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ready for step yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Ready for step yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much. Got the 1's and S's in mocks. Just hoping for the papers to be on my strong topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending