The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nijuuninichi
The second to last one stressed me out! It said something about the profits from the CDs and DVDs being sent to SDF (or something like that). I guessed it was an acronym for homeless people, maybe Sans-Domicile-Something. I put true in the end, but I'm scared I got it wrong! :s-smilie:

I'm doing A2 but resat the paper. It seemed a bit mean putting SDF in the paper, because I don't think you learn about homelessness at AS. I found the holiday questions quite hard.
The second to last one stressed me out! It said something about the profits from the CDs and DVDs being sent to SDF (or something like that). I guessed it was an acronym for homeless people, maybe Sans-Domicile-Something. I put true in the end, but I'm scared I got it wrong! :s-smilie:

Original post by Claros
Sans-domicile-fixe, yes it also means homeless and I also put true

Damn, I didn't think of that. Assumed it was the name of a charity and it was a different acronym to the charity mentioned so I put F. :s-smilie: That's hardly general knowledge!
I got bored yesterday and looked through some of the A2 past papers, they look so terrifying! There's so much you have to do, it seems like you'd have barely any time at the end... Though the translation looks quite exciting!

Bear in mind that we have 2.5 hours for this exam and the layout is pretty much the same as AS- just harder questions! The translation is a little daunting for me I have to say (sometimes they can be ridiculously strict and reject certain words even if they have the same sort of meaning). I've just got a lot of practising to do I suppose.
Original post by UnBalanced
Damn, I didn't think of that. Assumed it was the name of a charity and it was a different acronym to the charity mentioned so I put F. :s-smilie: That's hardly general knowledge!

That's a shame!

At A2 one of our topics is about poverty, so that's probably where I learnt SDF from.
Original post by James255
On the stress questions, was it okay to use the infinitive form of the verb when answering some of the questions (E.g Aller voir un film comique)? Like the one about ways of avoiding/relieving stress.

I've seen it before in mark schemes, so you're probably OK. I did it too!
Reply 345

I got that one, but does anyone know what they got for the first 3 or 4?
Original post by UnBalanced

I was close to putting false as well for the exact same reason! But then I remembered this French campaign and it just came to me? I'm not sure what happened to be honest. :biggrin:

Original post by Claros
Bear in mind that we have 2.5 hours for this exam and the layout is pretty much the same as AS- just harder questions! The translation is a little daunting for me I have to say (sometimes they can be ridiculously strict and reject certain words even if they have the same sort of meaning). I've just got a lot of practising to do I suppose.

2.5 hours! Wow. I wonder if any of my other A2 exams will last that long... Good luck with your exam, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. :smile:
Reply 347
Anyone remember what the questions were for the section about e.g. what parents hate the most.. I going to court etc.
Anyone remember what all the questions were?
Original post by andyt345
I got that one, but does anyone know what they got for the first 3 or 4?

I don't remember most of them, but I know I put ND the one where they asked if the concert was broadcasted live (en direct).
I put F because it said it had already been filmed at the start of February.
Original post by MrMusicLTD

Yeah that's what I did, I couldn't think of anything else.

Did anyone find Question 4 difficult for listening?

I at least got 2 maybe 3 out of 5 but it was quite trick don't think I got full marks
Anyone remember what the questions were for the section about e.g. what parents hate the most.. I going to court etc.Anyone remember what all the questions were?

"Make sure your plans are realistic financially speaking"
"Promise them that you'll remain contactable for the whole duration of the trip"
"Parents want to feel included."
"You shouldn't tell them you're going on holiday only two days before so they have time to reflect"
"Parents prefer if you're going with friends that they know because they trust them"

I just copy pasted the ones we came up with from before. :smile: I doubt it's all of them though.

Uh oh. I don't remember seeing that. :frown:
Reply 352
"Make sure your plans are realistic financially speaking"
"Promise them that you'll remain contactable for the whole duration of the trip"
"Parents want to feel included."
"You shouldn't tell them you're going on holiday only two days before so they have time to reflect"
"Parents prefer if you're going with friends that they know because they trust them"

I just copy pasted the ones we came up with from before. :smile: I doubt it's all of them though.

Okay thanks. Are you sure that the you shouldn't tell them you're going on holiday 2 days before is right?
that was the worst paper ever!! hated it all.
for the F and V i put all V because my brain couldnt take any of it :frown: hope i for a few right.
my brain hurted so much i am scared that i put T for true instead of V.
i dont even know.
aaah thats a fail coming my way
Okay thanks. Are you sure that the you shouldn't tell them you're going on holiday 2 days before is right?

Ha ha I have no idea. What did you put for it?
Original post by Claros
That's a shame!

At A2 one of our topics is about poverty, so that's probably where I learnt SDF from.

Oh really? I'm carrying it on for A2, that sounds pretty interesting. So are you taking both the AS and A2 exams in quick succession?
For the film ones, I put love, comedy, cartoon, historical and I can't remember the last one :/ They're not in order by the way, but I know for definite that the first one was love.
Reply 357
Ha ha I have no idea. What did you put for it?

Can't remember the options tbh, do you?
Original post by Shayminfan191
that was the worst paper ever!! hated it all.
for the F and V i put all V because my brain couldnt take any of it :frown: hope i for a few right.
my brain hurted so much i am scared that i put T for true instead of V.
i dont even know.
aaah thats a fail coming my way

I believe the mark scheme says also accept "T, tick" for true.
For the film ones, I put love, comedy, cartoon, historical and I can't remember the last one :/ They're not in order by the way, but I know for definite that the first one was love.

I but police drama or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending