The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM)

Scroll to see replies

And the other 12 marker was talking about poor productivity right?
Original post by ninjass
Hey, for the investment 8 marker, I wrote 1 reason about why investment increased - as it did increase between 2009 and 2010 I think. Would I lose marks as the question was about change in business investment, not specifically decrease

The general trend was that investment was decreasing in that time period stated in the question you will be awarded a maximum of 2 marks I think
Reply 942
Original post by ElizaLea
The question, copied directly out of the paper, is 'To what extent do demand-side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives?' with no 'in the economy' so that should finish the debating. Sorry I got the wrong idea before, I haven't read the whole thread. :smile:

I see :/ Too bad I was hoping for a miracle xD
Original post by ninjass
Hey, for the investment 8 marker, I wrote 1 reason about why investment increased - as it did increase between 2009 and 2010 I think. Would I lose marks as the question was about change in business investment, not specifically decrease

Didnt the question say between 2008 and 2013
Original post by golden tribe
Didnt the question say between 2008 and 2013

Yes it did, but apart from 2008 to 2009 it was generally no trend. One point was about the decrease from 2008 to 2009 and another point was about the increase from 2009 to 2010. So I just picked points between 2008 and 2013
Original post by ninjass
Yes it did, but apart from 2008 to 2009 it was generally no trend. One point was about the decrease from 2008 to 2009 and another point was about the increase from 2009 to 2010. So I just picked points between 2008 and 2013

The question asked about the period where investment declined, therefore your answer is incorrect
Guys, when you get to the point where you can't remember what the question was, that's the time to forget about it :smile:. What's done is done, just leave it be, it can't be changed and just speculating endlessly about 'is this point valid' won't make any difference. This is in the past, we all have other exams now, lets move on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jemy
I see :/ Too bad I was hoping for a miracle xD

Sorry! :smile:
Reply 948
Original post by member1753327
The question asked about the period where investment declined, therefore your answer is incorrect

Im pretty sure the question did not ask where investment declined
Original post by Swaany
Im pretty sure the question did not ask where investment declined

Question 2?
Wait for the question about to likely reasons why investment decreased, it did decline?
Original post by ninjass

What was the question? And was this on question 1 or 2?
Original post by Mr.Samba
What was the question? And was this on question 1 or 2?

Question 2, investment decreased, not increased during that time period
Question 2, investment decreased, not increased during that time period

Wasn't it a 6 marker?
Wasn't it a 6 marker?

That also stated the decrease
That also stated the decrease

Forgive me but wasn't the 6 marker the only question on question 2 based on investment?

All I want to know if the investment question was the 6 marker?
Forgive me but wasn't the 6 marker the only question on question 2 based on investment?

All I want to know if the investment question was the 6 marker?

2 questions about investment

1) The 6 marker about investment in real prices
2) Likely reasons of investment change
what are the grade boundaries usually like?
2 questions about investment

1) The 6 marker about investment in real prices
2) Likely reasons of investment change

Ah yes forgive me :smile:

For the first one I'm sure they wanted people to state about them being adjusted for inflation. If you didn't that wouldn't be answering the question, it was focused on 2010 prices with this being the base year.

Second question I put low investment due to low 'animal spirits' and low profits not allowing them to reinvest. Reckon that'll do?
Ah yes forgive me :smile:

For the first one I'm sure they wanted people to state about them being adjusted for inflation. If you didn't that wouldn't be answering the question, it was focused on 2010 prices with this being the base year.

Second question I put low investment due to low 'animal spirits' and low profits not allowing them to reinvest. Reckon that'll do?

Never heard animal spirits, but yes low profits can be a cause but would have expanded more, I put increases in NMW as it is factual and also high corp tax, some people argue that you had to take the recession into the account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending