The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harryffc
You are wrong on the ke gpe and maximum height questions
Mass is measured in kg not g
Oh no you've lost 7marks

First of all;
Just to make things clear mass was 0.05kg and when working out kinetic energy units stay, Kg, m/s, J. Okay secondly it's 144x0.05x0.5 = 3.6 j.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ed Jeffrey
you cant even lift a finger with 3 joules

It was a little rocket. Made out of paper 0.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the velocity time-graph question, it said maximum so it was 170/10 which was 17m/s?
Reply 443
Was the last question the one about the relationship between the range of the rocket and something else? Worried that I missed the last page
Yeah max I got the same for maximum and used that same method. I'm pretty sure it's right cos I checked all other points and they gave lower values.
I don't think so. For me the maximum is 22.5 since I used calculus to find the max

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the question about the resistance you need to say why she couldn't be certain that metal changes resistance or something
The 6marker was a trick question you had to talk about radioactive isotopes and there nuclear charges everyone messed it up
Original post by cogito.
I don't think so. For me the maximum is 22.5 since I used calculus to find the max

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got the same
The 6marker was a trick question you had to talk about radioactive isotopes and there nuclear charges everyone messed it up

really, it said just modern atom, charges and mass.
Original post by Asad_2015
i got the same

I'm pretty sure we are right. But I'm wondering the AQA is not careful when asking such questions since it's logically impossible to find the 'point of maximum' on a changing velocity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samfurness98
Exactly, it was 3600 j

If you used 3600 joules to calculate the next question, you would have the rocket launching kilometres into the atmosphere rather than a more appropriate 7.2m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
I'm pretty sure we are right. But I'm wondering the AQA is not careful when asking such questions since it's logically impossible to find the 'point of maximum' on a changing velocity

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because the graph curved, but when it was straight tge gradient of that line was at a steady speed. Therefore anywhere on that line was correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by camz01
was the eye one suspensory ligaments and retina ??!!

I put ciliary muscles :eek:
Original post by Asad_2015
It was a little rocket. Made out of paper 0.o

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, I'm confused!
:biggrin:
You may be right.
You are wrong on the ke gpe and maximum height questions
Mass is measured in kg not g
Oh no you've lost 7marks

She wouldn't have lost 7 marks, most likely 1 or at most 2.

AQA allow follow through marks
How did you get 22.5 for the velocity time-graph, it was just Speed= d/t, the maximum distance reached was 170 and it took 10 seconds, so 170/10 came out as 17m/s.
Original post by Ankit.B
it had to be right cos it was refracting idk what you did :l

Neither do I lol, apart from that it was fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest